American Trucking Associations pushed HOS regs on

chuckwagon

Seasoned Expediter
RE: American Trucking Associations pushed HOS regs

In case there was some confusion....let me try to explain something to you's people.

I do not care that you think my 15-years of business experience do not count for anything in the expediting business.

You can continue to think that you have such an exclusive profession here that no one can possibly understand it without years and years and years and years and years and years and years and years of experience in it.

You have not won, you did not beat me, I am not defeated - I simply no longer care to carry on a conversation with a bunch of closed minded country pumpkins that think only they have the only answers.

Now - come back and say that is not what you think, that it is just me that is wrong, bla bla bla - that I just do not understand, I am a rookie and no not have the experience to understand and bla bla bla again.

Bla bla bla bla - I no longer care but about myself!

It was once said that those with years
will forever shead tears
because they are blinded by the fear
that the end is very near.

One that lacks those years
will share our tears
he has no fear
as he knows no end.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

THE ATA IS A BIG JOKE.

Last year FedEx Custom Critical wanted to send me and a few other drivers to the state truck drivng competition in Columbus, Ohio and FedEx was told they could only send one driver from each Class. When other companies sent more than one driver for each class. The ATA is all about money and what they can get in my book. they really don't care about the drivers.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

You can continue to think that you have such an exclusive profession here that no one can possibly understand it without years and years and years and years and years and years and years and years of experience in it.

I don't think any of us think that. It's just that some of the statements you have made are classic of one who doesn't really understand that expediting is, well, different. The reason people are asking you what your expediting and driving experiences are, is because you are making statements that reek of inexperience and simple ignorance. Not that there's anything wrong with that, as both are absolutely curable.

For example, you talk about organizing or unionizing, in order to force the carriers to increase pay for this or that, yet you fail to realize that the competition between carriers, large and small, is such that the customer has the lion's share of the votes in the matter. Even if the overwhelming vast majority of carriers caved in to organized demands, the small mom and pop operations who can underbid would suddenly become the primary movers of expedited freight, and in very short order would not be small mom and pop operations any longer, as the drivers from the formerly large companies would be leaving in droves for employment by Mom & Pop Expediting.

Another example
I see my fellow truckers as people who want to move away from the crusted patterns of failures previous generations have embedded into their industry.

Just how many generations of expediters do you think there are?

I see my fellow trucker as business people who seek change, but hesitate, because change represents challenge, fear, uncertain results.

To the expediter, every day is a change from the last, a new challenge, and with no fear of the absolutely certain uncertain results. It's not like the big boys who have their routines and are set in their ways. In expediting, every load is different, every load is a challenge, every load is filled with uncertainty.

You have not won, you did not beat me, I am not defeated

You sound like Baghdad Bob.

Not to be confused with Redmond Bob, who said:
"I tell you again! Windows has no bugs! It is invulnerable to viruses!
There have never been any infections! The BSOD does NOT exist!"

I simply no longer care to carry on a conversation with a bunch of closed minded country pumpkins that think only they have the only answers.

Actually, it's country bumpkin, not pumpkin. A bumpkin is an unsophisticated person. Usually not very intelligent or interested in culture. Generally refers to someone living in a rural area.

A pumpkin is a squash fruit, a gourd on a vine of the genus Cucurbita Cucurtibaceae. A pumpkin has no mind.

Please tell me you haven't been carrying on conversations with a vine load of squash.

Now - come back and say that is not what you think, that it is just me that is wrong, bla bla bla - that I just do not understand, I am a rookie and no not have the experience to understand and bla bla bla again.

Wayhul, oh kay, if'n youse say so. But I done wanna come off lookin' lack a kuntry gourd or sumpin'.

Bla bla bla bla - I no longer care but about myself!

Hey, now yer talkin'!

It was once said that those with years
will forever shead tears
because they are blinded by the fear
that the end is very near.

Naaa. They're just tired and wanna get it over with.

One that lacks those years
will share our tears
he has no fear
as he knows no end.

Ah, to be young and stupid again. Those were the days. :)

Man, if only I knew then what I know now...

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Turtle Absolutely CLASSIC.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Gee this is the third time you said you were out of here.No one appears to be shedding tears over your departure, so why are you hanging around?

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

I know that I am repeating myself, but this needs to said again:
"Don't go away mad, just go away.

Mike

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter

Could the moderators start a new category Chuck's Tongue Waggin and move some of these posts there so we can discuss the original topic here ?

chuckwagon

Seasoned Expediter

I deserve my own dedicated section on this site:

It should be Chuckwagon's Chuckles And Choice Chews of Da Week!

Featuring the wit and wisdom of Chuckwagon himself!

Man, now that has some balls to it!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Chuck, that last item is one we have plenty of already - but thanks for offering...

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter

>I deserve my own dedicated section on this site:
>
>It should be Chuckwagon's Chuckles And Choice Chews of Da
>Week!
>
>Featuring the wit and wisdom of Chuckwagon himself!
>
>Man, now that has some balls to it!
There ya go . Chuck's agreeable . All his fans could go directly to his posts

babs3361

Expert Expediter

Chuck you say you are a OOIDA member and you have the gutts to ask what HAVE THEY DONE FOR THE TRUCKING INDUSTRY.... plase would you read you Land Line Magazine, be informed before you spout off. Strenght is in numbers and compared to the ATA (anti trucking ##### o.)Excuse me asso. OOIDA numbers are very low there are several million truckers but only 145,000 OOIDA members. Strenght is in numbers when they go to speak to senators and house members. Mr. Johnson said this in response to the ATA proposal of speed limiters. Show us the proof that speed limiters are safer. There are several companys that have them, show us that they are safer. I bet everyone here can give the answer to that. They are not safer and we as professionals know this. The only thing speed limiters do for those that have them is make them speed in places they can to make up the time they lost out on the open road. AS far as those who have said things like shuting down and blocking docks. Good luck in Federal prison. This is a federal offense blocking Interstate commerse. OOIDA has been around for what 25 yrs. They have always fought for our rights as O/O and for the Drivers themselves. By joining OOIDA is our only voice besides the one we have ourselves calling our Senators and Represenatives and by voting. So I urge each and everyone in these forums Put UP Or Shut UP join OOIDA. It will be the best money you spent and it is tax deductable. Use a members number and get $20.00 off your first yrs. membership.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter

It will be NHTSA that forces manufacturers to install manufacturers . If you want to contact NHTSA directly use this link . www.nhtsa.dot.gov/email.cfm . Unless you take individual action instead of sitting back depending on the OOIDA you will lose on this issue like you did on the fuel surcharge .NHTSA needs to realize this is not an issue of ATA vs OOIDA . The decision will affect the safety and fuel economy of every motorist on the highway .