Asian carp saga continues

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What I don't understand, Where are the people of all the other states that border the Great Lakes?

Why do we never here from them? Don't they realize this is a disaster in the making for them also?

Also the Canadians? Why are they not screaming and hollering?

I just don't understand!
post-2806-0-36329400-1342363236.gif

Those who pull the strings in Washington have more pull than we do. They OWN the government. The Canadians don't care. They have NO problem with what goes on in the Great Lakes. THEY allow UNMARKED oil wells, in VERY shallow water, 10' or less on Lake Erie, and make NO effort to insure that they are not hit. It is only a matter of time. Follow the money. Mom and pop tackle stores and motels are of NO concern to governments, no matter which government it is. They are ALL corrupt.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a simple solution to eliminate @$ian carp. Before I reveal my plan, you insensitive clods must stop referring to these fish as @$ian carp. In the great state of Minnesota where nice people live, these fish are called invasive carp, ya.

Here's the plan; when the invasive carp reach the Great Lakes, we introduce lampreys. These lampreys will suck the life out of the carp. As the lamprey population increases and thrives, we introduce electric eels and encourage inter-species breeding. The result is giant eels that generate electricity. Enough electricity to power the Great Lakes states and much of the Northeast.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have a simple solution to eliminate @$ian carp. Before I reveal my plan, you insensitive clods must stop referring to these fish as @$ian carp. In the great state of Minnesota where nice people live, these fish are called invasive carp, ya.

Here's the plan; when the invasive carp reach the Great Lakes, we introduce lampreys. These lampreys will suck the life out of the carp. As the lamprey population increases and thrives, we introduce electric eels and encourage inter-species breeding. The result is giant eels that generate electricity. Enough electricity to power the Great Lakes states and much of the Northeast.

The scales are too thick on the carp for the lamprey to do any good, they only go after fish with very light, or no scales. So that won't work. Obama will also won't allow the electric eels for a couple of reasons. They fart, so they contribute to global warming. Also, there is no way for the feds to tax the eels, so there is NO way this plan will work.

As to their name, they ARE invasive carp, but so is every other species of carp in North America. They were imported from Asia, as opposed to Europe where the other invasive carp were imported from. SO, to be correct we have to call them invasive ASIAN carp, OR, invasive carp imported from Asia, OR, swimming crap.

What WOULD work is to put welfare people to work, netting the carp and killing them. That would accomplish two things, it would eventually get rid of the carp, AND, we would gain some benefit for the welfare money we are putting out. A win win for all.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Eels fart? Who would have thought?

Only electric eels fart. It is the by product from the coal they eat to produce the electricity. They use the methane to power their forward motion in the water. They are fart propelled eels.

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
What WOULD work is to put welfare people to work, netting the carp and killing them. That would accomplish two things, it would eventually get rid of the carp, AND, we would gain some benefit for the welfare money we are putting out. A win win for all.

Perhaps a bounty paid on each fish ? Or used as a organic fertilizer ?

jimmy

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Got to love it! Bet NOTHING is being done to close the artificial connections from the Mississippi water shed and Great Lakes water shed either. NOW, if those carp caused "climate change" THEN they would do something. Damage to the environment is NOT important to those who COULD be doing something, but are not.