Big Black Bird

sixwheeler

Expert Expediter
Today it was raining in Knoxville and right there coming north on 75 right after it splits off from 640 a big black bird came out of nowhere and hit my windshield...hard. it was the damndest thing, I saw him coming at me, and wondered when he was going to turn away...and fly another day. He didnt and has moved on.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
>I saw him coming at me, and wondered
>when he was going to turn away...and fly another day.

Never more, never more.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Lmao
Has happened to us (me) more than I want to admit...
The poof of feathers is the real kicker:)
We have a big hole in our grill from Cyn nailing a biggee she claims Owl.

sixwheeler

Expert Expediter
Dreams I`ll Never See

Just one more morning I had to wake up with the blues.
Pulled myself out of bed, put on my walking shoes.
Went up on the mountain to see what I could see.
The whole world was falling right down in front of me.

'Cause I'm hung up on my dreams I'll never see.
Yeah babe, oh help me babe.
Or this will surely be the end of me, yeah.

Pull myself together, put on a new face,
Climb down off the hilltop baby,
And get back in the race.

'Cause I'm hung up on dreams I'll never see,
Yeah babe, oh help me babe,
Or this will surely be the end of me, yeah.
Dreams I`ll Never See

molly hatchet

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I've never hit a bird (yet) - but I nearly ran over this rooster, who was strutting under my truck at the Farmland (really!) rest area in Illinois, I think. I left before any of the bigger animals showed up, though.

davebeckym

Expert Expediter
Ever see the movie, "The Mothman Prophecies"? It's about a supposedly true event in the town of Point Pleasant, WV. It's a large moth like flying creature that predicts a death, according to the residents.

When you are on the Ohio side of the Ohio River, across the river from Point Pleasant, there is a sign that says "Watch for low flying aircraft"!

It was a bird, right?

vandriver101

Seasoned Expediter
Last year around this time on the 101 in canada.I had a white goose try to land on my van while I was doing 65.It pretty much put its legs out on my windsheild and skidded right off like a ramp and it propelled the goose a good 100 ft above my van,I seen it in my mirrors and it looked like it was a freestyle skateboarder!!!Luckly no damage just freaked me out and the bird?(probly does it on the weekends)LOL

O/O B unit Panther #11514 Since 03/06

whitey1

Seasoned Expediter
Ah, Sixwheeler, I have never heard the Molley Hatchet version of Dreams, but I sure do like the original performed by the Allmand Brothers.
Has anybody ever ducked in the cab because of an incoming bird?
Once in PA on a motorcycle I took a bird hit to the face while casually racing a Corvette through the mountains. Thank goodness for full-faced helmets. It was real messy though.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I had the wife with me and we were running down the blue grass parkway in kentucky. When out of no where here comes a bald eagle. I didn't hit it, but that's the closest I've ever been to one in real life. I asked my wife if she saw it and she look up her from her magazine and says did I see what? Then she got mad because I wouldn't show her. I know this is off subject but every time she would ride with me she would look at everything for the first 200 miles. You know everything she's seen before. Then when we get somewhere she hasn't been here comes the books and magazines.