Barney Frank to retire

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Heres the guy who said he wanted to roll the dice on this subprime mortgage thing.He still claims he did not see the collapse of fannie and freddie.Good to see he says he is done.Now if only Nacy would do the same.

Barney Frank Announces He Will Retire At End Of Term | Fox News

I listened to it but couldn't understand a word he said. He always sounds like he has something in his mouth.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
I listened to it but couldn't understand a word he said. He always sounds like he has something in his mouth.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

After the night I had I need that thank you that was funny.True but funny.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
At least the man was honest...tell you how it is....a hard find these days....

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Saying that Barney was honest was REALLY funny! LOL!! I also heard that a total, so far, of 16 long time house members are not running again. The majority of those are democrats. Don't know if that was true. I have not had a chance to research that report.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Why is that funny??...he is tottaly honest about his sexuality .that means he his honest with himself..that says a lot..he's not toe tapping in the men's room.... And being the first openly gay member of congress..that took some gonads..of all those crooks in Washington ...yah I would say he pretty honest..I have always liked him...

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
Barny frank honest???????He cried racism when bush was pushing for new regulations onf fannie and freddie.That is when he said he wanted to roll the dice.He said in 10 that he was against the bush white house in their push for home ownership.He said he always belived that people should have been renting and that is what he pushed for.Yet you see in the video not so honest was he.He says he was one of the only ones fighting for reforms in banking all along.Yet he says he never seen the collapse coming.Why in the world would he fight for new regulations when he saw nothing wrong with the way the companys were running?

Franks saying nothing wrong at F&F starts around 454
Video: Democrats insist “nothing wrong” at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac in 2004 « Hot Air

Breitbart.tv » Barney Frank Caught Lying About His Record on Home Ownership

All anyone has to do is research and they see that Franks fought every attempt to put new regulations in place.Yet now if you listen to him he was the only one pushing to reform them.Yeah thats honest for you.

Think I read 11 of them to retire are democrats.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Would you say the same if he was the first self-confessed hit man in congress, or the first admitted child molester or dope dealer? That he is open about his perversion doesn't improve it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why is that funny??...he is tottaly honest about his sexuality .that means he his honest with himself..that says a lot..he's not toe tapping in the men's room.... And being the first openly gay member of congress..that took some gonads..of all those crooks in Washington ...yah I would say he pretty honest..I have always liked him...

Barney was not the first "openly gay" person in the House, Gary Studds was. He was elected in 1973. Frank was not elected until 1981.

Studds was from MA as is Frank. Admitting to being gay is not difficult in that State compared to many others.

Franks had a brothel being run out of his basement and he "claimed" he had no idea. Now, why do I find that hard to believe.

Studds liked to play with congressional pages. He still got reelected in MA.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I'm not sure honest is the category I would put him in. I am surprised the Occupiers haven't went after him. He basically ran freddie and fanny into the ground and continues to destroy it right up to today. Just like the banks, he is giving out huge bonuses and at the same time asking for more bailout money because they are in the red. Where's the Occupiers?
Oh yeah, selective protesting.:rolleyes:
Glad he is going. Not because he is gay, but did and continues to rip off the taxpayer.