Am I The Only One???

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Personally, I don't mind when a topic gets a little off track. How many times, when in a normal face to face conversation, do you continue to speak of the same thing? Let the written "conversation" flow.
With that said, it does not mean that attacks should remain intact, moderation is still needed for those times that folks just can't control their fingers.

Critter Truckin

Expert Expediter
Here's an idea. Instead of people jumpin in each others sh*t for saying something that might be a bit "off-topic." Why not just crap can the whole mess and start from gound-zero.

There are people on here that make sense, make others laugh, make some cry, and make some curse a blue-streak. We could all deteriorate to the point that we can all yell, "SHUT THE F UP" when someone says something that one may not agree with. But then, we'd just end up like the Taiwanese parliament.

Truth is this, there's no real fix to any issue. Democracy isn't perfect. Communism isn't perfect. My teeth aren't perfect. Phil's truck isn't perfect. Moot's jokes aren't funny to all (but they sure are damned funny to me). Larry blows his nose too much. Panther is nothing but a bunch of over-bearing dolts that want to drive all the smaller companies out in order to test the Anti-Trust laws. Bud Light tastes like brown, freeze-dried pee. SO WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

It all doesn't matter in the end. Just so long as we all agree to disagree and not pull anyone down, then who cares what each others opinion is. I had it out with someone not too long ago. Why? Because I PERCEIVED his opinions to be bashing. Well, to him they may not have been. So what? I got my say off my chest, and don't wish any ill upon this person.

Another thing that I could do without on this site. There's way way WAY too much censorship. If we are all allegedly adults, then why in #####'s half-acre can't we speak to each other like adults. I understand that we have some that are a little more religious than others. But my question to the powers that be would be this: why not use the FCC guidelines in what we can't say? Do us all a favor, stick by George Carlin's 7 Words You Can't Say on TV. And we're done.

In closing. We don't have to love each other, we don't even have to stomach each other. And everyone should remember one thing. While opinions are free, and everyone is allowed to have one. No one is entitled to YOUR opinion. Cheers!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Roberto Clemente has two balls. Make that two balls and a strike.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
But isn't our discussion of "Off Topic" just a little off topic.....?

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

[em]"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." --Mark Twain[/em]

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What an interesting thread this turned out to be. A little bit of drivel, but mostly good reading.

My vote would be to not change a thing. And, I'd like to nominate Moot to be King of the World.

maybe_driving

Seasoned Expediter
If you want to see what happens when you over moderate a site go to
(www.packing.org) was a great gun site had all the laws for each state and all the info. you need. Then they came up with a post rating plan if your post was good then you rate high and can post if someone did not like it or you then you got hit with 0's and could not post until your rate came up again, the site is dead now.

just disagree and move on to the next post

lanier1

Seasoned Expediter
I am just upset that I missed a Marvin Wagner post. I can't find it. Those are always my favorites. Dang it !!

lanier1

Seasoned Expediter
Yep I'm sick of it.

I think the moderators do an excellent job but I am tired of the same old posters slamming people because they don't agree with some of the regulars. Not all regulars mind you.

Some of the people on this site have gotten to be more of an irritant to me than informative and entertaining and that means its time to get away.

You win Broom.

Good luck all.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Have the topics displayed,scroll down to the bottom and click on page 4. There is a locked thread from Marvin there about physicals.