Annoying banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Re: Annoying banter

Count me as another member sick and tired of all this annoying banter. I log on to E.O. to view the advertisements and don't appreciate all this chit chat about band width and ad munchies.

Talk to me Julie!

Thank you, Roseanne Rosanna Vanna. :D

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
I never see Julie, just bookmark the forums and go straight to them Or do the same with some other page.

Finally a voice of reason!! Some of us have had the forums bookmarked for years and only go "out into the lobby" when we're looking for something. How hard can this be??

Has anyone considered that asking EO to change the rest of their web site "for little old me" might be a little extreme, especially when it's so easy for each individual to make the necessary changes FOR THEMSELVES??

Did I miss the part at sign up for forum membership that granted me the "right" to input on the arrangement of advertisements?? Maybe there's a part there too that allows EO to dictate to us how to run our businesses.....if so, missed that one too!

Why make something complicated out of the simple....it's like the tv or radio, it has an on/off switch, if certain pages of this or any other web site annoy you that much, DON'T GO THERE!

The bulk of this thread sounds like a lot of whining liberals that can't do for themselves so have to complain and complain until someone gets sick enough of hearing them that they cave in and make the changes being demanded. I know, let's all storm the offices in Florence, that'll show em'. :rolleyes:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Finally a voice of reason!! Some of us have had the forums bookmarked for years and only go "out into the lobby" when we're looking for something. How hard can this be??

Has anyone considered that asking EO to change the rest of their web site "for little old me" might be a little extreme, especially when it's so easy for each individual to make the necessary changes FOR THEMSELVES??
Please cite any request that EO change any part of the site, cos I missed it.Comments were for the benefit od whomever designed and commissioned the ad, which is not EO.

Did I miss the part at sign up for forum membership that granted me the "right" to input on the arrangement of advertisements?? Maybe there's a part there too that allows EO to dictate to us how to run our businesses.....if so, missed that one too!

Why make something complicated out of the simple....it's like the tv or radio, it has an on/off switch, if certain pages of this or any other web site annoy you that much, DON'T GO THERE!
The point is, we weren't 'going there', it was 'coming here', and [as both LM & Xiggie pointed out] the usual methods of avoidance weren't working on that particular aggravation.

The bulk of this thread sounds like a lot of whining liberals that can't do for themselves so have to complain and complain until someone gets sick enough of hearing them that they cave in and make the changes being demanded. I know, let's all storm the offices in Florence, that'll show em'. :rolleyes:

It sounded to me like a lot of annoyed folks telling the advertisers [not EO] what they think, and any smart vendor should welcome such feedback, IMO.

PS when you were unhappy with Alumibunk, did you suffer in silence? Or did you "sound like a whining liberal"? :confused:

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
It sounded to me like a lot of annoyed folks telling the advertisers [not EO] what they think, and any smart vendor should welcome such feedback, IMO.

PS when you were unhappy with Alumibunk, did you suffer in silence? Or did you "sound like a whining liberal"? :confused:

So the "advertisers" are the ones actually posting the ads to the web page....is that what you're saying?

That alumijunk thing was about personal experience with a defective product that cost us thousands of dollars and I don't think your attempt at comparison holds any water, unless these ads are annoying you so much that you can claim financial loss due to duress! That was a long time ago and I don't remember you being here during that time so I'm not sure how you see yourself as someone that can make any accurate statements involving the issue........ typical. <snort>

What I see is you out here solo, a very gutsy thing for a lady to do, and are able to handle all that goes with this business but you can't handle a few pop-up ads on a web site........really??

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm saying the advertisers [in this case, a carrier] are the ones who commission the ad, and approve it before booking the space - EO simply sells the empty slot in which to place the ad.
When ads are annoying, as this one is, the persons responsible need to hear about it - how else can they offer a better and more effective product?
Can't understand why folks expressing an opinion is characterized by you as 'a bunch of whiny liberals' tho, cos you sure don't see it that way when you have a complaint.
As your own sigline says: evil [and I certainly think annoying popup ads are evil] must be spoken against, right?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
You may wish to consider adjusting the dosage of whatever it is that you're taking ...... I propose a reduction .... but if that doesn't get it, well hey - go for broke and crank 'er up ...... :rolleyes:

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Oh boy......it's the old "adjust the meds" response.....haven't seen that one in a while!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Oh boy......it's the old "adjust the meds" response.....haven't seen that one in a while!

Probably cos [speaking as a former nurse], I know that meds that work, sometimes stop working.

Seriously: who cares how your message was sent?:confused:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I'm saying the advertisers [in this case, a carrier] are the ones who commission the ad, and approve it before booking the space - EO simply sells the empty slot in which to place the ad.
Not exactly entirely accurate in all cases I suspect (possibly not even in the majority of them) ..... in that EO is probably the one actually actually developing the content .... and certainly the one implementing it within the context of the website .....

When ads are annoying, as this one is, the persons responsible need to hear about it - how else can they offer a better and more effective product?
The only other two options I'm aware of are either full mental telepathy .... or possibly a surgical implant of an electronic device in the brain ....

Considering the economics and social stigma attached to either of the above, I think a little written feedback is probably the best route to go ....

Can't understand why folks expressing an opinion is characterized by you as 'a bunch of whiny liberals' tho, cos you sure don't see it that way when you have a complaint.
Yeah, that one is a real puzzler ain't it ?

When one has drunk a particular flavor of the koolaid long and deep, it is often hard to imagine that there is anything else available ..... one might only see things ........ and yea, even the entire world ........ as being in shades of orange and cherry koolaid .... with a only slight befuddled recognition of lime koolaid ....... at best .....

Of course, under such circumstances, there is no awareness that any other drinks such as Sweet Tea, Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Coke, and Gatorade even exist at all .... :rolleyes:

Or that folks might actually prefer to sample a little variety, as opposed to always consuming the same thing constantly (what is it called when one does that ? ...... oh, yeah ....... an addiction)

BTW, I ain't asking EO to change their website - OTM can do whatever they please .... since they own it ..... I'm just lettin' 'em know that I really don't care for the annoying ads .... and I'd really prefer not to hear anymore foolish talk about "stealing bandwidth" ..... or be condemned if I choose not to view said ads ....

As your own sigline says: evil [and I certainly think annoying popup ads are evil] must be spoken against, right?
Annoying popup ads are, in fact, a Communist plot to subvert the entire free world, no doubt inspired by old Lucifer himself .....

All hail and bow down to the wondrous and magnificent Julie ! (...... whoever the hell she is .....)

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
By the way, my last message was sent using old WYSE keyboard and monitor (dumb terminal) from a Digital PDP-11 (....... AS THOUGH ANYONE WOULD FRICKIN' CARE .....)

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Ummm.....someone using a smartphone and not wanting to be subjected to all the evil ads........might care.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Lawrence, what are those assumptions?

I would like to know.
Don't hold your breath ..... being a privately-held company, I rather doubt that a frank, detailed, and open public discussion of EO's business model is anything that the big guy is looking to have happen (which is entirely understandable IMO) .... hence the following suggestion:

"Please share your ideas by dropping an email to [email protected]"

I don't think there is anything wrong with blocking ads by users who are regulars, and understand you derive your income by those ads but sometimes it makes no sense why some regulars can't turn off these ads with a level of participation.
Sounds like a great thing to develop/implement for the next version of EO ...... but I'm somehow guessin' it won't make the cut list .... :rolleyes:

Isn't it the participation that makes this site attractive?
An admission of the above carries with it certain implications ..... (namely, that the users of this site are providing something of value .....)

Bandwidth stealing?

Really?!? Who came up with that? :rolleyes:
Gee, I wonder ..... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.