Another why do people protest

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Classes are canceled. Midterms were made optional. Grief councilors were brought in. Because these kids can't EVEN.

Reactions: Perioodic

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I see a lot of protesting is around colleges....I guess they having a tantrum they thought for sure Hillary would get in and subsidize their students loans...oh well....time they got a part time job or 2...:)

Or they could just become like me and drop out :p

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This is ridiculous! Protesting democracy in action. Their parents must be do proud of them!
:mad:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
You must remember, these folks might be the same ones that use to get a trophy in sports just for participating just like the few that worked their butt off to be the best and they got the same trophy......:rolleyes: So Momma's little boy and girl are upset now that little ms hillary did not get a trophy this time....:bobtail:

Reactions: davekc

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
PS-----there are no burnings/riots in Cookeville tn yet, probably will not be....different set of manners here,,,maybe in the up bringing----u know, Train up a child in the way they should go.........................

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I guess when people are looking for handouts and don't get them they cry
Oboma was comander and chief now trump is its time for a change I hope this one is for the better been about 16 years of down hill slide with a few ups

Reactions: skyraider

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I see a lot of protesting is around colleges....I guess they having a tantrum they thought for sure Hillary would get in and subsidize their students loans...oh well....time they got a part time job or 2...:)
A lot of college educated Hillary voters protesting.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
A lot of college educated Hillary voters protesting.
poor babies.....Bernie's free ride disappeared and next best thing got beat...No FREE RIDES Kiddies....now back to the sandbox with ya...

14907152_1806049386350422_2757322606164374481_n.jpg

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is ridiculous! Protesting democracy in action. Their parents must be do proud of them!
:mad:
they are just exercising a right the constitution gives everyone...we can no more deny them that right as to deny ourselves to do so over our issues....we don't have to agree with thier protest of course but as an American,,,it is thier right to do so...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Actually ok with the protesting. Not that it will do any good. But, if the protests turn to riots, then lock them up.

Reactions: SWTexas1

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Actually ok with the protesting. Not that it will do any good. But, if the protests turn to riots, then lock them up.
Without realizing it, the protesters are actually protesting against democracy itself.

They lost, in the same kind of open democratic election that's been going on here for more than 200 years, and they don't like it, so they're throwing a temper tantrum in the hopes of getting their way. They're not even protesting his polices, they're protesting their feels. \

There's a MoveOn.org petition to get rid of the Electoral College.

And one petition to impeach Trump, immediately. Like, immediately. Dismissing the fact that the only reasons a president can be impeached are "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors" (as defined by the Congress, incidentally), the reason for impeaching Trump, who isn't even the president, is listed as "something is wrong."

"Something is wrong" is a euphemism for "WAAAAAA!!!!!!"

Reactions: davekc

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Grief councilors were brought in.
Grief councilors, grief councilors, GREIF COUNCILORS my ass!!!!

Get over it! Your candidate lost! Move on!
Oh, yeah. The University of Kansas reminded its stressed-out kids that therapy dogs, a regular campus feature, were available.

The University of Michigan offered its traumatized students coloring books, Crayons, and Play-Doh to calm them down. Go Blue!

Cornell University, an Ivy League school in Ithaca, NY, held a campus-wide “cry-in,” with officials handing out tissues and hot chocolate. (Distinguished Cornell alumni include 19 Nobel Laureates, 8 astronauts, 5 heads of state, professor Carl Sagan, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Matt Urban (the most decorated serviceman in US history), Ann Coulter, Janet Reno, Keith Olbermann, Bill Maher, Ruth Bader Ginsburg.)

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So if someone writes racist/ Nazi graffiti and includes Trump's name with it, can we surmise with certainty that it was a 'Trump supporter' who did it? One incident lumped together in the article was of kids chanting 'build the wall'. It would be interesting to know how many were legitimate crimes, actual hate crimes, and also done by whom.
Over 200 Reports of Hateful Harassment and Intimidation Post-Election: SPLC.

Muslim woman student made up reports of bring 'attacked, robbed of hijab' by man in Trump hat,

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
PS-----there are no burnings/riots in Cookeville tn yet, probably will not be....different set of manners here,,,maybe in the up bringing----u know, Train up a child in the way they should go.........................
Wait until the next student govt elections at Tenn Tech. No telling what might happen if they elect an SGA president from the Young Republicans:eek:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Without realizing it, the protesters are actually protesting against democracy itself.

They lost, in the same kind of open democratic election that's been going on here for more than 200 years, and they don't like it, so they're throwing a temper tantrum in the hopes of getting their way. They're not even protesting his polices, they're protesting their feels. \

There's a MoveOn.org petition to get rid of the Electoral College.

And one petition to impeach Trump, immediately. Like, immediately. Dismissing the fact that the only reasons a president can be impeached are "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors" (as defined by the Congress, incidentally), the reason for impeaching Trump, who isn't even the president, is listed as "something is wrong."

"Something is wrong" is a euphemism for "WAAAAAA!!!!!!"
Something is wrong with the culture of our younger generation due to failures in parenting, education and the "pop culture" rot with which they identify. College aged people are still children, not being exposed to the consequences of their decisions and the hard facts of the real world. There are winners and losers, and in order to survive you learn to live with it and keep on keepin' on.

Reactions: wimpy007 and Turtle