Cargo Van Anyone in Chicago?

tknight

Veteran Expediter
The petrified mouse was the worst thing or maybe the upside down girls footprints on the front window, even that surprised me a little that truck took all day to clean out.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmmmm..... makes me think that becoming a fleet owner is more trouble than it's worth.

It's the old story: if it's YOUR truck you take care of your stuff. If it's NOT your truck, you don't give a rip about things when you turn it in looking like you threw wild parties in there.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmmmm..... makes me think that becoming a fleet owner is more trouble than it's worth.

It's the old story: if it's YOUR truck you take care of your stuff. If it's NOT your truck, you don't give a rip about things when you turn it in looking like you threw wild parties in there.

Reactions: Opel2010

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't get it! The owner of my truck trusted me with a multi thousand dollar machine which enables me to make a living to support my family, and I take care of it like it was mine. I have too or I won't make any money. Don't these numskulls get it!

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't get it! The owner of my truck trusted me with a multi thousand dollar machine which enables me to make a living to support my family, and I take care of it like it was mine. I have too or I won't make any money. Don't these numskulls get it!
Apparently they don't. Problem is, these days we have people who don't care about anything.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
How does this guy continue to do this kind of stuff and get away with it. Don't truck owners wonder why the guy has been through so many previous owners and companies in short period of time? When I return the truck to the owner, I always clean it out and take it to be washed. But to tell you the truth, very few owners appreciated it. It goes both ways. I had one fleet owner put a stop payment on my paycheck when I deadheaded 150 miles to have my bank ATM card replaced because I lost it. He automatically assumed I was going to dump his van without even calling me. Some owners don't know how to take care of good drivers, and some drivers are utterly crap and get away with murder.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Took a truck back from a driver a few months ago.
View attachment 12220View attachment 12221View attachment 12222
I filled 2 - 55 gallon drums of trash! Some people are just pigs!
This was from a friends truck, he's still looking for a driver who isn't an animal, then again animals don't save their urine in Gatorade bottles, there were a dozen more under the bed, we burnt the mattress in the back lot for good measure .

You know what really pisses me off about some owners is that they all turned me down because I live in California. I had my own laptop, GPS unit, fuel money, cell, etc. Then they would hire some local driver who would trash their truck. I might have to come out and drive again next year for someone and it will be the same thing all over again. No one believes that I work the entire year and take 1 weekend a month off in a hotel room in lieu of home time. Then you've got people destroying trucks and still getting jobs.

TruckingSurv

Seasoned Expediter
You know what really pisses me off about some owners is that they all turned me down because I live in California

I hear you living in Oregon, off the road right now, BUT the job I finally got was for a local guy who had a contract with a private carrier to run their trucks nationwide, I spent the better part of my time there running eastern USA and Canada, a good owner and a good driver shouldn't let the home 20 stop them from working together, sure it is harder to get home, but a good fit makes staying out longer more palatable. You could eat off the floor in the truck, of course the boss was anal about cleanliness, maybe more so than me, :) worked out well to see who could keep the truck cleaner!

TS

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Took a truck back from a driver a few months ago.
View attachment 12220View attachment 12221View attachment 12222
I filled 2 - 55 gallon drums of trash! Some people are just pigs!
This was from a friends truck, he's still looking for a driver who isn't an animal, then again animals don't save their urine in Gatorade bottles, there were a dozen more under the bed, we burnt the mattress in the back lot for good measure .
Oh boy... Something like, but not THAT bad, I found in one of my trucks. That guy, aviation engineer by his main profession, drove the van two weeks and a half, kept it for his personal purposes another week, and with only 11k miles on board, it was looking like a trash can, not a trash truck. The seats were only full of stains, but thank God, in one piece. And the trash found inside filled only one 55 gallon barrel...

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Why don't you pm John to begin with instead of trying to create a circus here ?

What's wrong with posting a thread about a bad driver? Why allow this driver to continue to run his game on unsuspecting fleet owners? I wish there was a site where fleet drivers and owners can be verified. Kind of like a third party that vets them and validates them. I had one excellent driver in my van for 9 months. She didn't like to drive 1000 miles direct, and was not as hard a runner as most, but she made me a steady income and never caused me any problems. I had another driver who would deadhead right back home after every load and then he woud complain about how he couldn't make any money. I also once had an owner operator disappear with my customers freight for three days when I had my expedite company. I posted that on here as well and warned other carriers and fleet owners via PM about that particular driver.

Reactions: JohnWC and Opel2010