August locations and banter

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
He smelled pretty, he is witty and it was bright. Does that count ?

I think we are onto something here with the canopy and parking.

As far as our newbies go, they have all been friendly. Most listen. When they make a mistake im sure whomever is watching them explains the problem but we have been trying to explain from the drivers side also. Just takes a minute and as i said most have listened. They will get it soon.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
On day 5 of my sit. Delivered in Sioux falls. Didn't feel good so stayed in the area a little bit to get better saw about 3 expedited vans come in and leave and I know 2 got loads out cause I talked to them. Deadheaded to Minneapolis still nothing. I have had 3 bites just no keepers.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Chris you are currently our number 1 sitter. I am sure we are looking forward to you passing that trophy on.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Well dispatch is trying to get us all moving. Just called with an offer but just couldn't justify doing it.would have been a long dh for us they had trucks closer with less dwell time and maybe it could have paid them more. Would have been about .48/.50 a mile after fuel for us on about 700 miles. Just cant see swooping in on someone else who is that much closer who has been sitting a few hours less than us.

Brings up an interesting ? Though. Would anybody else have done this if the people closer only had a few less hours of dwell time. Just to get moving. We always try to be fare and look at the bigger picture. What do the rest of you think ?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well dispatch is trying to get us all moving. Just called with an offer but just couldn't justify doing it.would have been a long dh for us they had trucks closer with less dwell time and maybe it could have paid them more. Would have been about .48/.50 a mile after fuel for us on about 700 miles. Just cant see swooping in on someone else who is that much closer who has been sitting a few hours less than us.

Brings up an interesting ? Though. Would anybody else have done this if the people closer only had a few less hours of dwell time. Just to get moving. We always try to be fare and look at the bigger picture. What do the rest of you think ?

I think you chose correctly...if it doesn't make sense to you..well you know...well done.

ohiomike08

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After orientation Monday and Tuesday, QC install yesterday, graphics and AC repair today, I'm finally in service and waiting at the yard for my first load.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
I think you chose correctly...if it doesn't make sense to you..well you know...well done.
I guess it could have made financial sense. Not alot but some. It was more about justifying the dwell time and doing that when the difference is minimal

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner

Just brought this to the current page so it wouldn't get lost. Would still like to see some opinions.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
"Uncle"...I give up for this trip. Still in service, on 5th day empty...trollin toward home.

Might have to draw the OVM square on the map til it picks up....

Me

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Just brought this to the current page so it wouldn't get lost. Would still like to see some opinions.
My opinion. If dispatch calls me on a load, I assume they have their reasons. Unless there is an obvious oversight or mistake being made, I look at it for my situation only. I just feel that getting into who is closer and how many hours they have compared to mine, etc, etc is just confusing the issue and taking up dispatch time to communicate. I also assume that "unintentional" errors probably do happen, but hopefully the lose/gain ratio levels off over time.

If I was sure something sounded wrong about it, I would mention it. I wouldnt ask on a regular basis though.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Yes there was. We had more dwell time. I didn't ask they told me. It was more about swooping in for a load when the dwell time difference between us and the other truck was only 4 or 5 hours and they were closer. We had the time to make the p/u.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes there was. We had more dwell time. I didn't ask they told me. It was more about swooping in for a load when the dwell time difference between us and the other truck was only 4 or 5 hours and they were closer. We had the time to make the p/u.
Was it worth it to you tho?....did it cover what your target is?....

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
No, or we would be running the load. Worth is not the ? We are answering here. To make it as up front as possible. Would you swoop in and take a load away from another driver/team if there was only a few hours difference in dwell time. let's say the money is where it should be for the sake of taking that out of the equation.

guido4475

Not a Member
Dad's all juiced up and doing good....Mom's a little better...They are all set up, as far as I can see, they shouldn't need anything for a while. I'm in service, and ready to go.Everything done on the van that I wanted to do. Hoping for a decent load to salvage out this week.And get caught back up.All ready for the winter, seeing as how I don't think I will be home until Christmas.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
No, or we would be running the load. Worth is not the ? We are answering here. To make it as up front as possible. Would you swoop in and take a load away from another driver/team if there was only a few hours difference in dwell time. let's say the money is where it should be for the sake of taking that out of the equation.

Absolutely....happens a lot with us sprinters...they'll bring you in from Gr. Rapids for a pick up in Romulus if there is time to make it....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think if dispatch selects you it is your load no swooping involved. That is their job to decide who's load it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

I would run the load. Basing that on the day of the week and location. Length of the DH might change my mind. It's a business decision. I've never had them tell me that another truck was closer, much less what it's dwell time was.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Dad's all juiced up and doing good....Mom's a little better...They are all set up, as far as I can see, they shouldn't need anything for a while. I'm in service, and ready to go.Everything done on the van that I wanted to do. Hoping for a decent load to salvage out this week.And get caught back up.All ready for the winter, seeing as how I don't think I will be home until Christmas.

Glad to hear everything worked out Dave.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums