August locations and banter

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just wanted to say how much I appreciate the shower program we have with Pilot. I don't need to take advantage of it much but I smell so good right now!

I appreciate drivers who actually take advantage of the free showers!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We did run the new people through training for 2 to 3 weeks till we started to set them free. Sometimes you just have to take the short term pain and have them fall down a few times till they can run. With I think ten of them added it was quite a challenge. I think a few weeks from now we will hopefully start seeing a real difference. We have added dispatchers, dedicated bidders and customer service people. Now we are just running out of space in the building and the parking lot.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
The shower program is great...I just don't consider it "free" is all....when TS's charge .10 to .15 cents more then a corner station...

That goes both ways. Truck stops are much more real time on pricing. Gas stations often don't adjust pricing till they get the next load delivered. For diesel that can sometimes be weeks.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I was gonna ask where you are putting all these people. Maybe time to add another floor? :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That goes both ways. Truck stops are much more real time on pricing. Gas stations often don't adjust pricing till they get the next load delivered. For diesel that can sometimes be weeks.

That is why one must stay alert to save money...like diesel is much cheaper in Warren then it is in Sterling heights..on average...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We did run the new people through training for 2 to 3 weeks till we started to set them free. Sometimes you just have to take the short term pain and have them fall down a few times till they can run. With I think ten of them added it was quite a challenge. I think a few weeks from now we will hopefully start seeing a real difference. We have added dispatchers, dedicated bidders and customer service people. Now we are just running out of space in the building and the parking lot.
A few gaffes are expected...they seem a very friendly bunch John...

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
The shower program is great...I just don't consider it "free" is all....when TS's charge .10 to .15 cents more then a corner station...

Even at $0.15 more per gallon, if you get your minimum of 15 gallons to qualify for that "free" shower, you're only paying $2.25 more than the corner gas station. Last time i checked showers were $11 or $12. So you might not get a "free" shower but you are getting one at a heavily discounted price. That to me is worth going to a truck stop and taking a shower every day and a half vs. being that guy who doesn't.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Even at $0.15 more per gallon, if you get your minimum of 15 gallons to qualify for that "free" shower, you're only paying $2.25 more than the corner gas station. Last time i checked showers were $11 or $12. So you might not get a "free" shower but you are getting one at a heavily discounted price. That to me is worth going to a truck stop and taking a shower every day and a half vs. being that guy who doesn't.

I think we said the same thing...I said they are not exactly free...:)