Baby On Board!?

A

Anomaly

We had to be certified for cleanups and spills as well as for carrying. That was what I meant by the multiple certs. If it has a separate MSDS, it has a different requirement for cleanup. You cannot just dump kitty litter on it when you spill, it actually has to be cleaned.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I'm getting another hazmat cert this morning. Actually, I may get several. I'm in Nashville near Rivergate Mall, and they have them on sale at the knot store there.

Still wondering if it is the knot reel store?

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
We had to be certified for cleanups and spills as well as for carrying. That was what I meant by the multiple certs. If it has a separate MSDS, it has a different requirement for cleanup. You cannot just dump kitty litter on it when you spill, it actually has to be cleaned.

You aren't talking about the baby, are you?!? I know they can be smelly, gooey, sticky, slimy, leaky, oozing creatures...but HazMat? Who knew? ;D

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
This is too funny. We have dime droppers that are genuine turds, mothers that have never given birth giving large advice, others that obviously don't realize that children can be trained to behave themselves, and all "advice" in between. Unfortuneatly, the one that has been there and done that has been very largely discounted. Frankly, i'm amazed (as I usually am) by all the knee jerk typing......tings must be slow, a few hunert reading and typing, and generally reading what they want to see. This may be a drive by, however, many of ya better be relieved you don't live int that proverbial glass house.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
You aren't talking about the baby, are you?!? I know they can be smelly, gooey, sticky, slimy, leaky, oozing creatures...but HazMat? Who knew? ;D

actually.. Human waste is a bio hazard... Not sure you need placards for it though ;)

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
This is too funny. We have dime droppers that are genuine turds, mothers that have never given birth giving large advice, others that obviously don't realize that children can be trained to behave themselves, and all "advice" in between. Unfortuneatly, the one that has been there and done that has been very largely discounted. Frankly, i'm amazed (as I usually am) by all the knee jerk typing......tings must be slow, a few hunert reading and typing, and generally reading what they want to see. This may be a drive by, however, many of ya better be relieved you don't live int that proverbial glass house.

I've been there. Done that. Not with a young kid, but with a 4 year old. 4-6 hours is all he'll put up with in the truck. I said that, and suggested another field. Hopefully I am not one of the ones your referring to as "knee jerk"

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

BAL554.pvw.jpg.....................

BeecherKen

Active Expediter

How can one be a mother if they have never given birth?

I have 3 kids, 16 year old twins and a 14 year old. I wouldnt ever dreamed of taking them on the road as infants because as posted its a worse than bad idea.

If this a fake thread its still good to talk about it because someone with the real idea of doing this might read it and decide not to. If we see vans with 3 dogs in them, it wouldnt surprise me to see a baby someday.

As for childless people giving advise: one doesnt have to have a toothache to know that would suck. Because they know about toothaches from other folks. Same thing here. I would bet these ladies have been around a baby or two in their days.

ggssdd

Seasoned Expediter
OH BOY...

In an attempt to clear at least one thing up, I'd like to let you know what I know about this poster.
Mark is an old school chum of mine. We were in marching band together! We lost touch for many years, but have been "friends" on Facebook for quite some time.
Up until last week MARK HAD NEVER HEARD OF EO. I suggested he read and read and read after he told me about he and his wife's interest in the industry. I told him that's what my husband and I did before even getting our CDLs. I gave him the URL.
He DOES live in the Phillipines.
His wife did, in fact, implore him to post about the possibility of taking a baby on the road. EVEN though he knew enough to know it wasn't the best idea.
Mark is NOT a liar. He has had such an interesting life and experiences, there is no need.
Yes, he likes to write.
And obviously, he hasn't read enough to know that some of you like drama, and that his post would turn into this. (although, I don't think he is offended much, maybe just confused?)
No, he didn't ask me to post anything in his defense. But after I heard he was banned for being someone else, I had to speak up.

Mary Deibler
(been reading EO for 4 years)

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, drama aside, it does raise a number of red flags when someone suggests the incredibly, deeply and so completely stupid idea of bringing an infant out here full time.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
My mother has never given birth. But shes a mother of two.

Good point. Some people tend to forget that adoptive mothers and step-moms (and I was a stepmom to 2 young children) are also "mothers". I was indeed around ALOT of babies, I had tons of exposure to infant nieces and nephews. Somebody on that side of the family was always pregnant.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You aren't talking about the baby, are you?!? I know they can be smelly, gooey, sticky, slimy, leaky, oozing creatures...but HazMat? Who knew?

As of January 1, 2012 all infants born and residing in the United States must display this placard.
Biohazard.jpg

BeecherKen

Active Expediter
My mother has never given birth. But shes a mother of two.

I am sorry, I didnt mean to hurt anybodies feelings. I was replying to another post where someone said "mothers who have never given birth". Women who adopt or marry a guy who has kids are just as much a mom as somebody who has given birth for sure.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
I am sorry, I didnt mean to hurt anybodies feelings. I was replying to another post where someone said "mothers who have never given birth". Women who adopt or marry a guy who has kids are just as much a mom as somebody who has given birth for sure.

No worries.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk