big question

greg334

Veteran Expediter
When you write a post with a post form there is a box next to the word

Attachment:

Under that box, there is this - click here to choose your file

Click on that line and another box will pop up.

From there you browse for the file, add the file but make sure you know what the file extension is, jpg or gif file and make sure you click on the button that is for that file extenension.

then click on upload file.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>now how do i put in actual picture in the message like
>everbody else

That was what it was supposed to do.

Here we will try again.

When you write a post with a post form there is a box next to the word

Attachment:

Under that box, there is this - click here to choose your file

Click on that line and another box will pop up.

From there you browse for the file, open the file

Here is the problem that mess people up,
Make sure you know what the file extension is, jpg or gif file and make sure you click on the button that is for that file extenension.

Then click on upload file.

I attached two pictures, the second is where you select the type of file.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Thanks, but I threw it together while my cat was trying use the laptop to type a letter to Fidel Castro. What a fight!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
She has been sending letters to him to keep Micheal Moore in Cuba to prevent him from filming an expose on cat food industry using unsafe dolphin tuna.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
bambam.. you have to pick the file extention.. either .jpg or .gif... .html doesn't work for some reason. Also, make sure the pic is not larger than about 250-300 k, or they don't want to load.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

"The present is what slips by us while we're pondering the past and worrying about the future."

- Ziggy

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Bam Bam if your photo files "are" too large you can go to this link and download a free program called pix resizer...
http://www.vodahost.com/pix.htm
Use it to find file you want to upload then you should be able to click on reduce file to 33% and make it easy to upload then follow directions above.
If you have any problems with it shoot me a pm and i will walk you through it.
Mike
These are 2 I shot a week ago and used pic resizer to adjust.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
WOW! Mike, great color saturation, and very nice close up! What kind of camera do you use? I play around with some digital photography myself, but have trouble getting close ups like that, even on macro!

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

"The present is what slips by us while we're pondering the past and worrying about the future."

- Ziggy

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Hey Dreamer,
Canon XT and an XTI 400D the Tulips used a 2x teleconverter and a %0mm macro lens for these shots, I find that my hands aren't as steady as they used to be so I will be upgrading to a 100mm Macro when I get the chance.
Look at this link and you will see what I am talking about, the Black widow was shot with the same setup but was too fast for a good macro.
http://picasaweb.google.com/jeptransport
There are some other Flora shots but mostly with a 28-135mm US-IS lens.
Mike

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Mike,

Great photos, I like the Vegas ones... very professional look. I suddenly feel even MORE amatuerish (is that a word? LOL). I definately am going to have to upgrade.

Thanks for the camera info.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

- Ziggy

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
I find that my hands
>aren't as steady as they used to be so I will be upgrading
>to a 100mm Macro when I get the chance.
>Mike

in stead of a lens just add a tripod. i have a cullman that the father in law gave me. the canon 2s-is sure works better without my 'shakey hands' being support, zoom, function changer, and composer. now i can do three things well and still have the same shot in color b&w, sepia, lighter, darker and it is the exact s-a-m-e shot not something close as has been the case before. besides every one shots pictures but people stop to look when the tripod comes out 'hey, looka that guy over there taking pic-churs. lets get out pic-chur taken'. cars stop. people stop. all of a sudden you are lookin like a guy making money in photography instead of a "truck driver".;-) now those low light photos come out great with no camera shake and yes the 2s-is has image stabilizer. like toby says "i'm not as good as i once was but i'm as good once as i ever was"

Jack Berry