anyone else notice a slow down in freight???

bulldogmbm

Seasoned Expediter
usually panther keeps me running but these last 2 weeks have gone down hill fast i was in detroit last week and sat all week till thursday then deadheaded to chicago then sat for a day and did 2 minis and sat till tuesday took a 235 mile mini and have been sittin in chicago ever since idk what happen but we was doing so good now its like i need a change of address card

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Yup. It was slow for me last week too. I sat in Hopkinsville, KY for almost two days and deadheaded up to Indy then got a load back down to KY and sat til noon in Georgetown, KY til I finally said to Hell with it and went home. This week has been OK, but I sat at he Fri, sat sun and mon til I finally started to deadhead back up to MI and got hit with a run from Wellington, Oh to MI. Got a run to Canada and back so that really saved this week. I sure hope this week continues to be decent. It's Thursday and nothing decent seems to be moving tonight. I overheard something about some automotive plants getting shut down, but I don't see that affecting other freight. I would think I would be busier with Thanksgiving coming up.

Last edited:

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
im with panther and been sitting sense wednesday morning outside chicago. First outs on wednesday bumped me back pretty good but the board is moving slllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooowww

Edit.....was 3rd and 3 new first outs bumped me back to 6. I hope these first outs are legitimate not some dumb dispatcher giving them out cause no one will take the load.

Last edited:

rodeehos

Seasoned Expediter
our revenue is off about 35% from last week. our load count is off about 30%. yeah, i would say that it has slowed down pretty drasticly.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Can't run them all ...

This week I have turned down 20 loads alone.

Last week it was 15.

Too much work for once.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Can't run them all ...

This week I have turned down 20 loads alone.

Last week it was 15.

Too much work for once.

Greg,,,,When asked nicely,,,,,
Some of us may run for beer money ya know..Allways willing to help a guy out.:D

Been real slow ONCE again for us also,,just waiting for the usual excuse from dispatch to come out and start saying,,What do ya expect its the Holiday season.

sockhat

Seasoned Expediter
Unloaded in Huntsville,Al. on Tues. mornin. still here and it's now Fri afternoon. Only ran 2341 mi last week. Saaaaad for a team !

Deville

Not a Member
The past 3 weeks i've noticed a slow down...however the past 2 weeks have been TERRIBLE. The offers are ****, they are all paying .85 to $1.00 a mile. Can' run that on a D unit. Had a dispacther tell me that there trucks flooded into the N/E area & if I don't wanna run it for what they are offering they will find someone who will. That someone is most likely a Noob.

Also most of these loads there offering out are load board runs, if they can find someone to accept it, fine they still make there 40%

Kind of reminds me of 08' when things died right after the Presidental election, almost the same thing has happened.

Very scary.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The past 3 weeks i've noticed a slow down...however the past 2 weeks have been TERRIBLE. The offers are ****, they are all paying .85 to $1.00 a mile. Can' run that on a D unit. Had a dispacther tell me that there trucks flooded into the N/E area & if I don't wanna run it for what they are offering they will find someone who will. That someone is most likely a Noob.

Also most of these loads there offering out are load board runs, if they can find someone to accept it, fine they still make there 40%

Kind of reminds me of 08' when things died right after the Presidental election, almost the same thing has happened.

Very scary.

This is where the "partnership" card comes in....

The carriers should be able to take "less" to allow for the conditions...they should be taking only 10-20 %..
There must be a way to trim overhead quickly when conditions pop up like this....cutting hours of work and having management fill in and pull double duty...

fastrod

Expert Expediter
This is where the "partnership" card comes in....

The carriers should be able to take "less" to allow for the conditions...they should be taking only 10-20 %..
There must be a way to trim overhead quickly when conditions pop up like this....cutting hours of work and having management fill in and pull double duty...

You dont actually believe that "partnership" crap do you? That is just something they pump into your head to make you feel important.

guido4475

Not a Member
I know I am going to get some heat on this one, but my pay has not went below my contracted rate since I have been here.A long while ago Spencer made a post about this, and it has held true.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know I am going to get some heat on this one, but my pay has not went below my contracted rate since I have been here.A long while ago Spencer made a post about this, and it has held true.

Why would you take heat? They can't offer you below contract rate..if they bid that low the company takes the hit...

well they could offer.. and a wise man would refuse to go down that path...

guido4475

Not a Member
Why would you take heat? They can't offer you below contract rate..if they bid that low the company takes the hit...

You have a point,oh wise freightmaster.Maybe I should of said they havent offered me a load below the contracted rate..going to bed now, rough night...I hate fog.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

It's not always a bad thing. I was in Shreveport and was offered a load that was a nickle below my rate right after I unloaded. I thought it was worth it to get out of there that quick. It's the only below rate load I've hauled since I've been back at C&M.