Brett Favre... make up your mind!

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
Hopefully young atheletes are watching this and learning that this is not the way to go out gracefully. I loved watching Favre play---yes even after going to the Jets. That first time I can ignore. He felt he could still play and the Pack had moved on. No big deal, plenty of players end their careers with one last season in a different uniform (ex.Joe Montana & the Chiefs).
This deal with the Vikings is just ridiculous though. A player has never had so much fan loyalty going for him that he did with Packers fans.:mad: Even after the Jets, he could have stayed retired---been held in high regard throughout the Cheesehead nation, and had tons of commercial endorsement opportunities. What could he endorse now---Waffle House???

Looks like he's going to do it----I hope GB crushes the Vikes.

Packer fan in exile.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
over the weekend a business in kenosha had a "dump your brett favre stuff here" for a fund raiser. suprisingly no one showed up except the person who tried to organize it. evidently wisc packer fans still love the guy.

all he is showing younger players is how to get attention. maybe attention is the new vicadin.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Well, it's official, just announced on.. ESPN, press conference in a bit.

2 year $25 mil contract. They're allready saying how he will lead the Vikings to the Super Bowl, this will totally save the Vikings, etc...

Sheesh.. I always liked Favre, and hey, he deserves one last fling I guess.. or 3...

Just wonder why this return will be different from the others.

Dale

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
how can this be a return? he hasn't missed a season yet.
at least the mj comeback was after a couple years in minor league ball.
his last fling in g.b was an int:eek::D:D

his next one could be a career ender...and it is monday nite oct 5th in g.b.
guess i will watch 4 packer games this year.

Last edited:

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
lets see 15 games at a average of 2 hours a game...Qb will be on the field an average of half that time......so lets say 15 games x 1 hour = 15 hours for $12,000,000 buckaroos comes to $800,000 buckaroos an hour.......pretty good business decision...for that kinda money i wouldnt care who didnt like me.....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
come on.. think about it...brett has done this exact same thing for how many years...3-4?? annonce he is retring...start talks at the beginning of spring camp..sty away till AFTER 2 a days...then sign...he is older, doesn't want to do anymore work then HE feels he needs....

he will do the same thing next yr......

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
He's having a mid life crisis. Most athletes who have been successfull have gone through what Favre is experiencing. Michael Jordan, Lance Armstrong,Joe Montana, the list is long. Athletes reach an age when the desire to compete wanes or the body takes too much wear and tear,plus the mudane preparation is too much to deal with. That's why you see the older players miss training camp. They want to do as little as possible except play the game. The excitement of the game makes them want to continue to play. Uh, plus the money.:D
P.S. Is Favre considered a quitter?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As part of the Brett Favre deal, the Minnesota Vikings will be getting $4,500 from the U.S. Government as part of the Cash for Clunkers program.

Attachments

• Favre.jpg
    Favre.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 2

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
Moose, moose---the sad part about the Vikings...well one of the sad parts is that they think they are the Packs biggest rival.
Da Bears have always been public enemy #1 for Green Bay. The Vikings take a backseat with the Lions dontchya know.

Looking forward to Nov. 1