August locations & Alien invasions

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Good Sunday morning. Beautiful day here in Michigan. Charity golf outing today for fallen police and fire fighters. Should be a good day for it just wish I could golf better, lol.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
oh yeah...don't forget *228 Option #2 for monthly cell tower updates....unbelievably these phones don't find new towers automatically....

Thanks, I forgot about that. Just did it, and son of a gun if my signal strength didn't improve. That is sooooooo stupid that we need to do that.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Apparently these smart phones are not so smart.(Not including the I Phone 5)..they can not pick up new towers in the area....sounds like they have a list of towers in their programming and every month or so you are supposed to "update" the list....they don't do it automatically...go figure...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Spending the day sitting in operations. Always interesting to observe. First observation, got some sitters to move, second we need to change the flags. :D

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Spending the day sitting in operations. Always interesting to observe. First observation, got some sitters to move, second we need to change the flags. :D

It's a good opportunity to learn some new words too. :thumbup:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Apparently these smart phones are not so smart.(Not including the I Phone 5)..they can not pick up new towers in the area....sounds like they have a list of towers in their programming and every month or so you are supposed to "update" the list....they don't do it automatically...go figure...

For those on att power off your phone for about 30 seconds and the update happens on restart.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member

That silver sail down South needs to move back up North to cooler areas... he's been sitting since Friday morn...
1508203.GIF

1508623.GIF

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I too am in service messing with Johns numbers....long sitter...No loads from Bison SD yet....LOL

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Doing our best. Got a whole bunch of sitters trying to get rolling. Weekend was quieter than normal. My guess is in part to Canadian holiday today.