August Moon at Load 1

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's the problem with the playing of games. Eventually you get tired of it, go OOS, and then nobody wins.

Right now you don't get a turndown if the load is less than 200 miles. LOL like that makes a difference. 150 miles at $1.50 a mile is profitable. Turn that down at your own perilous stupidity. 1000 miles at 58 cents a mile is nothing more than losing real, actual money mile after mile for 1000 of them.

The one thing that I have never understood, As long as someone else accepted a load why should anyone get dropped or dinged for declining?

I could understand if nobody wanted it (which would be a pretty bad load), but when someone wants to do it, everyone else is still penalized. One size fits all, doesn't always work in the real world

Hmm, add 2 more turn downs and resetting of hours to my list. Apparently, Direct from Michigan to Georgia and North Carolina are local

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

• Haha
Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The one thing that I have never understood, As long as someone else accepted a load why should anyone get dropped or dinged for declining?
emoji848.png
I actually know that. I talked with someone at the office today, who will remain nameless, and he explained some things, some of which I already knew, or had a good guess about.

They deal with owner/operators, fleet owners, and drivers of fleet owners, and turndowns are almost exclusively recorded and tracked for the fleet owners. The only people who pay any attention to the turndowns are the ones dealing with them in the context of dealing with a fleet owner.

That's also in part why the "PERSONAL" mind reading reason became the default reason for the turndown. The only person who pays attention to the reason is the one dealing with a fleet owner. (so I'm fine with that).

They're also going to revisit the turndown policies, or at least the resetting of hours. Right now, the hard rule is if it's less than 200 miles, you don't get a turndown. I get that someone driving a van for a fleet owner wouldn't want a 200 mile run, because after the split there's nothing on it for the driver. And if you get 3 loads that week and they're all less-than 200 miles, you're screwed.

On the other hand, if it's 180 miles and pays $300, you deserve a turndown of you don't take it (that's my own opinion, not Load One's). By the same token, if it's 240 miles DH to the pickup and the all miles pay ends up being 55 cents a mile, you don't deserve a turndown for that. Or at least you don't deserve to have your hours reset for it.

I got one yesterday where the loaded miles rate was pretty good, but I was just realistically too far away for that load, and probably shouldn't have even been offered it on the first place, because the DH reduced the pay to 60 some odd cents for all miles. Maybe offer it, but don't reset the hours for that. Once you get to where the DH is more than 30% of the loaded miles, you're taking on a big risk that you don't end up driving several hours just for the load to cancel right before you get there. So they're gonna look at that, too.

Reactions: RoadTime

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
The unnamed guy is looking at it. We have tried to create the rule set and automate it so that it is applied evenly across the board. As always we will continue to try and tweak and improve. That one load as you were told should never have been put in as a reset and unnamed guy got on someone for that. That was a manual staff entry....part of the reason I want to automate it completely and take the human error factor or debates out of it all.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Reactions: RoadTime and Turtle

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Colonoscopy is done. Everything looked good. Removed a couple of polyps. Neither looked bad. Followup on the 17th. Then I should be back at it.

I have a few comments on the sadist who came up with the idea of drinking 64 ounces of Miralax solution, but I don't think even the Internet is the place for them. So I'll keep those to myself. :oops:
Try a gallon of Golytely. :oops:

Reactions: jelliott