Barrett Directline

G

GatorBait

Does anyone know anything about Barrett DirectLine Expedited Services out of Bentonville Arkansas? THX

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Never worked for them but spoke with several of their drivers. None had anything bad to say and talked well of the company.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was up in their neck of the woods last week. Almost went over to see what they had to offer. Maybe next time. But, then I remember seeing a CV in toledo on Monday, (been there since Friday) Two days later, after making two more runs, he was still there......

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was up in their neck of the woods last week. Almost went over to see what they had to offer. Maybe next time. But, then I remember seeing a CV in toledo on Monday, (been there since Friday) Two days later, after making two more runs, he was still there......

Yeah and when he does move he MIGHT make more then we do overall....less miles, same money...
cuzz you know E-1 is pushing the amount of miles that have increased....so work more, to make less.
You know it , I know it....

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Oooo!! Beginning to sink in about some of the Ma & Pa's/No Name types. Eh???

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Steve Barrett and his team are a pretty good group. We have always had a very positive business relationship with them and they are well regarded. I have never heard anyone say anything bad about them.

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
spoke to 2 drivers just the other day in nashville had only good to say about company and they have with them more than 2 yrs.:cool:

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Steve Barrett and his team are a pretty good group. We have always had a very positive business relationship with them and they are well regarded. I have never heard anyone say anything bad about them.

That's been my experience. Plus, it's fun to mess with Steve when the Razorbacks lose and he's good natured enough not to get too irritated about it.

TheGoodPrice

Active Expediter
I have run for one of the "Big Name Companies" and now I run for a smaller company. There is something that the smaller companies have that the Bigger ones should work on. I get more consistant miles every week. I consistanily get at least 2600 miles as a single and home really regular. My pay is also very competitive for the Market even better than some of the Big Dogs in this business. My Dead Head miles are minimal because we often run for many of the loads that all the giants either dont have trucks in the area or drivers turn them down. Just because a company is not a Big Company does not mean that they are not getting business. I met a couple drivers in Georgetown Ky recentily. They were very positive as well as proud of the company that they worked for. I will also state that they were very clean(well groomed) and well spoken business like folks. The trucks were very clean. That tells me that they are very picky about who they hire. I would listen to what they have to say, and I would talk to some of the drivers at the truck stops. I would ask for reference from current drivers. I would ask for a driver under 6 months and a long term driver. If you ask the right questions they will tell you what you want to know. I am thinking however, there is a very small percentage of "Bad" companies out here. They just might not be a match for a person. I wouldn't let someone that either has very little knowledge or does not have the same criteria for good company be the judge. Hope that helps, and as always just my opinion but you know the ol saying about opinions........

Thanks,

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I spoke with 2 of their drivers in El Paso last week, neither had anything bad to say..but like everyone else, they said it was slow right now....

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had spoken with one of their drivers a couple months ago and he was in a sprinter and lived up in the U P in Mi. He said he got home regularly and they hauled 60 % Walmart stuff out of Walmart distribution places to supercenters. The rest of time expeditite loads. He said they would only take on sprinters.
Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I also heard they would only take sprinters, not even cubes...and if you look around, thats all you see, that and a ST every now and then...and yea i heard they haul alot of Wal-Mart "stuff"...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
May be worth a look to see what that Wal-mart arrangement is. We won't take a load into a distribution center because they take forever to load or unload a shipment. One likely would get detention but there are better alternatives unless they have really improved.

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
How much does Barrett pay per loaded mile, and do they charge the customer a fuel surcharge? I also wonder if they charge a hazmat charge, inside delivery charge, toll assistance, and an nay deadhead pay to pick up a load afetr certain distance for the current truck location while off duty.. A;; these charges is what Fedex Custom Critical charges.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How much does Barrett pay per loaded mile, and do they charge the customer a fuel surcharge? I also wonder if they charge a hazmat charge, inside delivery charge, toll assistance, and an nay deadhead pay to pick up a load afetr certain distance for the current truck location while off duty.. A;; these charges is what Fedex Custom Critical charges.
I don’t know. Why don’t you give them a call and find out and let us all know.