Blown fuse on e350 05 but where is it????

chipoo82

Seasoned Expediter
I have a 2005 e350 van. It has dual cigarette lighter plugs. The one on the top has blowed. I can not find the fuse! The 26 slot is for the bottom plug. Have checked the manual but it does not show anything. This is a diesel if that makes any difference? Please post or email if you can help! chi poo 82 @gmail.com

Thanks

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
I have a 2005 e350 van. It has dual cigarette lighter plugs. The one on the top has blowed. I can not find the fuse! The 26 slot is for the bottom plug. Have checked the manual but it does not show anything. This is a diesel if that makes any difference? Please post or email if you can help! chi poo 82 @gmail.com

Thanks

Check the lighter plugs and see if it has only one hot wire going to the bottom plug, And then check the back of the lighter plugs to check if the top plug has a wire or strap connecting the top plug to the bottom, if the top wire or (copper?) strap is burnt then that's your problem. Ya might be able to fix them without getting another set. Just my guess:D

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Pop the hood. On the drivers side up close by the Grill is another large black fuse box. It may be in there.;).
P.S. it can\may be a pain to open.

guido4475

Not a Member
Nope. the fuse is under the dash, left side, by youre feet.Both of those cig lighter plugs are joined together, or share the same power source, or at least mine did, being an 03.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
The top outlet is a power point, not a lighter outlet. There are two fuses for power points, one is for the front or instrument panel and the other is for the point behind the second seat or front seat for the cargo van.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
If the fuses are good then you need to change the cigarette lighter (power point) itself, they do go bad but are easy to change.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Both greg and paul are correct. The top is a power point and I have had to replace the power point twice now in my 07.