April location's and other gossip

guido4475

Not a Member
I think the hazmat message needs to be more specific. Like many fleet messages we get. The question i hear is, was that meant for truck load, straight, vans or all.

As far as load boards and customers that was beat to death. Ill keep my comments to myself on it.

I personally feel some, or many hazmat loads have no business being in a van. A huge majority of vans do not have a bulkhead, nor is the drivers area sealed from the cargo area, protecting the driver from the possible fumes that may come with the freight.No matter how well a shipment may be sealed, and packaged, it can still smell. Nothing worse than having a sore throat for a few days after hauling smelly freight in a van.At least a straight truck has a separate cargo box to offer a driver protection from hazmat freight, or fumes, etc, whether it be going down the road or in case of an accident.I know of one major carrier that doesn't allow hazmat to be loaded onto a van just because of the safety issues involved. Just sayin'......

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well to be too specific on one new customer in a message really wasn't the point of the message. We are working to add sales people and customers. I think the main theme was more capabilities represent more coverage for us and better revenue/movement for the fleet. The other emphasis was that we would reimburse the expense to help make this happen. The sales force is tasked to keep adding direct shippers and selling out capabilities. It is hard to "react" and add capabilities after you add a customer. Kind of a chicken and egg thing.

On Scott's point about appearance and behavior on here. While a number of owner operators comment upon finding our facebook page and our EO pages, I am shocked at the number of customers that google and research these same things. Appearance is everything.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well to be too specific on one new customer in a message really wasn't the point of the message. We are working to add sales people and customers. I think the main theme was more capabilities represent more coverage for us and better revenue/movement for the fleet. The other emphasis was that we would reimburse the expense to help make this happen. The sales force is tasked to keep adding direct shippers and selling out capabilities. It is hard to "react" and add capabilities after you add a customer. Kind of a chicken and egg thing.

On Scott's point about appearance and behavior on here. While a number of owner operators comment upon finding our facebook page and our EO pages, I am shocked at the number of customers that google and research these same things. Appearance is everything.

at least your customers will know we are normal and not the perfect machines that the sales staff might portray us as.......LOL
We have our share of bad days...but what is really important is we all support the mission of Load 1 together as a team....

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
at least your customers will know we are normal and not the perfect machines that the sales staff might portray us as.......LOL
We have our share of bad days...but what is really important is we all support the mission of Load 1 together as a team....

I am not sure they ever thought you were normal, lol.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
appearance is very important. there are many appearances that are looked at as well. the company as a whole. the public appearance we put forth on public forums. the personal appearance each of us put forth at the shipper and consignee. the mental and attitude appearance and lastly, the appearance of our equipment. each are very important in the " entire package " we are going to need to use to get and keep direct customers. most of these are a given cause we as a whole are a conscious minded group. remember though, every now and then to take a step and look at things and assess your appearance.

the two biggest ones for us are personal and equipment appearance. one thing i have to do more of myself is keep a little more clean shaven. i am always conscious of the way the truck looks as you all know. the other appearances are pretty easy to keep up by being courteous, professional and always aware of what is expected of you.

we are a good bunch here and we should be able to easily do our part to make these new opportunities succeed.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Good morning Gang! Can I just give out one big like for the last 20 posts! You all are certainly well spoken, and have NO problems getting your points across!;)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
wow...just did the weather check and it's going to be 83 here on Sunday! I'm happy!:)

considering it's 16 here this morning...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well I am pleased to announce the addition of two more additional territory sales reps to the Load One family. This is part of our ongoing and continued efforts to expand our sales team and our sales footprint. Both reps have extensive experience in the industry and will be great additions to our sales force! One will be primarily covering the WI, IL, and Indiana territory. The other will focus on KY and TN as his primary area. While we can't control freight volumes we are committed to doing everything possible to diversify, and grow our direct shipper base.

guido4475

Not a Member
Well I am pleased to announce the addition of two more additional territory sales reps to the Load One family. This is part of our ongoing and continued efforts to expand our sales team and our sales footprint. Both reps have extensive experience in the industry and will be great additions to our sales force! One will be primarily covering the WI, IL, and Indiana territory. The other will focus on KY and TN as his primary area. While we can't control freight volumes we are committed to doing everything possible to diversify, and grow our direct shipper base.

Awesome! Sweet! It is so nice to know and see efforts are being done to help us grow, as well as the company as a whole.

cherokee727

Expert Expediter
if it ends up being a radiator, get a price and make sure it includes the pins and the mount. a factory frtlnr. rad. is going to have plastic top and bottom caps just like the one you have now. i did one a year ago and the price didnt include the parts i mentioned. i have a place you can get an all steel rad. all parts included for around 1100 or 1200. yours might be cheaper depending in motor size.the complete kit i got was cheaper than frtlnr. also hate to say it but if its a rad. and while its apart you should do hoses and thermostats. let us know whats up, ill be watching for a post from you. glad to help if we can.

It is the radiator. BUT i asked them and they said they are ordering an all metal radiator for 940 and 140 of that is overnight freight . Also they are replacing the upper and lower hoses and all 5 u joints since the shaft is out and 780,000 miles. Bout 2500 for all. And looks like were adding the sprinter to this mess looks like the alternator is going out. The previous owner bought one at advance and said he replaced it every 3 to 6 mo. Maybe we should look into a factory alternator.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I might add a vehicle can be shiny on the outside but if it looks like a junk dealers inside or the driver has hygiene problems or believes dirty clothes makes you look like a hard worker the shiny outside is quickly forgotton.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guido i think she views politeness as a sign of weakness. It sure didn't help me.