Anybody at Panther planning on buying 2014 Sprinter and looking for parttime driver?

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Re: Anybody at Panther planning on buying 2014 Sprinter and looking for parttime driv

The $950+ came from American Transmission right there in Oklahoma, recommended by SilverStar Transmission. I thought Jenny's was $3,300ish plus their motel bill???

I am pretty sure, dont quote me, since it has been over a year, but the $3300 included the motel, rental car, and everything else needed for the replacement. I would have to go back and look at receipts at home. We did go with the Silverstar, and then just installation.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Re: Anybody at Panther planning on buying 2014 Sprinter and looking for parttime driv

I believe he said the warranty was one year or 100,000 miles if properly installed. My local Splinter dealer offers a remanufactured unit through Dodge with the same warranty for $4,000 or they rebuild it themselves for $3,400 with only a 90 day warranty. I believe a few EO folks have put a SilverStar transmission in with good results? Perhaps they'll chime in? :confused:

The warranty is 1 yr/100k. You have to pay for shipping back to them and labor if you need to exise the warranty. Ask me how I know...:rolleyes:

westmicher

Veteran Expediter

The warranty is 1 yr/100k. You have to pay for shipping back to them and labor if you need to exise the warranty. Ask me how I know...:rolleyes:

Yours went bad in warranty?

Jenny

Veteran Expediter

Yours went bad in warranty?

Yup. We had it warrantied our in May, when we did our firat fluid flush at 50k. The tech dropped the pan to find a bunch of metal shavings, and a clip. We took photos and sent it the SS. After a few minutes on the phone a new one was being sent. After we paid for removal, installation of the new one, and shipping back we were once again on our way. Oh yeah, and replacing all the a/c lines when it was in there too.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367361484383.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367361484383.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 48
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367361557599.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367361557599.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 51

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

That's just wonderful... my original transmission has 460,000 miles on it! I think the least expensive replacement is about $3,400 installed, with many in the $5-6,000 range installed. :mad:

I know a place in Dallas that can do it for $2400 installed (with Silverstar Trans). 100k warranty! What year is your sprinter? Drop me your email and I'll send you some details. That is quite impressive you got that many miles out of the original trans, how is it shifting?

Last edited:

westmicher

Veteran Expediter

I know a place in Dallas that can do it for $2400 installed (with Silverstar Trans). 100k warranty! What year is your sprinter? Drop me your email and I'll send you some details. That is quite impressive you got that many miles out of the original trans, how is it shifting?

It is shifting normally. We try to drive our 2006 like there are eggs taped to the pedals. I understand that some just quit without any warning at all...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

We try to drive like there are eggs taped to the pedals.

An excellent system, probably the best there could be.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Ours went at 512k.

geez! That's quite a long time... how miles on your sprinter now? I wish I had that many miles on my sprinter. I'd probably have some decent money in the bank :)

Jenny

Veteran Expediter

geez! That's quite a long time... how miles on your sprinter now? I wish I had that many miles on my sprinter. I'd probably have some decent money in the bank :)

I think its around 565k. We parked it last year. It is currently having the head gasket replaced and everything checked out on it and will be going up for sale. It took us a while to decide what we wanted to do with it, plus the mechanic who is fixing it had broken his hand.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I think its around 565k. We parked it last year. It is currently having the head gasket replaced and everything checked out on it and will be going up for sale. It took us a while to decide what we wanted to do with it, plus the mechanic who is fixing it had broken his hand.

What is the reason for selling it, did you get another sprinter or get out of expediting?

Jenny

Veteran Expediter

We moved up into a straight truck.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

We moved up into a straight truck.

Probably never sit Monday through Friday in most major cities?

Jenny

Veteran Expediter

Probably never sit Monday through Friday in most major cities?

Everyone sits sometimes