Cargo Van Anyone in Chicago?

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is there anyone in Chicago? One of my (ex)drivers was supposed to return the vehicle (a white Promaster with Try Hours logo) to the carrier, but he didn't do it. The last ping on QC was showing the truck in Chicago, on N. Kildare Ave @ W Lake St., but that was at 10:00 am. As the former carrier he used to drive for warned me, he might had disconnected the QC and he's doing loads on his own. But it might be abandoned as well, so I'm trying to figure out if the vehicle is abandoned or he is still using it. Any expediter in that area tonight that might help me out? last location.jpg

westcoast

New Recruit
Driver
I can look for you to see if it's there is there any compensation for finding it I can also drive it to it drop off

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
That is THE worse place to have your van dropped in Chicago. I live in Chicago but I'm not there.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is there anyone in Chicago? One of my (ex)drivers was supposed to return the vehicle (a white Promaster with Try Hours logo) to the carrier, but he didn't do it. The last ping on QC was showing the truck in Chicago, on N. Kildare Ave @ W Lake St., but that was at 10:00 am. As the former carrier he used to drive for warned me, he might had disconnected the QC and he's doing loads on his own. But it might be abandoned as well, so I'm trying to figure out if the vehicle is abandoned or he is still using it. Any expediter in that area tonight that might help me out? View attachment 12178
Geeez, that's Crappy and a sure way out of any future expediting work! Good luck to you...am in Ohio....will keep an eye out.

Reactions: Opel2010

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
.....will keep an eye out.
keep_an_eye_out_for_pickpoc.jpg

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That is THE worse place to have your van dropped in Chicago. I live in Chicago but I'm not there.
A friend of mine that lives around Chicago told me the same thing. What's more, he recommended me to stay away from that area...

Reactions: neilblack

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow, that's pretty awful. Hopefully, you'll get your truck back in good order.
I hope so... I'd rather close my eyes for his unauthorized run than running through the all that paperwork and bureaucracy to declare it stolen...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That stinks good luck! Not over there but will be traveling 94 in Michigan in the am I'll keep an eye out.

Is the driver from Chicago?

Reactions: ntimevan

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
I hope you will find it and also I hope you have his paycheck for the last 2 weeks. Please pm me the driver name. Thx

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh, boy. K-Town near Lake Street. I know the area--- used to deliver near there when I did courier work for a local outfit. I just got home from a trip to Iowa and back--- no way I'd try it tonight. Mebbe tomorrow, but not promising.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh, boy. K-Town near Lake Street. I know the area--- used to deliver near there when I did courier work for a local outfit. I just got home from a trip to Iowa and back--- no way I'd try it tonight. Mebbe tomorrow, but not promising.
Thanks! Interesting, the QC started to send signals again, so it's more like he disconnected the QC, did a run and now is back in town, but his phones are still turned off.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You know there are vehicle tracking devices that can be placed on the van that the driver won't even know about, nor will they know how to disconnect them. You can look these up online. Some of them will even tell you the engine temps, speed the van is going, if the check engine light is on, or if the oil is low. I recommend getting these installed in your trucks. Then you just send the cops to wherever the van is and have the drivers key taken away and the van locked up. I also hope you have some escrow money on this driver. I know most fleet drivers are broke, but you need to have at least a thousand dollars in escrow in order to discourage this kind of behavior by drivers. Fleet drivers need to have some skin In the game before you turn them loose with your truck. Good luck man. Please let us know how it turns out.