Boy Am I happy to get back on the road

Angil82

Seasoned Expediter
After reading the post on the happy to be home. I decided that I was going to write one about happy to be going back on the road.

Living in a sleeper, is heaven to me.

I love my Queen size bed, my flat screen tv, having my playstation, my lap top, my sink.

I don't have a toilet, but that is okay. That is one thing that I don't want, because I don't want to clean it. And, I don't want the lingering stank from it. So, Okay.

I love having my own little palace on wheels, that is all mine. I can decorate it, make it beautiful, and just love life.

The great thing is, if you are at work, and there is a bad snow storm, you don't have to sleep with your co workers, in the sporting goods department. You just crawl back into the sleeper, make some hot cocoa, and talk on the cb with your co workers, who are in their sleeper too.

There is no quicker way to get from home to work, and vice versa. It is a beautiful thing.

That is just how I feel.

Angil82

Seasoned Expediter
I never exactly went to work in my underwear. I always had a fear, just my luck, of finding that first open scale house, in my underwear. Where, every other time, there is no problem, and this time, there is. Many people have the speaking in front of people naked nightmare. I have the rolling through the scale house in my undies nightmare. Then what would I say? Be right there, officer, just need to throw some clothes on, and brush my hair, and stuff.

They would probably get me for a log book violation. Thinking they weren't done. But really, I was only in my underwear.

But, yeah, I might try that some time.. No no, I can't It is my fear.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I love going on the road too. I'm stuck at home right now, because I hired to many drivers. So now I get to sit at home doing the honey-do-list. when I leave to go on the raod I call it my vacation time. :)

Angil82

Seasoned Expediter
Mmmmm. Monroe, Michigan. They have the best Pizza Flips there. A place called Tiffany's. That and their cheese bread, which is actually a small tiny pizza with no sauce loaded with cheese and garlic. Oh my Heavens. ON THE ROAD AGAIN...

I can't wait to get on the roadddddddd again.....

Whew.. Sorry. Had a moment there.

Angil82

Seasoned Expediter
Lawrence : Don't confuse me. I am a truck driver. I know nothing more than a cb, a log book, and a steering wheel. The gas pedal, and only when necessary, the brake...

Hahahah.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Try the Michigan Bar and Grill on Monroe Street in Monroe. Big lot in the back, could hold a couple of straight trucks or take a cab from the Pilot or TA at exit 15. Great food!! Large portions!! You can even get WALLEYE!!!! They even serve all kinds of "Adult Beverages" if you happen to be off for a couple of days. Good fishing around here most of the year,
both hard and soft water. Layoutshooter

Angil82

Seasoned Expediter
I dropped a load in Northern Michigan, and stopped by a mcdonalds. Anyway, moral of the story. They had advertisements of mushroom hunting. Now, I know that mushroom hunting is big in Ohio, which is were my fiance is from. I, on the other hand, have never done this, because he doesn't eat mushrooms, because they are a fungus. But, I love mushroom pizza, and what not. I want to mushroom hunt so bad. But, I don't think he will go with me, because it is a fungus, and it is gross. So, I heard it was big in Northern Michigan. It is a weekend retreat, they provide a cabin, and an atv, and the whole nine yards, and its only like $200 a person for the entire weekend, and all the shabang is included..

Sounds fun. I'm an earthy girl. I mean, I milked cows for a living when I was young. Well, I'm still young, but younger-ish.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Morels are WONDERFUL!!!!! Nothin' better. I can find them around here but I will NEVER tell where, it is a secret!!!! I know of a few people who, when selling thier homes, put the fact that there were morals on the property to attract buyers. It is a REALLY big thing in Michigan. Look up around Mesick in late April or early May depending on the weather. People come from all over the country, many camp for a week or two. Dried morals sell for as high as $60 per pound in years when they are scarce. MMMM Moral soup, omlettes etc. Morels and walleye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And cold beer .................................... Layoutshooter

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Like yourself i cannot wait to be rolling down the highway yet again once i set foot back on usa soil with cb in hand and steering wheel in the other yet the wombat is about to unlease the roo,s and kiss australia goodbye forever yet the thought of hitting the roads back in the good ole usa will be like man i am back and never to see another pot hole or un made road ever again and a thousand blowflys as my co driver in the aussie outback .yep i know how youy feel to be back on the road again .
By the merry christmas & happy new year to all
wombat

Angil82

Seasoned Expediter
Okay. So, I need some good advice. Out of all the expedite companies, who is moving the most right now? I know everyone is slow. But, I'm nervous about this. We don't go to canada, and we aren't hazmat. So, if you are a team, what are you pulling in for miles, and what company?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Look up Mesick, MI on the internet. They have a BIG moral festival every year. They have classes in mushroom hunting and all kinds of things. NO ONE EVER gives away the locations of thier moral areas. We would die first!!! Shoot, if I go out of this business for some reason I will get a beagle, train it to find morals, and hunt them for a living. Let's see, I might make more money, lower over head, lose wieght, get healthy, and be outside. MMMMMM, might have to look into this more. Layoutshooter

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
What size and make sleeper do you have to be able to fit a queen size bed? We have 170" total in ours and only have a large full sized bed. I guess if I had been willing to give up my built in office I could have had a bigger bed. No, I like my office.

In the eight years that we have had an on-board potti cleaning and odor control has never been a problem. Dumping the holding tank is a five minute chore at the Flying J, rest area w/dump, or just swinging into a local campground to use their dump. If you've not had one you're really missing out on that final luxury, security, and dignity.

I'm probably gonna step on some toes: To have to pee in a bottle or jug only to throw it in a trash barrel or leave it in the truck stop lot is sub-human and just plain rude in my opinion. For a woman to have to walk in alone late at night to a rest area or truck stop restroom is dangerous. My wife was a cop eleven years and I would not let her walk in alone now that she is un-armed. She is the reason we got our first on-board toilet. I've have friends that drive that have been robbed in broad daylight at "busy" rest areas!

I think for your own safety it would well be worth the effort. I'm glad you're happy to be back on the road, so are we. Lets all try to be as safe as we can out here, especially the females, both solo and team.

Oh, and nothing beats that "earthy" odor when one is dumping ones holding tank at the RV dump, and you can meet some real interesting people there to! LOL

Last edited:

Angil82

Seasoned Expediter
Well, here we go. Yes, I am a female. But, I have never had an issue. I have seen people get robbed, in California, but not me. For some reason, no one bothers me.

I have a very nice bladder. He treats me well. No concerns about peeing into bottles, or jugs. I don't do that. We usually make our morning trips to the restrooms together, and when we stop to get something to eat.

Other than that, my only trip outside by myself is with my doggy. Who happens to intimidate most people, even though, he wouldn't hurt a flea.

Not that I'm not cautious, and worry about my surroundings. But, growing up the way I did.. military dad, and the whole nine, he instilled it in to me, to be cautious, and I know how to defend myself, and just avoid the situation.

But, my fiance, is just like you. He had a dream one night that we were at a truck stop, with a whole bunch of friends, that don't even drive truck. But, something happened to me in the end of this dream.

Ever since that, I wasn't even allowed to polish the rims without him there to protect me. Hehe

I just don't like the hassle of a toilet, and would rather not have one. I'd rather pee at a flying j or something.. eh, who knows.

Angil82

Seasoned Expediter
Okay layout.. I got it. Humungaii fungaii? whew! They are taking this stuff to an extreme. I LIKE IT. lol. I never thought that I would be hunting mushrooms. I mean, seriously.. I'm from Connecticut. We hunt deer, and boar, but mushrooms? What in the world? Is this a job for the bow or a 12 gauge? It just sounds weird, but fun. So, I might have to do it.... I guess.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
LOL, You should be able to find morals there as well. They grow in most states on the East Coast. I don't know how far west they extend. I know of people that "travel" the Moral circiut every year. They head down south when the morals come out and follow the "hatch" north till it is over. Layoutshooter