April 2020 Fools & Follies

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's a 2006. They came out with a much better version of the 6.0 later, maybe that's why?

My 2003 Dodge Ram Van with a 5.2 got 15 highway. So I dunno... but yeah it had 1200 lbs of natural gas tanks BEFORE the freight was added....

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe the conversion part is the issue, I would have expected better mileage. I rented a Penske cube last year and got 15 with it.....did stay under 65mph though.

We have a ‘15 srw ex-Penske cube and it gets 15 mpg pretty much all the time. We stay below 70 because the van is a brick, and it’s also governed to 75 and I don’t wanna be caught with no reserve. That usually isn’t a problem except in speed demon places like Tennessee and especially Dallas

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anybody with an 06 or memory of one?

I'd always thought it was too thirsty

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Think it has 4.10 gears for some reason if my memory serves. It is a limited slip

Oh well. I should get off the internet and fix my sprinter :p passing the April thread torch to those actually working

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is this the right place to complain my rearend rebuild will cost $600 in parts and $400 in tools? No? No sympathy?

I believe it should have lasted longer than 450k miles, but the floppy driveshaft disagrees.

Anyway no used units, and it's $800 for something with 200,000 miles if I shipped it.

With Covid-19 I'm looking at April 28th for the parts. Wheee!

Going to change the rack while I'm waiting, I noticed the leak coming from under the boot. I do have that part already...

Reactions: Treadmill

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is this the right place to complain my rearend rebuild will cost $600 in parts and $400 in tools? No? No sympathy?

I believe it should have lasted longer than 450k miles, but the floppy driveshaft disagrees.

Anyway no used units, and it's $800 for something with 200,000 miles if I shipped it.

With Covid-19 I'm looking at April 28th for the parts. Wheee!

Going to change the rack while I'm waiting, I noticed the leak coming from under the boot. I do have that part already...

When the rear diff went out in my sprinter a few years ago, I got really lucky and found one in a pull a part yard in Orlando, and it was a Florida vehicle so all of the bolts came out easy and even the parking brake cables worked. $150 and and some new brake pads and fresh oil for the diff. Not sure how many miles were actually on it, as the sticker that shows the vehicle info was blank where the mileage was, but it was nice and quiet.

Did you try calling Wayne in Toledo? When I sold him my sprinter when it got too rusted out to drive, he had lots of parts on the shelf and more complete vehicles out back.

Reactions: brokcanadian

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When the rear diff went out in my sprinter a few years ago, I got really lucky and found one in a pull a part yard in Orlando, and it was a Florida vehicle so all of the bolts came out easy and even the parking brake cables worked. $150 and and some new brake pads and fresh oil for the diff. Not sure how many miles were actually on it, as the sticker that shows the vehicle info was blank where the mileage was, but it was nice and quiet.

Did you try calling Wayne in Toledo? When I sold him my sprinter when it got too rusted out to drive, he had lots of parts on the shelf and more complete vehicles out back.
He's not far from me, but I don't want to get into freight charges - plus cross border

Wrong place to break down, there's thousands of old delivery sprinters in Toronto making the used market hard

I'm good with $600 for brand new sks bearings. The rest is tools I'll have forever, that I've been forever putting off buying

I'll post some pics of my home hack job later. And a steering rack change, and culminating in replacement of the non-replaceable u joints in the driveshaft...

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wrong place to break down, there's thousands of old delivery sprinters in Toronto making the used market hard

I'm good with $600 for brand new sks bearings. The rest is tools I'll have forever, that I've been forever putting off buying

I'll post some pics of my home hack job later. And a steering rack change, and culminating in replacement of the non-replaceable u joints in the driveshaft...

My $printer developed a oil cooler leak :oops:
Wayne (errr Tyler) will be fixing it.
2 day job $2500-$3000 o_O

Yeah, I thought about jumping off the cliff with the rest of the freight :dash2:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My $printer developed a oil cooler leak :oops:
Wayne (errr Tyler) will be fixing it.
2 day job $2500-$3000 o_O

Yeah, I thought about jumping off the cliff with the rest of the freight :dash2:
Thank you.

(For reminding me why I have an old sprinter)

To me, it's 25% of what I paid for it 4 years ago. And likely exceeding the current value.

Trying to make sure I'm in position to get what I want later. I have a feeling we aren't seeing the "pandemic pricing" yet, but we will

Oh locations. Still sitting at home waiting for parts.

Reactions: RoadTime

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What got loosened up Rags? I tried clicking the link sent with the alert and got an empty web page.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What got loosened up Rags? I tried clicking the link sent with the alert and got an empty web page.

Wear a mask and go play golf...just don't use a cart

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: piper1