Are there any companys that give u more than one load??????????

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Just so you know LTL freight can be good if you need to get somewhere, but it usually pays garbage rates.

LTL freight offered to you guys that are Expeditors as a "backhaul", or "get home" freight may pay garbage rates, but that's mainly because your dispatch service (your carrier) is only looking for 1 load to get where you want to be.

LTL Freight is just what it is, "Less than a Truck Load" freight. There are guys out there running LTL Freight making 4-5-6 TIMES the $$$$ you guys are making running "exclusive use" of truck $$$ that Expedite Freight pays.

Call it "Garbage Rates" if you want, but I'd rather have 4-5 loads of LTL Freight on my truck and/or trailer each paying $1.00-$1.75 a mile than I would just 1 load of Expedite Freight only paying $1.75-$2.25 a mile.

And to add, our great "Phil" is now basically running LTL Freight and not Expedite Freight. Sure, some of his stuff so far with Landstar may have been time sensitive freight, but from what I'm gathering with his posts here and on his blog, he is slowly becoming a true IOO running LTL Freight whether he realizes it or not. Also, he's doing OK in my book so far since getting away from the controlled and over paid enviroment he was brought up in in the trucking industry.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
LTL freight offered to you guys that are Expeditors as a "backhaul", or "get home" freight may pay garbage rates, but that's mainly because your dispatch service (your carrier) is only looking for 1 load to get where you want to be.

LTL Freight is just what it is, "Less than a Truck Load" freight. There are guys out there running LTL Freight making 4-5-6 TIMES the $$$$ you guys are making running "exclusive use" of truck $$$ that Expedite Freight pays.

Call it "Garbage Rates" if you want, but I'd rather have 4-5 loads of LTL Freight on my truck and/or trailer each paying $1.00-$1.75 a mile than I would just 1 load of Expedite Freight only paying $1.75-$2.25 a mile.

And to add, our great "Phil" is now basically running LTL Freight and not Expedite Freight. Sure, some of his stuff so far with Landstar may have been time sensitive freight, but from what I'm gathering with his posts here and on his blog, he is slowly becoming a true IOO running LTL Freight whether he realizes it or not. Also, he's doing OK in my book so far since getting away from the controlled and over paid enviroment he was brought up in in the trucking industry.

I was addressing it from a CV perspective which when we could find our own loads I was getting most quotes at .10 to .50 a mile. In a truck you could do quite well as long as they are close to the same route even at those rates. There are many more paying the low rates for LTL because that is what they can pay companies like FedEx, UPS, and Yellow to do it.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Brisco,
You touched on a bunch of things that many won't get or want to get. Some feel this is only emergency freight but the problem is that neither the rates or the work reflects if it is actually freight that is emergency freight or exclusive use freight.

I feel if my truck isn't making 2 a mile - all miles, then I have to add freight to make it 2 a mile. BUT on the other hand if my carrier wants me to be exclusive for that customer, then they need to pay me for that, which seems $3 to $3.50 to the truck - exclusive to the FSC.

People let the carrier get away with this, then they cry about low rates and so on. Too bad that many don't know what money they can make.

I am wondering what Phil has been hauling and if it is just the standard "get it there by X but don't worry about it" type freight. There are factors involved that a few LS people here know about but overall it is possible what he did is what many others CAN do.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
we have done a double load from El Paso to Saline MI with the second load El Paso to Taylor. Full rate on both loads.

But, but the company name. Isn't that contrary to the company name?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Another Cubist heard from!

Picasso.jpg

Last edited:

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
ceva richmond va has one of greates dipatcher i have worked with