B unit FSC

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Chef, I know that already, you're unique in this odd van world.

The question came up at dinner, seeing I could not answer it because I have trucks, it would be nice to hear from others.

So to clarify it, does a company use 15 mpg for a van and 20 for a sprinter?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Greg wrote:

Chef, I know that already, you're unique in this odd van world.

:D

Ok so i called load planning and ask....they use the "National Avg" of the price of a gallon of Diesel and they figure 16 mpg for a B unit....this is according to the person i spoke with, not the gospel per "Chef Dennis".....:D

PS: the current load i am on the FSC works out to $.13 per mile....

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Thanks, I do appreciate it.

I would figure OVM would chime in somewhere but ... he is busy with another c unit load. :p

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I believe ours is national avg. based on 15mpg to $1.25 but could be mistaken on specifics. I know the current fsc is 12.67cpm for the week of 5/11-17 and that's on all miles not just loaded miles.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'll clarify that ours is on all miles to the shipper and all loaded miles. After POD you are given 2 choices of layover locations (usually, once in a great while both are the same location) and if you choose one of those 2 you get fsc for all miles to it as well. If you choose option 3 which is home or option 4 which is fill in the blank with the location of your choice then you get no fsc for those miles. We also get d/h after the first 50 miles if it's beyond 50.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks, I do appreciate it.

I would figure OVM would chime in somewhere but ... he is busy with another c unit load. :p

e-1 puts the vans and sprinters in the same category. fsc based on 15 mpg. currently 11 cents. was 12 last two weeks but fuel came down despite bp throwing it away in the gulf. sent ya a pm.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I figure ours is 1.30 divided by 15 mpg on the mid west average...2nd LOWEST average in the nation!!!

And E-1 rounds DOWN to the lowest round number..we get ripped for points..so we are not getting 100% of the FSC....

Last edited: