Bad News

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I took my Mom to the Hospital after she had a fall in the yard while working to pull some Kudzu off her house, she was found to have Fluid in her lungs, and after removing it, was told she had a Cancer....after more tests and a Pet Scan and Biopsy she was told she has Stage four Lung Cancer, Inoperable, Uncurable.....short time to go, maybe 6 months....

Freinds Ive heard bad news but that wasnt what we were prepared to hear...My Moms 90, lived a great life and shes not scared...But If I said I wasnt Id be lying...

Now were enrolling her in Hospice care, she wants to go at home, in her bed, and right now shes got some good days left.....I plan to do whatever I can to care of her and make those days the best....

I ask for your prayer, that youll hold us up to God, and ask for a Cure, a Healing...and may her last days be without suffering....Im braced for the worst....and Im staying home to take care of here as long as it takes.

My Mom faced the worst this Nation could throw at her Generation, The Greatest Generation, shes a brave woman and she inspires me to Live every day, we just dont have any guarantee how long anything will last....Thanks in Advance for your Prayers.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
May the Lord show her the easy path Home. Be sure to thank her for all she did to make you who you are.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm so sorry to hear about the news. My prayers are with you and your mom.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
She is in our prayers.
Lost my mother to brain cancer in her early 60's.
You can't ever be prepared for it.
It'll be hard on the family.
God Bless you all.

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
So sorry to hear about your Mother, you are in our prayers. If you chose the home care, there are many organization like Visiting Angles that are there to help out. Though this is a sad time, youve got to remember that the love you have for her will give you the strength youll need.

May God bless you and your family during this time.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You are right about the greatest generation. Good luck to you and your mom.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
sorry to hear this will add to our pray list

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Letting go is one of the hardest things we ever have to do, and you're doing it the best way you can. I hope the remaining time you have is blessed with peace and tranquility and love.

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
Letting go is one of the hardest things we ever have to do, and you're doing it the best way you can. I hope the remaining time you have is blessed with peace and tranquility and love.

Very well said. I must add that during this time the flood gate of emoations is the hardest part to deal with. We joked around about that it was like being bipoler on speed.

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
May God who comforts the afflicted give you comfort and peace

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Thanks Folks,
Trucking has always been more then a job to me, it was a dream I had when I was little, My Dad used to bring me the little cast trucks when he travelled, and we always counted trucks when we went on vacation...its my second family, I dont know many of you, never seen your faces but I know your kindred spirits ...well do what we can and I have two brothers, well love her and take care of her just as she did for us, Ill miss her but shell never leave me even in passing....Thanks folks...for the notes, messages it means allot.....

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Very well said. I must add that during this time the flood gate of emoations is the hardest part to deal with. We joked around about that it was like being bipoler on speed.

Thank you. You're right: it's like a roller coaster, up, down, upside down - it's like normal time doesn't apply, when you're grieving.
I almost added laughter to the original comment, but thought it might seem odd - but what seems odd to me is leaving such a wonderful part of life out of the end of it. I can't imagine celebrating life without including laughter, myself.
So, this: peace, tranquility, love, and laughter.