Anybody at Panther planning on buying 2014 Sprinter and looking for parttime driver?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm experienced currently driving my own 06 sprinter looking to get out in the road in a 2014 Sprinter. I want to experience life on the road with the new OM651 engine coming to the states later this year. Please contact me if you have any leads. Thanks for considering.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Re: Anybody at Panther planning on buying 2014 Sprinter and looking for parttime driv

A new Splinter over a new Transit??? Good luck!!!!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Re: Anybody at Panther planning on buying 2014 Sprinter and looking for parttime driv

No way this post is real. Anyone with experience knows you can't put a part time driver in a used sprinter let alone a new one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter

Hey xiggi, like the name says.............a dreamer!! lol

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

No way this post is real. Anyone with experience knows you can't put a part time driver in a used sprinter let alone a new one.

Well... You could, but it'd be kinda dumb.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Hey xiggi, like the name says.............a dreamer!! lol

ha ha ha... this is a legitimate post... nevermind. Guess everyone will not be buying sprinters... do your research before you start bashing....

does anyone know what the 2014 sprinter MPG will be... just testing your "ever so gifted veteran" knowledge

Last edited:

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I'm actually looking to put part time driver in my 06 this coming summer if anyone with a cdl is interested.

When I say part time I mean share driving time. 4-6 weeks out 4-6 off, then repeat again.

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I'm actually looking to put part time driver in my 06 this coming summer if anyone with a cdl is interested.

When I say part time I mean share driving time. 4-6 weeks out 4-6 off, then repeat again.

Sorry for my lack of understanding but why would a fleet owner do such a thing. Stopping and starting insures. The carrier stopping and starting payroll abductions ui. Most likely drug tests each time you start again it just doesnt seem to makes sense for the bottom line.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter

does anyone know what the 2014 sprinter MPG will be... just testing your "ever so gifted veteran" knowledge

I'd be more concerned with the "URCPM" than the MPG. URCPM = Unexpected Repair Costs Per Mile.

guido4475

Not a Member

His posts are screaming bankruptcy.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

well the 2014 is supposedly all redesigned...new engine and maybe they will include the new transmission as well....hopefully the DPF problems will have been dealt with....

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Ho -Hummmmm....eh

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Oh...I see Dudley Doright is still in Hopkinsville. .... lol. ....me 2 1/2 hours yet to S E Al. delivery. ....

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Sorry for my lack of understanding but why would a fleet owner do such a thing. Stopping and starting insures. The carrier stopping and starting payroll abductions ui. Most likely drug tests each time you start again it just doesnt seem to makes sense for the bottom line.

I'm going to be looking into this soon, I spoken briefly with a few at contractor relations (I'm sure it has already been done, as long as the wheels are moving why does it matter who's driving)... do you guys live out of your vans 365 days a year? I'm looking to learn from some of these fleet owners, there's a reason why they're not out on the road anymore, they've paid there dues or played their cards right :)

Last edited:

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I'd be more concerned with the "URCPM" than the MPG. URCPM = Unexpected Repair Costs Per Mile.

for someone was anal with maintenance as I am (I have gotten as high as 750 miles off one tank of fuel)... I'm sure it would be pretty low. The Sprinter does not seems to get much respect in the expedite industry from what I've seen. The guys that are in them love them or hate them... I just had my transmission out few weeks ago, did it faze me... nope found the right guy to work on it.... put a new torque convertor seal in and life goes on. 201k and many more to come!

Just letting you know there is a 7 speed OM651 Diesel 33.9 MPG sprinter on the way for those who might wanna know... transit will not be able to hang with that!

Last edited:

westmicher

Veteran Expediter

The new 2014 Splinters will all be delivered in limp mode with no way to correct it without Mercedes service, just so new owners will get used to it right away!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Iam with Westy..., no way the BIG model will see 32 mpg

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Iam with Westy..., no way the BIG model will see 32 mpg

the numbers and facts are already there, get on the sprintersource.com and do your research! :)

maybe the extended wheel base won't quite see that but the small and medium will.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter

I have to admit that those Mercedes folks are geniuses... knowing the pressure side of the intake was responsible for zillions of failures, causing limp mode activation, Mercedes goes and "doubles down" by putting TWO turbos on the new engine!!!! I'll bet it has TWO cheap (construction, NOT price) plastic resonators and twice the feet of pressurized hoses to split open!

BTW, I also own a 2006 Splinter. Mine has 450000 miles. Yours has 201k... life was good back then. :)