apu

maybe_driving

Seasoned Expediter
Help it's hot, my rig master work great until the AC kicks in then it pulls the motor down to the point it cuts off. took it to the new rig master shop in IN. They recharged the ac said it had to much in it. that did not help does the same with the air filter in or out

what am I looking for gov.? maybe

and don't go to kenworth in India. IN. they are a new service stop for rig master there not on the web site and I think I was the first onr they saw did not have air filters. they though you could call parts supply and get one NOT

WWW.Packing.org
ooida#811397

greg334

Veteran Expediter
How did they recharge it? Did they remove all the freon, evacuate the system and than rechaged it? or did they just checked it and add some in?

It sounds like a compressor to me but again it maybe the injector pump on the engine.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
It's hot??? Y ain't seen nuthin yet.

Believe he shared that it was overcharged, Greg.

How old is you Rigmaster? My experience with Rigmaster shops is, you need to splain to them the problem, then tell em, if you can't fix it, don't start on it. We had a case where we paid a large fee just to watch them scratch their AZZ for a few hours without any repair completed.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
>my rig master work great until the AC kicks
>in then it pulls the motor down to the point it cuts off.

It sounds like you are saying the a/c kicks in and the engine bogs down and dies. That could mean the off load idle speed isn't set correctly so the load causes it to die. I believe there is a very good Rigmaster shop in Oklahoma City. I don't know any others by reputation so it's probably pot luck where you stop. Good luck.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

maybe_driving

Seasoned Expediter
thanks for the help

they evacuated it they had to do something for their pay.

has about 700 left on the big W when I get home Monday I have those guys look at it they they worked on it before

WWW.Packing.org
ooida#811397

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I guess the thing I am driving at is who overcharged it and what was done to determine that it was overcharged. you have to really overcharged the system for a 14 HP engine to slow down to the point of stalling.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Ray at Espar in Detroit would be a good source for your problem.
Really knows his stuff on the rigmasters

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had my Rigmaster installed at Espar of Michigan. Ray took the time needed to answer my questions and to show me how to use the unit. I would definately recommend them.

FJK1954

Expert Expediter
have alot of probs from day one with mine too...but they are right Ray at Espar is the one to go to...i spent hundreds on mine until i took it to them...they fixed it first shot...found things others didnt even look for.