Retired Expediter
We have better coffee

LMAO....darned straight...:p

This American agrees. :D

timsplash_left.jpg

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't live near a swamp. I liver near a marsh. I make my coffee with either Lake Erie or marsh water, nunthin better! Tim Horton was a good hockey player who did not know squat about coffee. :D

marsh, swamp..whatever....LOL

I came in from where 223 ends at 23 into the back door of Munroe when ya had all that rain...a lot of flooding down that way....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
marsh, swamp..whatever....LOL

I came in from where 223 ends at 23 into the back door of Munroe when ya had all that rain...a lot of flooding down that way....

Dundee got cut in half by the River Raisin. M50 is still closed east of the river. Monroe is not as bad.

By the way there is a HUGE difference between a marsh and a swamp. Dang gum rookies!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We could even invite some Border Crossing guys.

There, back on topic. :p

Monty

Expert Expediter
Once I went into Canada, for some reason the officer wanted an additional form of ID other than my passport. I handed him my CCW permit. He asked if I was carrying a gun, I responded, "No sir, but that is a valid picture ID."

When he asked why I had such a permit, I told him, "I'm American, we are allowed to have them."

End of conversation ... he handed me the card and passport back.

Sometimes I believe folks make things harder on themselves than need be .... it's all about attitude.

And, btw, my passport has never been stamped when entering Canada ....

60MPH

Expert Expediter
Sometimes I believe folks make things harder on themselves than need be .... it's all about attitude.

Hit the nail on the head with that one!!

I cross weekly and the CBSA agents are really not that bad. You gotta remember they are protecting there country, just like the CBP agents are protecting ours.

I guess when you cross often it makes it easier, I usually cross with only 2 or 3 questions at most on my way into Canada.

Here's how I do it:

Say 1 PARS (hand agent passport card and fast card and pro forma invoice, that's it). No hello, how are ya. NO SMALL TALK!
State I am a U.S. Citizen
Declare tobacco (1 pouch chew, 10 cigars) (customs law no more than 20 cigars)
say nothing else to declare

Agent: where ya going
Me: I only give them the city and providence on the invoice, no where else
Agent: what do you have
Me: tell them only what is on the invoice, i.e. Transmissions, etc.
Agent: how long in Canada
Me: give real answer

wait for custom stamp.............

get handed I.D. and stamped invoice, window shut in face :rolleyes:

Drive away

This is 9 out of 10 border crossings for me. Every once in awhile they want to do a inspection. Inspections usually are random and if you are hauling for a first time importer, or you can cause them to inspect you, by your body language.

This is only for inbound to Canada, Heading into the U.S. all bets are off they usually do something different every time. Worst border crossing for me personally is Champlain, NY. when I am empty, when loaded they are not so bad.

dancorn

Veteran Expediter
Once I went into Canada, for some reason the officer wanted an additional form of ID other than my passport. I handed him my CCW permit. He asked if I was carrying a gun, I responded, "No sir, but that is a valid picture ID."

When he asked why I had such a permit, I told him, "I'm American, we are allowed to have them."

End of conversation ... he handed me the card and passport back.

And, btw, my passport has never been stamped when entering Canada ....

In a previous life I made several trips to Europe on that same passport and up until last week it was a virgin in so far as stamps go. Strange!