Best Expediting truck every Built

G

I want to share a picture of the best truck I think that was every Built. This truck was Bulit by Glen Rice.

Drive safe

Dave Mayfield
FEDExCC/Roberts Express O/O Since 3/1/1995
C1847,C2045,D3397,D5047

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Best for what? Would be my question. If a person would wreck one of these, can you imagine the bath you'd take from the insurance companys, if, you didn't have some of that high dollar "gap" insurance. Not trying to rain on anyones parade, just a reality check.

Italiangrl

Expert Expediter
I understand what your saying Larry, but I think Dave was just referring to that it was a really decked out truck. We all know the potential downfalls of accidents and what it can cost us especially with a truck like that one.
Take Care.
Trish
Fleet Owner FedEx CC
D6189/CR3088/C6446:)

panther_art

Expert Expediter
Nice Truck Glen, can't wait to see it at a truck stop (you are putting it on the road I hope)

I would like to say one thing about EO lately why is there so much negative about what others have.

I been reading post about Daves Truck and all the negative articles of what he has in his truck.

Some people put thousands of dollors in to landscaping there yards,
Some put thousands in to their homes for stuff that they don't need.
People put thousands in to entertainment systems that they don't need but they like it so they put their money where their heart is.

Do you go around to your friends and neighbors asking them why do they spend their money on this stuff or what good it is why it is the best.

Maybe Glen wants to be proud of his ride and I am sure he thought about the insureance long before he build this truck.

Can't we just be happy when one of our follow owners have something nice.

Maybe I should not have written this, but I had to

Panther Art

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Wow!

Great design concepts.

I look forward to seeing it on the road.

At this present time I am not in a position to afford myself such luxury, but when I am, insurance will not be a consideration.

Like a wise old sage once said, "If you have to ask the price...you can't afford to buy it."

Thank you Mr. Mayfield for posting the picture. It just makes me want to work harder to fulfill the American Dream!

Italiangrl

Expert Expediter
Sorry but that truck was lost in an accident a few year back. Dave thought that truck was great.

Take Care,

Trish
Fleet Owner FedEx CC
D6189/CR3088/C6446
And Dave's REAL boss. LOL

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Unfortunately that truck was in a serious accident on the florida turnpike about 3 years ago. a young college student along with several others were driving south. They came across the median and did a head on into Glens truck whic as luck would have it was hauling A/E at the time. I believe the female driver of the car was killed and Glen and his wife suffered injuries but were able to get out before it burned to the ground.Glen has not been back to expediting since and you certainly can't blame him.

KYoung

Expert Expediter
I Like it!!! Is that a 14 foot sleeper? He must run specialized freight and spends time waiting in safe havens waiting to be unloaded. The first thing I can see that I don't like is the low ceiling on the cab I'd prefer a stand up cab. The other thing is it's not mine, truck envy!

dieselphreak2K

Expert Expediter
Man, I love that paintjob! Definitly one of the most beautiful rides built. As for me though, maybe it's my young age or something, but I don't find that truck to be anything i'd be interested in purchasing. Right now, I have a team in a 72" sleeper and we are just fine. And I'll have been out 8 weeks on this tour of duty. I look at a truck as hauling freight first, aand being an RV second. I can't justify having as much sleeper as cargo area. The next truck for us might be a 22' box and 96" sleeper, but skids wise, it makes no sense. Having 24 feet or cargo room has gotten me a few nice loads that I would have lost out on if i had a 22'. Don't get me wrong, that ride is great, and I love ATeam's new wheels, but aren't we here to haul cargo in the first place?

dieselphreak2K

Expert Expediter
Well, we d/h to El Paso, got offered a seven mile run, and had to take as not to go to the bottom of the board. We since made it to Laredo with another 700 paid miles, but have been sitting first out for 24 hours, so not out of the black hole yet.

lisalewis

Seasoned Expediter
Hey we are in Laredo! About 24 hours here too...sitting at Pilot. Wanna go to the Flying J for coffee??

ha ha ha ha

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Maybe I am getting old but can someone explain how a thread that was discussing a one of a kind expedite truck turns into "I am sitting in Laredo" post.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I started it rich, sorry. But I gotta admit that reading about a truck that has a 14 ft sleeper and a 12 ft cargo area kinda bores me.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I know it isn't to everyone's liking but that is/was the most beautiful expediting truck I've ever seen. It's definitely not the most practical but I've never seen one that could match it for outright good looks.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>I gotta admit that reading
>about a truck that has a 14 ft sleeper and a 12 ft cargo
>area kinda bores me.

Ditto.... yea.... what he said.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
if your going to go on the road you might as well be comful,
after them i had next bigest c unit western star with a 16' box and a big sleeper we both made money with our trucks
and a couple of times got to stop in and have coffee with them and it was great truck one of show case truck