Another why do people protest

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Trigger Alert: language!

Nicole Arbour, age 31, is from Hamilton, Ontario. She is a comedian, and an actress, choreographer, dancer, musician, singer, and a writer. She was a cheerleader for the Toronto Raptors NBA team. She has two college degrees (business, political science). She is probably best known for her "Dear Fat People" YouTube satire video that had over 100 million views, because it pissed off pretty much everyone who is offended by everything. The video above is a Periscope broadcast (that's a thing), and it's brilliant.
I watched about the first five minutes and then bailed out. She made some valid points but maybe it was her constantly pulling her hair back, I'm folliclely challenged. Maybe it was the way she talked or acted but whatever, I couldn't watch anymore.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I watched about the first five minutes and then bailed out. She made some valid points but maybe it was her constantly pulling her hair back, I'm folliclely challenged. Maybe it was the way she talked or acted but whatever, I couldn't watch anymore.
This one is mainly for you. She plays with her hair a lot less, and this one is like most of her other videos (quick editing cuts and even more of the same annoying talking and acting), but it's spot-on funny.

"For every one person who gets shot in a mall parking lot, there are literally millions who had a great day shopping!"

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you managed to read through the whole article, you have to wonder, What in the hell is going on. Where is this really coming from? Why are the youth going nuts, and according to one of their reports a teacher also. Yes, it was a brutal campaign. The media did a great job of fanning flames that were not there, and now act surprised at the backlash they have created. Where has common sense and decency gone? This really is sickening, and I don't get it at all :(

Hate crimes, racist graffiti after election; Trump says 'stop it' - CNN.com

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
image.png
If you managed to read through the whole article, you have to wonder, What in the hell is going on. Where is this really coming from? Why are the youth going nuts, and according to one of their reports a teacher also. Yes, it was a brutal campaign. The media did a great job of fanning flames that were not there, and now act surprised at the backlash they have created. Where has common sense and decency gone? This really is sickening, and I don't get it at all :(

Hate crimes, racist graffiti after election; Trump says 'stop it' - CNN.com
Where is it coming from? Good question.
I doubt most of it is coming from 'Trump supporters'. Just because someone writes GO TRUMP next to a Swastika doesn't prove they're actually for Trump. It may be just the opposite, people who dislike or hate Trump that are doing it. At least some have proved to be hoaxes, upon further investigation.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some are probably just like the inti trump protesters. They yell go trump and never vote.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A decent article explains what I believe is going on with a lot of these hate crimes.
The ‘Hate-Crime’ Victims Of Trump Who Weren’t

Royal Oak was hardly a hoax,......

VIDEO: Royal Oak school kids chant "Build the wall" while Latino classmates cry

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I grew up in a monarchy environment....very anti American sentiment..took years to overcome the racism and bigotry I was taught.....we didn't have the net to fan those flames...to the point now I married an American...go figure how the world turns...

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A decent article explains what I believe is going on with a lot of these hate crimes.
The ‘Hate-Crime’ Victims Of Trump Who Weren’t

Royal Oak was hardly a hoax,......

VIDEO: Royal Oak school kids chant "Build the wall" while Latino classmates cry

It's not a hoax that the kids chanted "build the wall". But what is that exactly? School kids being obnoxious after Trump won the election? Trolling Latino classmates or did they just happen to see it and felt offended because they thought it was directed specifically towards them. It's not clear what was the motivation.