Bagteria

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
I recently ran across this article at Snopes.com. I found it interesting hope you do too.

A study was performed on women's purses. A health team went to a local mall and took samples from the bottom of 50 women's purses. The purses were swabbed with cotton swabs along the entire bottom of the purses and placed into special containers. The swabs were then processed at a local laboratory.

The Health Report also showed where women place their purses: public rest-rooms (on the floor beside the toilet), kitchen counters & kitchen tables, on tables & chairs in restaurants, etc. The results of the laboratory tests contained the following most serious result: 1 out of 4 purses — E COLI

Other extremely serious bacteria also were listed, including Hepatitis.

They recommended that women should DAILY wipe their purses (particularly the bottom) with a disinfectant wipe and to be extremely careful where you sit your purse. Most important, do NOT place your purse on a table (anywhere) where you will eat or on a kitchen counter and do not put it anywhere close to a toilet.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
We once read an article that cautioned women not to hang their purse from the door hook in the restroom stall because thieves have been known to reach over the door top, grab the purse strap and run off while the woman is sitting helpless to pursue the thief.

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
I find the best place in on top of the tissue dispenser. If that's not possible we have a lap or a shoulder. If I know in advance there is no where for my purse I would politely ask Tod to hold it for me....!!!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
After reading this boy am I thankful I don't carry a purse. YUCK!! I have one of those really nice magic billfolds that has my drivers license, my FedEx Id and other various cards. We wear out FedEx cargo pants so there is a great pocket to hold this small wallet and I am always prepared if I have to show an id. So far this has worked great and I don't have to put anything on the floor.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My better half asked me to do that a few times. Of course some wise guy has to smart off about my purse so I just hit him with it.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just make sure you watch what you wear when you go out with the wife. You would'nt want the purse to clash with your outfit.:+

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
This is a scary thread

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
>This is a scary thread
>
>
>
>
>
>
You're not kidding!

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

[i]

Ability is what you're capable of doing...
Motivation determines what you do...
Attitude determines how well you do it. (Lou Holtz)
-------------------

[/i]

---------

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yep, it's scary, lol - before I quit carrying a purse, in favor of clothes with pockets, I used to carry a book in it, because, as Leo mentioned, it can double as a pretty nifty weapon! ;)

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
> Dreamer: Your icons are the coolest, lol :7

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

[i]

Ability is what you're capable of doing...
Motivation determines what you do...
Attitude determines how well you do it. (Lou Holtz)
-------------------

[/i]

---------

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Number one daughter tells the story of when she and her family were on vacation. They had to use a port a potty. She commented to her husband about the purse rack in the port a potty. Puzzled, he went in to see for himself. He came out laughing like crazy. He explained the "purse shelf" was the urinal. Hadn't she seen the hole in the bottom of the "shelf"? Well, that was an excuse to buy a new purse.

:+ :+