B i r !

moose

Veteran Expediter
Brainerd International Raceway .
& the ZOO !
coming up next Weekend .

I will be dropping my Wisconsin load on Mon. morning ,head home ,help loading the Trucks &Trolly's ,
and we will be camping in the Zoo this Tue. morning till next Sun night !
anyone in the area is welcome to stop by ,there's always room ,camping gears,good food & beer for 1st timers .

The NHRA national visit to the Minnesota race is one of America's best sporting events year round .
unlike any other race ,it is what happened before and after racing that makes this weekend so spacial .

WELCOME TO THE ZOO ,
we ,like always ,will be ready with a brand new rides this year .(my motorized sofa from 07 did not survived the subfreezing)
and we will have our long time trusted ATV's ,go carts ,scooters and yard dog to choose from .
this will be MY 5th visit to the Zoo after missing out for the last 2 years do to buying new trucks . no new truck this year - so lets go racing ! .
and i'm really looking forward to finely meeting my old friends from the Iron Range ,W.I ,and Canada ,we always camp together .

some good videos here :

YouTube - ‪BIR ZOO 2008‬‎

YouTube - ‪BIR ZOO 2007‬‎

and the website here :

NHRA Nationals Overview

it is going to be in the 90's ,which always makes for good racing and lots of fun on the stands .but what im really looking for ,is that never ending parade of handcrafts buggy's .some Minnesotans works for the whole winter preparing the new rides.

speed limits 350 MPH .
C'Yh'a.
Moose.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Had a great time in BIR ,
here is my 1st video upload ,more to come later on .

YouTube - BIR ZOO 2010

the Freightliner team made it all the way to the final .
too many story's to tell ,just ask .

Attachments

• 100_4757.jpg
    100_4757.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 36

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Got my fix of nitro at the Norwalk race this year,a great time at the drags for sure....but we have nothing like the famous zoo at Brainerd.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Countdown to B I R - ZOO.

coming up next week.

i will be there Wed. evening,
the yard dog motor did not survived the Zoo last year, and one stands up scooter was terminated while being drunk driven.(by me).
so this year we ONLY have 3 ATV's, and a street scooter, but i think we also have a pocket crush rocket.
we also got 2 new canopy's.

so, if anyone's up north in Minnesota, come on over for a weekends where Racing is just a lame excuses for Zoo'ing.
you can park your rig at the campsite, or tent out with the rest of us. personally, i tent, no need to take work to a vacations.
the beer is Schmidt : Schmidt
and the Booze is schnapps.
scroll up to watch me last year video.
Fun time.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
Haven't been to bir since 1980 for a can am/trans am weekend. We did deliver north of bir last year. That's a ways up there!

moose

Veteran Expediter
Coming up this weekend BIR - ZOO, VIP treat .
the definition of pure luck.
so after going to the race for 6 years, and after starting with a new carrier only a few months earlier, i asked dispatch, last year, for a load back to Minnesota so i can go to the NHRA race.
a week before the race dispatch call to ask "would you like some tickets to the tower?"
me: (loosing a few heart beats, & almost running off the Interstate) "YHA!!!!"
dispatch :(asking like any other routine question) "how many are in your party?"
me :"......( a few moments go by, still thinking she is pulling on me)....4", (not wanting to push my luck)
as it turns out the owner of LHT have a SUITE in the tower, which is where we watch the racing from last year.
i have a death sentence over my head if my carrier terminate my services.
so this year we will be watching the NHRA racing from the 2nd floor VIP suite as well.
life don't get any better then that.
as for the ZOO party... a few more new toys joined the herd. i have a new scooter :
Evo 2x BIG 50cc Powerboard
the beer & the Booze stay the same.
anyone wanting to come camp with us, we always happy(see booze) to share a fire/ATV/BBQ/beer/motorhome/beer...
IF you can find me among the 90,000 happy (see beer) campers...
ITS GO TIME #8!!!

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Saw Mike Edward's pro stock rig headed north out of OK this morning.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

moose

Veteran Expediter
here we go again,
i'm in Black Liver Falls, W.I, out of hours for the day. heading to the WHQ in Minnesota, then loaded up the Chevy, heading up north for yet another weekend of racing.
this year our big ATV have gone Craiglisted, so we only have a few smaller ATV's to choose from, & yes, i still have the twinkee ride from last year. i was told that our friends from Winnipeg made a cool motorized couch. & my friends from the Iron Range are already camping out up there.
anyone likes to come along: i will be leaving the yard about 7am, it is only a short drive from the Rogers TA, you can leave your truck at my carrier place, and i'll get you back on Sun night.
gone nitro!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I think I would really enjoy that, it sounds like my idea of fun, [just nuts!], but am loaded for delivery in SC.

PS "Black Liver Falls" is my new favorite typo, lol.
:D