Another Couple Of Months Of No Work I Hear

garman351

Expert Expediter
My team was told today they can expect it to be slow for another couple of months = Bankruptcy. This was reported to them by our current Company we haul for.

Do not let anybody tell you FedEx/Panther, or other major company's are doing good right now that is a crock of S--T. I talked to a major fleet owner who told me what I already suspected, these are hard times and it is going to get worse.

I have heard some semi truck & trailers are staying some what busy?

Its bad enough to live out of your truck for weeks at a time, but with no work that really stinks.

Welcome to MexiAmerica land of opportunity for everybody except Americans.

Garman351
x( x( x( x( x( x( x(

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good thing I took this week off. Not much sense being in service if there is no freight to haul. Hope to catch a bunch of fish this weekend so I can be feed my family in the coming months.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Yo Moot,
Looks like i am taking a couple of weeks off too...
Where is the fish and do you still have the Kayak rack on the van?

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Come on gotta be some bright spots somewhere other than the fishing hole.

Been concerned over this for months, Illegals taking our jobs even posted on Contacting people in Washington. Every group in America that hates Trucking including Washington, voicing there opinions on Landline to rattle our cages. But no large voice from truck owners comming forward Hint Hint...

But I am the one with the Bad Attitude. All I can say is I saw this comming so this is just a little more proof for the pudding. Any wonder why I am grumpy, concerened for the future for all of us?

SLOW? Not makaing $? Tired of the Truck Stops, Walmarts, Strip Malls?

Its a sign of the times, your gona have to survive on less. Hope those truck notes are close to being paid off, only way I see to keep my income the same.

Do not take much stock in what others told ya, everytime I do just the opposite happens. Want to hear a different projection? I believe it will get better for the rest of this year, I really do. Great no but better YES. Now for those Rose Colored Glasses please.

wallytrucker1

Expert Expediter
I run mostly out west and have had a good first four months of hard running this year. I'm taking May off to spend time with my son who's going Coast Guard 5/29 and thought it would be good to hang with him. Lot's of missed time with him, some aspects of trucking do suck. I know there are a lot less trks out west, maybe that is the difference. Hope the freight improves for those needing more work.

FAMILYEXPDT

Seasoned Expediter
Man....sorry to hear that it is slow for you.....but saying that anyone that says it isn't is full of s**t is a little harsh don;t you think? I can talk to 10 major fleet owners and have 7 tell ya business is great and 3 tell ya it sucks. Who ya gonna believe....personally if the next 3 months are like the last 3 .....I will be happy.

-Charlotte

banditt11

Seasoned Expediter
This is the reason I got out of the expedite business. I ran a van for 7 months and got behind on bills. Had to sell it and get back to the big truck. Been running hard ever since. I really liked running that van better than driving that big semi but just couldn't handle the ups and downs. Hope things work out for you folks;-)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mr. G, The fish are in Northern Minnesota on Bowstring Lake. Or I hope that's where they are because that's where I'm headed Friday morning. I only bolt on the rack when I go canoeing. I don't do the kayak thing. The canoe is staying home this weekend. I have a couple of friends with real boats! This has been an annual event for the last 15 years. We usually catch fish and always have fun. For the first time in several years there is no snow in the forecast. I might even wear shorts!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
No time to do fishing right now. We have been busy. Have to think that vehicle size or the company may be an issue.
May slow down around Memorial day, but I am not really sure about that?

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
We are up about 18% over 2006. But, fishing IS in my near future.

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
I havent been slow, been working steady for a while now, only time off is the time I choose, but in my opinion I think it has a lot to do with vehicle size and number of avaliable units.....seems like the last 5 loads I have pulled have been small enuff for a straight truck and even a cargo van, but I was the only truck in the area, major areas for that matter...Columbus, Oh., Nashville, Tn, kansas city ect... maybe time to sit back and look at the vehicle your in.... this is not the same buisness as it was 10 yrs ago.

Dog_House2691

Seasoned Expediter
I keep seeing all these posts about how slow things are,when I have been busy? I don't get it.I am in a cargo van and left home on the 19th of april and have 6328 paid miles as of today and took a two day layover in Columbia,SC. to see me sister,two days in Olive Branch barbqueing with another driver and took two days off in Gaylord,MI. for some rest and relaxation.I am currently in Waterloo,IA. waiting and I arrived here last night,there where 4 other vans here last night but where gone when I awoke at 10:00 am. so I'm not sure what is going on but I hope it continues,and all of the Drivers that are slow,I hope things pick up for you.

redhotxpress

Seasoned Expediter
seems like if we stay east we do alright but the minute we dare tread out of bounds we get stuck. we unloaded in L.A on monday and are still here and that was after doing a mini and getting a 1st out which in actuality was a 3rd 1st out. 1st out got a load to central cali last night and the other truck in front of us got load to illinois this morning. so hopefully we'll get out of here today but as of yet, alas, we sit. we were told frt went out of here last week on thursday/friday by the team in front of us (they were here 9 days...yikes!!). doesn't seem to have anything to do w/acceptance stats etc...just slow freight in the west i suppose.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
9 days? I can understand holding out a few business days if you are first out, but after that I would be looking for my own load out.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

G

West Coast is good on friday..When I was there I got a load offer for Windsor, ON..load canceled..next Arizona 400 miles ..canceled..Huntsville, AL...canceled...at the end DH to El Paso P/U monday dlv to Princeton Indiana..Swap in Tulsa, OK :)