August Moon at Load 1

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Crazy. The fastest and slowest year at the same time!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Picked up a load before noon Saturday for delivery on Monday down by Dayton, OH.

Which is good because I can only drive a couple of hours anymore before I'm in a lot of pain. Mostly my back. I know it's a seat/ride/posture thing. I could drive all day in a semi and be fine. 1-2 hrs driving the Sprinter and I'm miserable. So short runs or runs with lots of time like this one are ideal.
I've tried every seat cushion and back support I've been able to find, different positions, and nothing really helps.

I took the plunge and ordered a new custom made captains chair, and just hope it helps, because I've run out of options. Unfortunately, it will take around 4-5 more weeks before it's done and ships due to a back log.

This is the one i'm going with...
20200801_214915.jpg
I also ordered the Lumbar support option and most of the seat upgrades available.
Fingers crossed that it helps.

On a brighter note...
I'm prebooked for Monday after I drop, going to Toledo, Ohio.
Which works out great since I need to stop by Wayne's World :smiley_driving:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Colonoscopy is done. Everything looked good. Removed a couple of polyps. Neither looked bad. Followup on the 17th. Then I should be back at it.

I have a few comments on the sadist who came up with the idea of drinking 64 ounces of Miralax solution, but I don't think even the Internet is the place for them. So I'll keep those to myself. :oops:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think it was Thursday morning when I woke up at a Flying J in Indiana.
The Temperature was 63F crisp air, felt like fall.
Not a care in the world, as I gathered myself together and walked toward the entrance of the J.

Then it happened. A record scratch in my mind as everything came to a stop.

I needed to go back and get my mask :mask:
For a brief moment in time, there was no virus. What a joyous feeling.
Life was as it always was pre-virus.
Crashing back to reality, I went back to get my mask...
It was nice while it lasted....:pensive:

20200711_131728.jpg

Reactions: Turtle

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Seems like the never ending story.....

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm back!

Actually, been back for a week. Lots of load offers but no loads. But I got one yesterday (Monday).

Follow-up on the colonoscopy and pathology report was fine. One of the polyps was kinda big,, so he wants me to do another one in a year to 18 months. I'm already looking forward to that one.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's new. Phone notifications regarding arrived and emptied, that must be addressed and dismissed... that's not... that's. that's not annoying at all.

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Getting my Captains chair installed at Wayne's World, a little more complicated then planned

Just hope the new ride helps with old pains

Reactions: jelliott and Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I love getting a turndown on a load that pays $0.58 a mile, that picks up 2.5 hours before I was sent the load offer, and I'm 240 miles away from the pickup, and the reason given for the turndown is "PERSONAL". There's nothing more infuriating than someone who thinks they can read my mind, is completely wrong in their mind reading, and then makes a determination based on their Cracker Jack mind reading skills.

That's almost as good as yesterday getting a turndown on a load that I didn't turn down, that I explicitly said I'd do it when Dispatch called to ask me about it. Apparently, I got the turndown because I failed to jump through the hoops and play the game of accepting the offer on the app, even though I had JUST accepted the offer over the phone with Dispatch. Then, because the turndown reset my hours, I had to call in to Dispatch to get my hours restored. More games. And despite all that game playing, the turndown is still there. Sooo, BS games.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, right? You know why I left Panther? I got tired of playing the games.

But my biggest beef is with the dispatcher, or the whoever decided it was appropriate to program the computer, to read my mind or divine my reasons for turning down a load. Either give me the opportunity to type in my reason on the app, or call me and ask me for it, but don't even think you know how to read my mind. If you're going to give me a turndown, and track the turndowns, and reset my hours, the least you can do is allow me to state the explicit reason for the turndown. And I don't turn many down.

Also, just got another load offer. Over the phone, said, "Press or say 1 to accept, press or say 2 to decline." I said "one," and nothing. So I went to the keypad and pressed "1," and nothing. After a really long time, it said, "Sorry. An application error occurred."

Seriously?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I love getting a turndown on a load that pays $0.58 a mile, that picks up 2.5 hours before I was sent the load offer, and I'm 240 miles away from the pickup, and the reason given for the turndown is "PERSONAL". There's nothing more infuriating than someone who thinks they can read my mind, is completely wrong in their mind reading, and then makes a determination based on their Cracker Jack mind reading skills.

That's almost as good as yesterday getting a turndown on a load that I didn't turn down, that I explicitly said I'd do it when Dispatch called to ask me about it. Apparently, I got the turndown because I failed to jump through the hoops and play the game of accepting the offer on the app, even though I had JUST accepted the offer over the phone with Dispatch. Then, because the turndown reset my hours, I had to call in to Dispatch to get my hours restored. More games. And despite all that game playing, the turndown is still there. Sooo, BS games.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, right? You know why I left Panther? I got tired of playing the games.

But my biggest beef is with the dispatcher, or the whoever decided it was appropriate to program the computer, to read my mind or divine my reasons for turning down a load. Either give me the opportunity to type in my reason on the app, or call me and ask me for it, but don't even think you know how to read my mind. If you're going to give me a turndown, and track the turndowns, and reset my hours, the least you can do is allow me to state the explicit reason for the turndown. And I don't turn many down.

Also, just got another load offer. Over the phone, said, "Press or say 1 to accept, press or say 2 to decline." I said "one," and nothing. So I went to the keypad and pressed "1," and nothing. After a really long time, it said, "Sorry. An application error occurred."

Seriously?

I haven't been able to reply while driving for over a month. Just hear silence and a disconnect.

Since I'm pretty much a local driver now with my back pain. I'm racking up some turn downs. What part of drive direct to Texas is local or even Tri-State I'm not sure

But getting dropped to the bottom each time because of it, well that's just getting old. I was in service over the weekend if something local popped up. But just got a whole bunch of long distance robot bids and kept getting dropped to the bottom. I had enough turn downs and position losses, so I took away my availability and went out of service. It's a shame, with all this technology, you would think there would be better ways to handle this

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's the problem with the playing of games. Eventually you get tired of it, go OOS, and then nobody wins.

Right now you don't get a turndown if the load is less than 200 miles. LOL like that makes a difference. 150 miles at $1.50 a mile is profitable. Turn that down at your own perilous stupidity. 1000 miles at 58 cents a mile is nothing more than losing real, actual money mile after mile for 1000 of them.