Anyone moving

Falligator

Expert Expediter
i never have gotten a load to fla......... in the 4 yrs i been experditing... all my other driver freinds have...... *sigh* .. why not me??? I WANNA GOOOOOOOOOOOOO **whining here**
do what i did and bug the hell out of dispatch. They may give ya a load to florida just to leave them alone....lmao....:D j/k......

i couldn't believe i got a load out of atlanta to orlando....i usually go north or to north or south carolina and that's it.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Not heading into any bad weather that I know of, but , DH'd from toledo to Brooklyn Mi, loaded and Heading to St Charles Mo to a Nike Research lab.....maybe I can swap my "Chuck's" for a new "experimental" pair of Nike's!!

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Not heading into any bad weather that I know of, but , DH'd from toledo to Brooklyn Mi, loaded and Heading to St Charles Mo to a Nike Research lab.....maybe I can swap my "Chuck's" for a new "experimental" pair of Nike's!!
Maybe you're secretly helping our nation ween it's dependance on foreign oil...I wonder what nike has in their bag of tricks??? lol

whitewolf

Seasoned Expediter
TriState is not moving they better forget Catterpillar and start looking for freight...I have nothing last week...I'm in Detroit in a cargo van

Nadal

Seasoned Expediter
I told ya the Cat thing will hit hard TriState.They not have anything for straight truck also....:mad:

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
We've had a busy week so far. Missouri to New Haven, IN.. then Greenfield, IN to Sioux Falls, SD. Now we are sitting in Minnesota waiting.

Yesterday while on our way to pick up our load in Greenfield, IN we had to take a detour off of I-69 south because of a huge pile-up somewhere further down the interstate. Chatter on the C.B. said a 20 car pile-up and included 6 trucks, with fatalities. :( The roads turned bad pretty quickly when the wind started blowing hard and was drifting the snow.

We also learned that I-70 just east of Indy had been shut down as well because of crashes. People just seem to forget to slow down when the roads start getting snow covered.

*EDIT: After doing some research online, it seems that there was a very heavy snowfall in that area that morning that caused white-out conditions and that attributed to the multiple crashes. We had missed the snowfall thankfully.

News Report of I-69 crashes

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
inkasnana, I also got caught up in that mess on I-69. I was able to jump off at Exit 22 and take st rt 9 down to 70 and head west to my drop, but it did take me a few miles and about an hour out of the way.

That wind had I-69 in white out conditions, glad you got through it...

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
We got off at exit 45 and took US 28 to St Rt 9 which goes into Greenfield where we picked up. The wind was awful clear into IL. By the time we got to Iowa the weather was better and the roads were clear.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I delivered in Billings Monday morning, hung out there until today and grabbed an LTL to Salt Lake. I'll try my luck in Salt Lake for a day or two and if nothing turns up I might grab another LTL somewhere else. It's a guessing game in the west, but you can get some good loads sometimes when there isn't any competition around. That strategy is called the Turtle Doctrine.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
sat in evansville on the chnce of an outbound. moved to whiteland. i decided to mail my weeks bol and head home since its cheaper to sit there. 30 miles later dispatch calls and says they have a load and it is 30 miles from me or rather where i was. so now i am home with a detroit area delivery for monday. stopping in toledo to see the new office and meet danthewolf and then move to a seemingly good dispatch location.

was it cheri and chefdenis who suggested leaving your sit spot to gain a load from dispatch? it worked. not where i wanted to go but where i might need to go.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Im in southern ohio, run was going to oklahoma

Jeez, why would you turn down a load that was probably between 700 or 800 miles? That is not a bad location, we always get freight out of Oklahoma. Snow, sleet, rain, or wind wouldn't keep me off that load! :D

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Jack: I said that 'trolling' for loads was often effective with Panther, in a van. I don't do it in the D unit, cause it doesn't work with my current carrier. As the saying goes, YMMV. :)

miker

Seasoned Expediter
Jeez, why would you turn down a load that was probably between 700 or 800 miles? That is not a bad location, we always get freight out of Oklahoma. Snow, sleet, rain, or wind wouldn't keep me off that load! :D

that day no one was even allowed to be on the streets,they had a level 3 snow and ice emergency, not worth the risk. Look at how long it took Charles D to get from the same area to half the distance of Oklahoma, plus it worked out in Oilers favor because dispatch called back and offered the load for Monday, I would have turned it down too,just not worth it at that point with all of the ice on the roads