Are The Dumbest People From Texas?

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
They talk about seceding and I'm paraphrasing a comedian when I say...

They don't seem to get the 'United' part of "United States of America". <end paraphrasing>

Ya know? Democracy? Voting and stuff? Some got to win, some got to lose? Good Time Charilies got the blues? But that doesn't mean you threaten to take your ball and bat and go home. My vote is Texas might not be the dumbest but they're contestants.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I don't know ... all I can say is based on my interactions with Texans - which is purely anecdotal - they certainly seem to have more than their fair share of "stoopid" ...

Brisco

Expert Expediter
I don't know ... all I can say is based on my interactions with Texans - which is purely anecdotal - they certainly seem to have more than their fair share of "stoopid" ...

I don't know about the "Stoopid" opinion..............

Texas has one of the Strongest Economies in America........Lowest Unemployment Rates.....Lowest Cost of Living Rates............Express Lanes for Death Penalty Convicts..........one of the Fastest Growing States when it comes to Population Growth............Lowest Costs for Housing in the Country........We're allowed to Carry Weapons and Shoot To Kill while defending ourselves........and so on.....

So........we must be doing something right. :p

Could it possibly be that we're not "Liked".........and are looked down upon by the snotty snoots in this country because we Don't deal with IGNORANCE too well????

Yeah..............That could be it.................:eek:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They talk about seceding and I'm paraphrasing a comedian when I say...

They don't seem to get the 'United' part of "United States of America". <end paraphrasing>

Ya know? Democracy? Voting and stuff? Some got to win, some got to lose? Good Time Charilies got the blues? But that doesn't mean you threaten to take your ball and bat and go home. My vote is Texas might not be the dumbest but they're contestants.

People are getting tired of being dictated to by a bunch of idiots in Washington who want only to control every aspect of their lives. That is why so many want to secede. It is hardly only Texas.

Even states are looking to break up into smaller states so that their lives won't be controlled by the "gimmiegoobers" that infest the big cities.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
As a former Texan I think the reason people find them dumb is because there is so many Texan and they have so much pride and patriotism towards Texas. Don't get me wrong there's stupid people there tho

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As a former Texan I think the reason people find them dumb is because there is so many Texan and they have so much pride and patriotism towards Texas. Don't get me wrong there's stupid people there tho

Not as many per 100,000 as there are in the US Capitol building. The "stupid" population there is close too, or is, at 100%

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Texas has one of the Strongest Economies in America........

Based heavily on undocumented workers.

Lowest Unemployment Rates....

At 6.2-6.5 [unemployment] for 2012, many states did better [with legal citizen employees!] Even Oklahoma was 4.9-5.5

Lowest Cost of Living Rates............

Many people consider the quality of living to be at least as important as the cost.

Express Lanes for Death Penalty Convicts..........

Many people would consider that a deterrent, especially given the number of death row convicts found to be not guilty, and the very large percentage of them in Texas.

one of the Fastest Growing States when it comes to Population Growth............

I just read that Texas accounted for almost 25% of the US population increase, and 90% were dirt poor. Congratulations, lol.

Lowest Costs for Housing in the Country........

With the very low rate of high school graduates [one of the worst in the country] and the 3rd highest rate of teen pregnancy, low cost housing is imperative - even Texas hasn't got enough overpasses to cover them all.

We're allowed to Carry Weapons and Shoot To Kill while defending ourselves.......

So was George Zimmerman - but having the judgement is a whole 'nother matter.

.and so on.....

Yep: Austin! :D

Could it possibly be that we're not "Liked".........and are looked down upon by the snotty snoots in this country because we Don't deal with IGNORANCE too well????

Judging by the high school graduation and teen pregnancy rates, you absolutely don't deal with it too well. Reason to brag? I wouldn't think so.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Cheri, using the quote function properly is not rocket science and can make your posts more organized and more readable. I enjoy your comments but sometimes I move on without reading because they are confusing to someone of my simple intelligence. :rolleyes:

Texas has one of the Strongest Economies in America........

Based heavily on undocumented workers.

Lowest Unemployment Rates....

At 6.2-6.5 [unemployment] for 2012, many states did better [with legal citizen employees!] Even Oklahoma was 4.9-5.5

Lowest Cost of Living Rates............

Many people consider the quality of living to be at least as important as the cost.

Express Lanes for Death Penalty Convicts..........

Many people would consider that a deterrent, especially given the number of death row convicts found to be not guilty, and the very large percentage of them in Texas.

one of the Fastest Growing States when it comes to Population Growth............

I just read that Texas accounted for almost 25% of the US population increase, and 90% were dirt poor. Congratulations, lol.

Lowest Costs for Housing in the Country........

With the very low rate of high school graduates [one of the worst in the country] and the 3rd highest rate of teen pregnancy, low cost housing is imperative - even Texas hasn't got enough overpasses to cover them all.

We're allowed to Carry Weapons and Shoot To Kill while defending ourselves.......

So was George Zimmerman - but having the judgement is a whole 'nother matter.

.and so on.....

Yep: Austin! :D

Judging by the high school graduation and teen pregnancy rates, you absolutely don't deal with it too well. Reason to brag? I wouldn't think so.

Just sayin.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Cheri, using the quote function properly is not rocket science and can make your posts more organized and more readable. I enjoy your comments but sometimes I move on without reading because they are confusing to someone of my simple intelligence. :rolleyes:

Just sayin.

Just Sayin...............That's A Good One..........

Hell..........Even this "Stoopid Texan" knows how to quote on a discussion board.

As far as the rest of her Babbling Nonsense................Just more of the Same Ole......Same Ole......:rolleyes:

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wait til we get to Kentucky..

I've been once at Sylvania (in Shelbyville) for a p/u and while waiting for the load I started talking to those nice ladies from the shipping. I'll try to make it short: They never heard of Russia nor Germany, Oregon or Idaho. When I asked them what do they know related to geography, they said "Kentucky, Kentucky Derby, Louisville".

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note III

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
I've been once at Sylvania (in Shelbyville) for a p/u and while waiting for the load I started talking to those nice ladies from the shipping. I'll try to make it short: They never heard of Russia nor Germany, Oregon or Idaho. When I asked them what do they know related to geography, they said "Kentucky, Kentucky Derby, Louisville".

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note III

Ignorance is bliss they say.