Best Concert you have ever been two OK top three

unorthodoxneon

Expert Expediter
RE: Best Concert you have ever been two OK top thr

Lets see here. I've been to soo many concerts. But the best show would have to be the Black Sabbath/Pantera at the Palace. That being the best show as my top two favorite bands are Sabbath and Pantera. Also seen Kiss with Ted Nugent that was a pretty good concert and show. Mindless Self Indulgence puts on a very good stage show. This years Ozzfest was pretty f'in awsome. The loudest show i went to was Judas Priest with the Ripper on vocals, we were about 6 feet from the speakers, my ears rang for the following 3 days. There is a few shows comming up in detroit that i would love to catch. But i havent really been to a show i didnt like but i highly judge a band by their live performance.

The farthest i've driven for a concert? Los Angeles, CA to Charlotte, NC this year to see ozzfest.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management

Moot;

I knew, somewhere deep inside you, was lurking a Zombie Woof. I also heard that you keep a pigmy pony by your dental floss bush. Remember, I'm just the slime oozin' out of your TV set. Dinah Moe Humm was bunzupkneeling and started into squeelin'! Did the $40 bill matter anymore when ......

God bless Frank Zappa - saw him myself way back in the late 70's at Centennial Hall - University of Toledo.

Later,
HotFr8Recruiter

JeffJensen

Moderator Emeritus

I'm trying to remember the best concerts through the fog of time and "other" conditions.

The best would have to include:

The Mothers of Invention w/Flo and Eddie - '71

ELP - '71

The Band - '71

Jethro Tull - '73

Deep Purple - '73

Now here's a bill - Earth, Wind and Fire, ZZ Top and Uriah Heep (headliners) - '74 - Indianapolis
EWF was unknown but the best of the night.

Biggest disappointments
Mahavishnu Orchestra - '73
Sold out, could not get a ticket

Led Zeppelin - '73
Plant acted as though he was upset and didn't want to be there. He never once used his high range, he would repeatedly drop down an octave to cover the part. Maybe he was sick that night, don't know, but a disappointment nonetheless.

The '71-'73 concerts were at several venues in Munich. I was there courtesy of Uncle Sam.

I'm envious of those of you who were able to catch Hendrix, Vanilla Fudge and others during their early days.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management

Jeff;

You're giving you age away.

Great bands, am envious of some that you saw.

Hope all is well.

HotFr8Recruiter
John Mueller

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Me too, (envious), but I did get to see Mahavishnu Orchestra, and even sat in the front row, at The Front Row, lol. Three amazing guitarists, no doubt!
The thing about really good concerts, though, is that they were often like the old saw about the sixties: if you can remember them, you weren't really there, lol.
BTW, Jeff, is ELF a typo? Did you mean ELO, or is there an ELF I'm not remembering? Among many other things...;)

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

I forgot to mention that back in the mid 70's I worked for Siemens in Stockholm Sweden. I caught Abba at a freebie given by the city.

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

I have had the pleasure of seeing many of the great bands
mentioned by all of you in this post.
DaveC I saw flyod in clev as well,
go Tribe.
as well as the fab four.
but of late my favorite was going to see the
Trans siberian Orchestra
They really made sit in awe at times.
Dave
D6847
FCC WG

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Johnny and June Carter Cash. Somethme in the 70`s. Ohio Stat Fair.

greg334

Veteran Expediter

OK this is from an EO reader, not a member;

The best concert that I have seen is my daughter's concert.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

>Johnny and June Carter Cash. Somethme in the 70`s. Ohio Stat
>Fair.
For Carol it was Billy Ray Cyrus.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter

Paul Butterfield Blues Band - Cincinnati Zoo 68

John Mayall with Mick Taylor - Vine Street Club Cincinnati that seated about 250 people 68

Jethro Tull & Mountain - On a flat bed trailer at Ohio Wesleyan University stadium in Delaware, OH 69

Atlantic City Pop Festival - Mothers of Invention - Jefferson Airplane - Buddy Miles - Canned Heat - Creedence Clearwater Revival -Janis Joplin - Santana - Johnny Winters - Procol Harum - etc 69

Mothers of Invention - University of Dayton Fieldhouse 69 - Got there early and the bus pulled up. Frank asked if I could help him carry in some equipment. Yeah! Got to hang out with the band while they set up.

prescat

Expert Expediter

Diamond Rio, 1997, super fan-friendly, great real musicians, they ended with a tribute to the Doobie Brothers, Beach Boys, Beatles, and more and it was great.

Brooks and Dunn- When you see them, every song on a two hour show was a hit..incredible

Prince- A girlfriend dragged me, and I walked away a big fan. Weird, but he plays the guitar better than Hendrix, the piano as good as Billy or Elton. about 8 other instruments, and he puts on a great show.

Sorry here's number four- (and I confess to being from New Jersey). I saw Springsteen in Philly 79/80ish and I walked in not a fan. He put on a 4 hour show,(no opening act) sweating and playing his "blank" off, 4 encores, and the E-Street band was awesome. They were having a ball jamming and so were we, (the audience). He has true talent.