Border Patrol checkpoint

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
You still have constitutional rights as a trucker. Border patrol asking you stupid questions it's your right not to answer. We don't have to tell border patrol agents who we are or what we're doing. It's none of their business period. The way I see it they are not doing their jobs at these checkpoints in the interior. They should be on the border. Of course they answer to superiors who answer to politicals who set policies. But that doesn't mean I feel sorry for them or obliged to answer any questions they ask.

SC has given the interior checkpoints way too much latitude. As a person, I'm willing to be arrested for fighting for my rights. But as a trucker, I have a job to do, and someone else's freight to move. IOW, I play the game. Doesn't mean I won't be a smartazz. :cool:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

There is my favorite Ben Franklin quote.... I wonder how many beers he had in him when he said what you quoted...

Maybe you should ask Thomas Jefferson, since it was his quote. ;)

NM... I thought that was the Tree of Liberty quote. I'm a dummy tonight. Time to turn in.

HHDLLC

Seasoned Expediter
You still have constitutional rights as a trucker. Border patrol asking you stupid questions it's your right not to answer. We don't have to tell border patrol agents who we are or what we're doing. It's none of their business period. The way I see it they are not doing their jobs at these checkpoints in the interior. They should be on the border. Of course they answer to superiors who answer to politicals who set policies. But that doesn't mean I feel sorry for them or obliged to answer any questions they ask.

BP (Big Pickles) are some of the dumbest people to walk the face of the earth. Always ask them the first question. Then ask them another. It throws them for a loop and the only thing you'll get back is have a nice day. Don't believe me, give it a try. When you pull up hit them with "It sure is a nice day, isn't it?" and follow it with "Keeping you busy?" You will get "Have a nice day"

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
All rite, I will admit defeat by the law bookers. Just keep in mind they can and will detain or find a way to search or make your life miserable and unless you are willing to invest a lot of your time and effort to get a remedy for something that is a simple process then do it your way.

That's the way everyone is being conditioned to react. Which is really the whole point of why these checkpoints exist in the interior. If you just bowl over and comply you're waiving your rights. Watch videos of people resisting. Pretty much as a matter of routine they get waived on thru because they are a headache. Most of them just keep repeating "am I being detained? am I free to go?" over and over.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I have to be the only driver being question about using marywanta going to nogàlas and when I said I'm subject to drug testing just like you they said have a nice day but on the radiation question I had that on us54 coming out of el paseo a few weeks back

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmmmm....... There was a movie a few years back. "Repo Man" I think but not absolutely sure. That car would be pulled over by ANY cop looking for radioactive material-- it glowed so bright it could be seen from space..

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
All rite, I will admit defeat by the law bookers. Just keep in mind they can and will detain or find a way to search or make your life miserable and unless you are willing to invest a lot of your time and effort to get a remedy for something that is a simple process then do it your way.

Exactly. It's such a tiny, inconsequential thing, easier to give them what they want, than suffer the hassle of insisting on your rights.
But as Rollincoal notes, we get 'conditioned' to submit, and that should worry us.

divadriver01

Expert Expediter
We don't give anyone a hard time.. They do an important job.. wish their were more on the border.. just seemed like an out of the ordinary question.. No smoke detector in the truck..

One time we were carrying diaper filler and it came up radio active. Also, could have been on the pallets.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
I had one BP ask me why I poured bleach on my back bummer....I said wtf do you mean bleach the van just got washed at the truckstop in Laredo and I was loaded headed back north.