Bridge loan or Bail out?

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Our esteemed Commander in Chief has announced a Bridge loan of 17 Billion to GM & Chrysler.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
It won't be a loan if they go out of business and don't pay it
back, will it? (but wait, Obama will give them more money
when he gets in office) they can pay it back with that...
sure they will.. *lol*

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
It's a **** shame that's what it is. Those compaines should file chapter 11 let a judge throw out those bloated contracts and trim the company down. Paying someone 95% of their pay if they show up at the plant to play cards in case they need them is crazy. No other industry does that the so called jobs pool. A layoff is a layoff getting paid to sit on your rear end playing cards reading a book or sleeping is called welfair. I feel for anyone that loses their job but that is life and until the big 3 start making cars that people want to buy more layoff's are in their furture

houts

Seasoned Expediter
It's a **** shame that's what it is. Those compaines should file chapter 11 let a judge throw out those bloated contracts and trim the company down.

I agree 100% the only way to control cost of labor is to start over

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I amin the camp of just let them die on the vein and file BK and re organize. This "bailout" by bush is nothing more then away to give obama the issue, and we all know he will continue to throw go money after bad, and nothing will change. It is not the governments place to get involved in private business in this way, with the suto companies or banks or any other business.

Now with that being said, hasn't the government been using tax dollars to more or less "bailout" farms for decades?? government subsides to farmers have been the "norm" for for has long as i can remember. Hell we even pay farms NOT to grow or use their land..........