Boy am I happy

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Been doing it many years longer then that and still cannot believe the beauty of this land. Still takes my breath away to see the downtown areas and all the skyscrapers, to see the mountains, to pop over a hill and see a small town down in the valley and list goes on and on.

For some reason seeing the same old hallway, the same old bathroom, the same old kitchen, the same old alarm clock, the same old commute to work gets old real fast.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I was gonna get back in the saddle, boy am I glad I didn't I found a fine position. health benefits 401k 45-50 hrs week

Congratulations...Now all you have to worry about is the MAN. And hope the MAN won`t suddenly decide to move the business to Mexico.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I NEVER get tired of seeing deer, although I have never seen one bounce, even in snow. I love the wide open country side and can take cities long enough to get the job done, still don't like 'em. I would not trade this business for any I have been in. I hate the "grind" jobs. You can feel yourself die a little each day. Layoutshooter

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I was gonna get back in the saddle, boy am I glad I didn't I found a fine position. health benefits 401k 45-50 hrs week ot pay, home every night, my own TOILET, my very own queen size bed, my 32inch flat screen tv. I've been away from expediting for 6months and when I think I miss it. I just think back at what life was like

A lot expediters happily gave up the toilet because it meant getting rid of the boss too.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I NEVER get tired of seeing deer, although I have never seen one bounce, even in snow. I love the wide open country side and can take cities long enough to get the job done, still don't like 'em. I would not trade this business for any I have been in. I hate the "grind" jobs. You can feel yourself die a little each day. Layoutshooter

They bounce off the bumper pretty well.

jbolton

Seasoned Expediter
That is exactly why so many of us that have chosen this "life on the road" have gone to fully equiped large sleeper trucks with all of the emenities! Its the next best thing to being home, especially being complete with built in toilet and shower. That allows us to enjoy our love of the road. And we work when we want and take time off whenever we wish because we work for our own business, not someone else. I really like that!!!

Glad things have worked out for you at home, especially in these trying economic times in the job market as a whole.

Only a hand full of people have the showers and toilets in the trucks, The fleet owners rarely put drivers in those kind of trucks, and as far as owning one, way too much money, but like I said there are a handful that drive them. I had a a nice actera with 96 inch sleeper, but that pales in comparison to your own home

jbolton

Seasoned Expediter
Been doing it many years longer then that and still cannot believe the beauty of this land. Still takes my breath away to see the downtown areas and all the skyscrapers, to see the mountains, to pop over a hill and see a small town down in the valley and list goes on and on.

For some reason seeing the same old hallway, the same old bathroom, the same old kitchen, the same old alarm clock, the same old commute to work gets old real fast.

I guess everyone's situation is diffrent I'm 26 and don't mind seeing that same old bathroom, same old kitchen,etc. I don't mind it because I get to see my family everyday and for me family is most important

jbolton

Seasoned Expediter
Congratulations...Now all you have to worry about is the MAN. And hope the MAN won`t suddenly decide to move the business to Mexico.

Same to you, You better hope what ever company your with never sells out. like conwaynow did

I work for an enviromental conservation lab....I'll always have a job in that field

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Mr. jbolton,
if your happy with your job & your family good for you. On the other hand, saying after three years seeing a sunrise or sunset in different areas of the country is getting old for you, my opinion only, your missing something in your life.

Last edited:

jbolton

Seasoned Expediter
No I don't.

sure you do...theres certain rules you have to adhere to ..come on ateam you know that, don't disagree just to disagree. If you can tell me you can haul what you want where you want when you want how you want and you dont have to do logs or send over a pod amongst a whole bunch of other stuff than I agree you dont have a boss.

But we all know that's not the case sir. YOU HAVE A BOSS :cool:

jbolton

Seasoned Expediter
Mr. jbolton,
if your happy with your job & your family good for you. On the other hand, saying after three years seeing a sunrise or sunset in different areas of the country is getting old for you, my opinion only your missing something in your life.

I've been to every lower 48 states and all of canada, for the first year seeing this beautiful country as well as beautiful parts of canada such as Manitoba and Saskatewan ( im pretty sure i mispelled it ) it all started to look the same, as for me I wasn't able to take in all the sights or national monuments, parks, etc. I worked for an owner and the goal was to make money not stay around for 2 days and take in the sights.

I'm pretty sure I would have been happier owning my own truck, but I'm still glad I'm out of the business, and spending more time with my family than spending time at dirty truckstops and walmarts.

Again everyones life is diffrent, some maybe retired enjoying this wonderful country, some maybe husband/wife no kids, some people maybe partners, with no family back home and dont mind spending the necessary minimum 3 weeks out to make any money, but that life is not for me and I'm not missing anything in my life except more of GOD.

scottanhelen

Seasoned Expediter
sure you do...theres certain rules you have to adhere to ..come on ateam you know that, don't disagree just to disagree. If you can tell me you can haul what you want where you want when you want how you want and you dont have to do logs or send over a pod amongst a whole bunch of other stuff than I agree you dont have a boss.

But we all know that's not the case sir. YOU HAVE A BOSS :cool:

Oh well another one bids fair well that just dosn't get it.

dodgeboy

Seasoned Expediter
So will we!!! I often thought that that would be great idea. It could even be clean!! Layoutshooter

The problem on the road is expenses. What if we could have our own EO owned truck stop where it would cost next to nothing to sit and wait for a good payig load in a not so decent area. I would buy the old 76 truck stop on joliet, and make it restricted access to expediters only. There would be free showers and very low cost food, and the store would be converted into a mini-walmart where we can buy in bulk at very reasonable prices. Are you reading this, Lawrence!! he he...

Last edited:

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
And in this dream of yours.. who is paying the overhead and operating costs of offering up all these free and cheap services?