Best weather app for expediting

piattteam

Active Expediter
May have been asked in prior post, if so, I missed it.
I am wondering if there is an app (for smart phone) that has good, accurate NATIONWIDE forecasts/maps?
Have found plenty of weather apps, but they all have "where you are" weather.
Would prefer one that has nationwide map, then pick an area if I like.
Thanks all!

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I have/use AccuWeather..It will Follow ya where ever you go if you allow the settings to do so.
To be honest with you I don't know if its a app or Widget or if there is a difference..I don't even remember how it got on my phone buts its there in one of the cicles..And thats all I can tell about these Smart phones..Sorry I'm still looking for the rotary dial.

Accuweather works for me..Dont know if there is anything better or not.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
I use Weatherbug. It's good. It does crash sometimes but that's probably due to my phone being 4 years and and runs an ancient version of android.

You asked specifically about nationwide maps. Weatherbug allows you to save cities (think bookmarks). So you could save KC and zoom out a few of times and see the whole country.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Wiper Weather: allows you to put in start & end points, get driving conditions along the route you intend to drive. Very helpful!

guido4475

Not a Member
I love the Weather Bug as well. very user-friendly, nice radar, nationwide as well as local area coverage that follows you while traveling with phone alerts on the top of youre home page screen. Alot better than Accuweather.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Another vote for weather channel and it has little videos to show ya also .time killer with a purpose.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I have just started using NOAA Weather. It is updated constantly which is nice. When we are in Colorado I like CDOT mobil.

Both are easy to look at on my I-Phone

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
I personally dispised the weather channel app. I like weatherbug. I save frequented cities, and points along common routes. For state specifics, I use their apps, and alerts. Wy, CO, NM.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Another vote for raindar and the weatherbug app, both very nice. I'm not using the weatherbug app as much anymore, I'm now using 1weather you can put in cities along your route and see the temp at a glance, and if there is any other severe weather.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After reading this thread I downloaded the WeatherBug app which I already use on my laptop, but hadn't thought of getting something for my phone. I really like it. It's fast and gives me just what I want :)