Anyone else stuck in Dallas

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Expediting tends to be slow on the weekends, especially for vans and Sprinters, so getting stuck anywhere over the weekend isn't unusual. It's typical. Mondays can also at times be very slow, so it shouldn't be a surprise when you sit someplace over the weekend extending until Tuesday. Not that many carriers have very much success out of Dallas. Panther is one of the few who does, however. But generally speaking, the only way to get out of Dallas is to either just leave, or wait until you get a load.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We delivered on Sat in Ft. Worth. Loaded tomorrow from a bit south of there. We don't do anything other than wait on the beep. Turned down a few that did not suit our needs. Not a van though, a straight.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would never take A load to DFW unless I got paid 400 miles extra for the deadhead to Memphis.
Make um pay or let the freight *****s do it

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
With bowling , golf, and tennis and such, u guys should never be bored, go out and do sports, clear ur mind, stretch your achey breaky dried up muscles. Live a little, slap a policeman, get some excitement going...............................I know ur motivated now, lol.*** must I post a Vince Lombardi video...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Most people who are stuck in Tulsa go to, you know, Dallas.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I like Dallas (area). But I'm freaky. LOL!![/QUOTE

Go over to Rockwall tx,,,,knock urself out for the weekend,,it great fun there,,,u will not be disappointed, and thats a fact Jack...
Home - Southern Junction take a taxi, but there is tons of parking for a straight truck, vans and sprinters,,,,its maybe 8 miles at the most from the truckstop in Rockwall tx. Good steaks, lots of line danciing and yes the girls will dance with you, trust me,,rearly did I see a girl turn anyone down, no its not full of hookers,,its a real dinner club and dancing ,,2 bands, stay for both,,good time there.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
I spent a year or 2 down south last week. Virginia, only to have it get worse (Knoxville), only to have it get much worse (New Orleans), and then it got ever so slightly better (Pensacola). I say slightly better because then I was a 300 mile deadhead to Atlanta, which is what I did.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Oh no, I'm married. And super happy to be.
But I like great food, good music and good beer.
I like going OOS when I arrive in a new town so I can have a beer or 3. But just in the new areas for me usually.
Ok, and Detroit too. LOL!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Oh no, I'm married. And super happy to be.
But I like great food, good music and good beer.
I like going OOS when I arrive in a new town so I can have a beer or 3. But just in the new areas for me usually.
Ok, and Detroit too. LOL!!

You go to Detroit, on PURPOSE? :eek: I was born there and I avoid it as much as possible.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Detroit is the new cool. :)

The outskirts of Detroit, once you get out past the war-zone, really is pretty cool. Nice people.