Anybody Ever Run by Triple T in Tucson?

Kyreax

Seasoned Expediter
Howdy guys,

You've been kind enough to answer all of my questions lately.

I just realized that I live around the corner from The Triple T in Tucson Arizona. Go to Breakfast there with my buddies sometimes.

Anybody ever stop by? If you do, I'd buy you a meal in exchange for bending your ear a bit.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Just so everyone reading now doesn't think I added my last post to bash the Ateam, Kyreax edited out that he saw their truck.

Kyreax

Seasoned Expediter
You'd have to ask Kyreax. I didn't see any. I'm just CMA.

Sorry guys, I did say something, but was kindly asked to edit it out, so I did. Not meaning to stir up any hornets here.

Triple T makes an awesome Strawberry and whipped-cream covered waffle!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
No probs, Kyreax. I knew you were asked, tho don't know the purpose. Nearly everybody mentions when they see someone's truck they know. If someone doesn't want to be noticed, why would they post pictures of what they drive?

Kyreax

Seasoned Expediter
No probs, Kyreax. I knew you were asked, tho don't know the purpose. Nearly everybody mentions when they see someone's truck they know. If someone doesn't want to be noticed, why would they post pictures of what they drive?

I dunno. I just shaddup and did what I was asked...it's too early in the game for me to be peeving people off:D

I figure if I become a sponge for a bit, I'll absorb all the info I need to....be stuck in Idaho in a nasty winter storm while expediting....:rolleyes: crap.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I dunno. I just shaddup and did what I was asked...it's too early in the game for me to be peeving people off

I wouldn't worry about peeving someone off as this is described. So the Ateam is in Tuscon? Must want royalties from your photo. Our truck should have stopped and taken some.
If they were that worried about it, it would be foolish on their part to post the picture of his truck on this site with every post he does. Then again, maybe the bank is looking for a payment.

aripen

Seasoned Expediter
Kyreax,

I sent you a Private Message. Get back to me on my private email account so we can talk. -

Kyreax

Seasoned Expediter
Kyreax,

I sent you a Private Message. Get back to me on my private email account so we can talk. -

Gotcha, replied to ya via email, not private mail on this board. Thanks for the help.:)

And I met up with a Panther Husband/Wife Team today in Tucson at the Triple-T a Nice Red Kenworth (a tag-axled DR unit with a liftgate)...they had a lot to say about why I shouldn't get into the business...they seemed kind of disappointed in the whole Expediting thing, but they also drove someone else's truck...so who knows if they were making ends meet.

Any and all input helps.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Here and on my blog, for a number of reasons (all good), it is my practice to talk about where we have been but not where we are in real time or where we will be. Exceptions are when we are organizing an event like inviting expediters to help fellow expediters move, or inviting expediters to join us for a Thanksgiving Day meal at a truck stop.

At my request, Kyreax edited his earlier post. He saw our truck in Tuscon and requested a meeting to inteview us about expediting. That meeting occured this morning at the Tripple T truck stop, and we are in Tuscon no more.

What a day we have had! It started with the morning meeting. A Panther team was sitting in the lot. Before we gave Daniel and Jen a tour of our truck, I walked them over to the Panther truck, introduced myself to the team and asked if we could do a walk around fo that truck too. The team agreed and then came to see our truck.

After we were done with Daniel and Jen, we went back inside for coffee with the Panther team, and another enjoyable visit with people from whom we learned a lot.

Next was some light maintenance work to do on our truck. As I worked on that, a big-rig driver approached just to visit and pass time. As I worked, he told me all about his passion for darts and the world of dart tournaments. That too was an interesting visit.

We met more expediters later in the day and gave more truck tours and had more visits. When the weather is nice, which is is in Arizona, people come out to visit, that's for sure.

The day's events inspired a story that I'll write later and put on my web site, "A Great Day at Tripple T"

This is the first time we have spent any real time at the Tripple T. The parking lot is very dusty and dirty (happens in the desert), but everything else was clean, friendly and good. It is a nice switch from the Pilots, Flying Js, Love's, and TAs that we see so much of.

The social aspects of expediting were an unanticipated surprise when we got into the business. Today was a home run in that regard. Great people! Great visits! I got some great truck photos too. There were some dandy trucks moving through the truck stop when we were there.

Last edited:

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
Kyreax

I use to live close to the TTT back in 1971 after I got out of the Marine Corps, I lived on Benson Hwy.

My sister still lives in Tucson and sometimes while we're going through there we'll give her a call and meet at the TTT for a visit.

Back in 1971 they use to say that the TTT was the largest truck stop in the west, funny how small it looks now days compared to the big truck stop chains.

My friend was a tire buster there and that was when everything was done by hand (no dismount and mounting machines back then, or at least there) he really loved those split rings (not)

Good Luck!

Kyreax

Seasoned Expediter
Kyreax

I use to live close to the TTT back in 1971 after I got out of the Marine Corps, I lived on Benson Hwy.

My sister still lives in Tucson and sometimes while we're going through there we'll give her a call and meet at the TTT for a visit.

Back in 1971 they use to say that the TTT was the largest truck stop in the west, funny how small it looks now days compared to the big truck stop chains.

My friend was a tire buster there and that was when everything was done by hand (no dismount and mounting machines back then, or at least there) he really loved those split rings (not)

Good Luck!

Cool. Looks like this place is more famous than I thought in lil' ol' Tucson. :) I like the food, and its right around the corner from my house. Oddly enough, nice place.:rolleyes:

Kyreax

Seasoned Expediter
Chopped up below quote to add my handle and respond to specific bits. Hope you don't mind.

At my request, Kyreax edited his earlier post.

What a day we have had! It started with the morning meeting. A Panther team was sitting in the lot. Before we gave Daniel (Kyreax) and Jen a tour of our truck, I walked them over to the Panther truck, introduced myself to the team and asked if we could do a walk around for that truck too. The team agreed and then came to see our truck.

After we were done with Daniel (Kyreax) and Jen, we went back inside for coffee with the Panther team, and another enjoyable visit with people from whom we learned a lot.

We met more expediters later in the day and gave more truck tours and had more visits. When the weather is nice, which is is in Arizona, people come out to visit, that's for sure.

The social aspects of expediting were an unanticipated surprise when we got into the business. Today was a home run in that regard. Great people! Great visits! I got some great truck photos too. There were some dandy trucks moving through the truck stop when we were there.

No need to explain the request to keep your locale under wraps. I'm new, I don't know what certain people need or want, so my pleasure. I kinda jumped the gun, didn't know if you were on a secure delivery, what do I know?:eek:

The Panther team showed me around their quality Class DR Truck, but warned me to stay away from Expediting because of the high fuel these days, don't buy a truck, work for someone else, etc. They seemed a bit disappointed with the current state of things. I tend to look at it as an opportunity. Call me silly.

You and Diane were quite friendly and helpful. My girlfriend and I enjoyed our breakfast with you and certainly learned a lot from you in that short visit! It was very serendipitous that you were in Tucson at the very gas station I go to right next to my home...like fate drop-kicking me into something again. I hope to keep in touch with you as I progress toward my dream. Your unique perspective is one I can relate to. And your truck. Dang. Just plain nice, well-kept and the pride of the fleet. Thanks for the tour.

And yeah, Tucson is paradise this time of year, albeit a wee bit dusty as you mentioned.

Thanks again!