Am I The Only One???

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Am I the only member that’s sick of this or am I the only one with the “you know whats†to speak up??

As more time goes on, this forum reminds me of Congress. So much bickering amongst the members that nothing gets done!

It’s next to impossible for SOME of us to ask a question or make a comment without starting a pissing contest among a few. Well…..I’m sick of it.

Are you a regular member that joins in this so-called fun??? SHAME ON YOU!

Are you a moderator that just can’t quit pick, pick, picking at others?? DOUBLE AND TRIPLE SHAME ON YOU!!

Moderators are supposed to moderate, not stir #####. Those of you that join in on this hen-pecking bring shame on to this site. I wonder what Lawrence’s sponsors think of when they read this?? Did any of you ever consider that you’re an embarrassment to this man’s business?? How do you proudly shake his hand at the expo and expect him to say “job well done†with you acting like this? And he’s probably got just enough class to ignore your childish antics and say that to you anyway!

Shame on you moderators that have years and years of combined experience but are so busy belittling others that when you DO share your experiences, we’re already doubting your integrity!

Shame on you regular members that just love to “join in†the fun and games. Are you so insecure that you stoop to this level just to feel “accepted� Accepted by whom, accepted into what??

Most of all, shame on those that will stand by silently and say nothing while their fellow expediter is made a punching bag. Remind me NEVER to count on you for help.

Is this what we’re here for??

Is this the vision that Lawrence had not so long ago??

Maybe we should all take a few steps back and think about how all this got started, how much work has gone into this thing to make it what it is today, how it must feel to watch “some†come along and ##### on your dream.

Never mind. I’m wasting my breath trying to talk sense to a bunch of little boys during their horseplay on the playground………..but how many of you would tolerate someone messing around your business like this?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"It’s next to impossible for SOME of us to ask a question or make a comment without starting a pissing contest among a few. Well…..I’m sick of it."

Well, other than pissing on every EO member, like you just did, what are you gonna do about it?

An open forum is just that, open. The longer a board is active, and the longer that regulars use it, the board will develop its own personality, and will reflect the personalities of all those who participate, you included. People have a right to their opinions whether you agree with them or not. You don't like the way members post here, you don't like the way the moderators moderate here. Maybe you should start your own Web forum, that way you can moderate the pee out of it.

I do know one thing for certain, and that's the last thing all the adult children here need is for you to come on and tell everyone how to behave. But then again, it is an open forum, right?

Slow and steady, even in expediting, wins the race - Aesop

buckeyewildman

Seasoned Expediter
its called an open forum for a reason do i agree with what everybody as well as the moderators does or says on here heck no but that is why its called open forum does everyone agree with what i have to say ##### i hope not it would not be an open forum after reading your post i came to one conclusion the one who is really picking on others is you every thing you said pretty much nitpicks somewhat on everyone on here as for lawrence is he perfect i kinda doubt it but he has done more for the bussiness then you or i could even dream of doing

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
I think there's a difference between my using the words some and few and you using every. Maybe you should read the post again.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
>
>I think there's a difference between my using the words some
>and few and you using every.

I agree. It's irrelevant to my post, but I agree.

>Maybe you should read the post
>again.

If all you got out of my post was pee, then perhaps you should do the same. Read it again.

Never mind. I'll make it simple for you...
Who are you to come on here and tell people what and how to post, and who are you to come on here and tell moderators how to moderate?
Do you like irony? With your post here, you got personal with everyone who has ever posted on this forum. "Do as I say, not as I do." Too funny.

Slow and steady, even in expediting, wins the race - Aesop

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
My intention going into the post in no way resembles your impression coming out of it.

I merely meant to say, wake up....speak up....isn't anyone else tired of all this bickering. Whatever you read into my post is your opinion, and your opinion only.

I'm in no way trying to tell anyone how to post or moderate, I'm simply saying STOP THE ARGUING AND GET DOWN TO BUSINESS! The last time I checked, I still had the right to do that.

MikeC

Seasoned Expediter
Well EO does have long stretches where there are no problems but then along comes someone who wants to stir the pot.I think the modertors keep a hands off approach until it starts getting real personal such as locking up that guy Marvin Wagner a few days ago.

All in All EO works.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
OK, I admit it, I'm slow..but I am from South Carolina so I have an excuse.
I have read and re-read this thread and for the life of me cannot understand what brought on this this contempt from Diesel D. It must have been something from another thread that got the feathers ruffled, but jezzz, I don't think all that was said could be justified unless someone licked the red off her candy and then threw it in the Mud!!
Please help me understand with the details as to what brought this on so I can get excited too.

Danny

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Hey Diva,

In your defense let me say that I do understand the frustration of wanting to ask a question without having several posters insinuate (of state bluntly) that you must be an idiot for asking. I have seen it happen to many different people at many different times on here. However, I also know that there are a whole lot of people who are just doing their best to offer helpful information on here. I also know that I have seen the situation being referred to in a much worse fashion on other forums. I gotta hand it to the EO mods, they have a whole lot of different personalities to deal with on here. Even those with the most noble intentions won't make the right call every time. You read a post and you wonder, "Do they say thia in jest, or do they really mean it?" A lot of playground scuffles start that way. It probably happens more when the work volume is down and people are sitting in one place for longer periods. You just have to let it roll off your back and not take it personal if you end up in the line of fire.

It's just like moving into a new neighborhood. Some neighbors you'll like and some you won't. But even if you don't like them, you still have to live down the street from them. So it is here. All we can do is try and give others the benefit of the doubt, even as we would like to receive it from them.

There are times that I want to say something in one of the more "hostile" threads. Usually if I am incensed enough to type this long dissertation, my wife hears about it along the way. Hahaha! Many times she'll ask me if it's really going to help someone or just fuel the flame. Hmmm.... I am so glad I listen to her sometimes.

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

[em]"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." --Mark Twain[/em]

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My question is, what is it we are supposed to be "getting done"? I see lots of conversations taking place, questions being answered...

What are we not getting done?

blacktiger

Expert Expediter
Thinkin the mods do a pretty darn good job. Ole Lawrence can speak for himself but I think he is pretty happy with his bunch. Wes went to the truckshow in Wlimington and from all the people I would say hed be crazy to change anything. All the eo people we met were great and all a class act.
Im thinkin I figured out what a follower is.
Probably need to put that shame somewhere else.

George

fortwayne

Not a Member
If you step outside the normal box around here you can expect to get your tailbone operated on by the good ole boys club that is for sure.

Just wait and see what happens after my post and that will proof my point.

Ahhhhhhh, Fort Wayne you never have anything constructive to add, you complain, you moan, etc etc etc.

That is why now, I just read when I can, laugh when I do read and no longer worry about anything unless it directly effects ME and I worry about no one or nothing but ME!

I have started a new association called ME - it stands for ME!

Membership is free if you are ME!

Fort Wayne
Now That Is Stupid!

joebob1_30132

Expert Expediter
Thats funny cool...there is a certain amount of pleasure in watching a post "go postal" lololol...hey i like the shoot outs...Hey Expediters got some fire in their bellies....gotta love it.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
>
>My intention going into the post in no way resembles your
>impression coming out of it.
That's pretty impressive: if we can't read your mind, it's our fault - hmmmm...
>
>I merely meant to say, wake up....speak up....isn't anyone
>else tired of all this bickering. Whatever you read into my
>post is your opinion, and your opinion only.

>
>I'm in no way trying to tell anyone how to post or moderate,
>I'm simply saying STOP THE ARGUING AND GET DOWN TO BUSINESS!
>The last time I checked, I still had the right to do that.

Does anyone else see a contradiction in this? If arguing isn't part of our 'business' here, then I don't think we have any business here! And if you're "in no way trying to tell anyone how to post or moderate", why, then, is your next sentence a direct command on how to post or moderate?

ManLaw

Seasoned Expediter
dieseldiva,
You have hit the nail squarely on the head. It's sad that there are those here that have so much to share with the newbies, those just starting out, and those of us that have been out here for years. Yet some of them have gotten a "Holier than thou" attitude when it comes to a few of the posters here. They jump into a thread and either put that poster down for asking a question or sharing some sort of information they have come across and chose to come to EO to share. With the combined years of experience that some of these people have, you would think they could handle themselves in a more professional manner.

I have the feeling that Lawrence started this place for people to come to so they could share experiences, make themselves better expediters, and have a place to vent frustrations with other like minds that understand the day to day happenings of life on the road.

Like you, I want to see this place become a friendlier place to come. I want to be able to ask questions and not be made to feel stupid for doing so. I want to share my experience with others and not be told I don't know what I'm talking about.

Hey, I like a good debate as much as the next person and I'm all for getting both sides of the story. What I don't like is the minute someone sees a post by a peticular poster they feel the need to take the other side come heck or high water.

I know that in the short time that I've been posting here that I've come to realize who I can gain good information from and who's here just to have an agenda for themselves....or in some cases against a former carrier. Respect is earned and it takes some time to get there, losing that respect takes but a sentence.

As it stands now, there are people here that could be sharing the valuable things they've learned over the years. Instead, they've become bitter and would rather be flamers and "I told you so's". Half the time the answer they offer is.....read the archives. While I agree the archives are there and offer valuable information, some of it is NOW out of date and the person asking wants newer info.

I have chosen to ignore the flamers and their information. I will not participate in the negative attitude, it only leads to MORE negativity. There will always be the resident BBR's that think their way of doing things is the ONLY right way. People like you, dd and some others here, can help make sure that there will always be another point of view.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
This whole thread has bothered me.Every one who has posted is a decent hard working expediter that only wants everyone to succeed.

It reminds me of the scene in the "Godfather movie part 1" where Vito says" How did we let this happen".

We are all in this crazy business together, some individuals try to portray themselves as above the rest of the crowd which unfortunately leads to resentment by the majority. Now should a MOD delete or lock a post due to an individual boasting or making posts that show in their mind that they are superior to the rest of us. The answer is NO. When others object to the boasting post they should be allowed to speak their mind provided it is spoken in a decent NON PERSONAL manner..

When it gets publickly personal or the subject gets out of control due to flaming then the topic should be locked or removed. If an individual persists in flaming or provactive posts that person should be removed which has happened several times.

If we can't get along in our little niche of the world it's no wonder why the world can't get along.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Ok folks,

If you want to see things change, be a part of that solution. We're trying, but of course, we're not perfect.

I try to give room for debate without having flaming, and without being a total censor. It's a fine line to walk, and no matter which way I go, I will get at least 2 pm's wanting to know why.. LOL.

The reason some answer the way they do is that they've been round this way many times with the same ol stuff and I'm sure they get jaded, or tired.

I am also sure, that the more people who jump in and provide good clear information, the more it will become the norm.

The more people who answer posts without their own egos or hurt feelings getting involved, we will have better discussions without flaming and attacks. We need people who are willing to give their point of view, without saying all new ways are crap. We also need the new ones not to disrespect the more 'experienced' greybeards amoung us.

One of the biggest divisions I see on any board is the tendency to have the 'New Breed' vs the "Old timers'. It will take respect going both ways to change it.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

"The present is what slips by us while we're pondering the past and worrying about the future."

- Ziggy

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Well let me just take PERSONAL OFFENSE to Diesels comment! Dreamer you hit it right, old vs new.

Lets see I have been around here for a while and I will admitt Phils lectures or long winded ON HOW ME AND MRS. DO THINGS ARE well the only way and goes on and on and on and on and on.

Example the post I made yesterday was backed up by some very expierenced people here enforcing what I posted about. My reason for being here is to warn others of Pitfalls I hear of on XM read in the papers, staying out of debt, trouble, and not being blind sided by the Greed of Corporate America. What comments from a select few come on and argue back on are WE SHOULD KNOW BETTER so if made the mistake ts ts ts, thats exactly what Corporations feed off of is the uninformed and this site opens an opportunity for me to sell/tell what I believe in.

Right all of the time, I would like to believe I am. I have been proven wrong many times here and have admitted to it.

To those such as Diesel, that are offened WELL JUST TO BAD, its an open forum and all of us can participate like it or not if NOT than leave.
And as for embarrassment to this site. I will just say this I reap no financial Gains personally from these sponsers, Yes thank you for the opporunity to let me voice my opinion other than that if it offends you than LEAVE. If I have not brought more intrest to this site by my posts and time I have invested here what thanks have I ever gotten from any of them?

Welcome to America, we are welcome to say what we want as long as I do not personally attack, swear, or Fasley Accuse someone or a Sponser of something that is not true.

Very Truley Yours,

Kraig aka Broompilot

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
After reading all of this, I think a small handful are confusing the bickering, debates, or arguments as personal attacks. They at times can lead to that, and sometimes they don't. As a open forum, that is an expectation that comes with the territory. If one is "too sensitive", they should go to the FAQ section where your question or concerns will not be responded to by the general members.
You can't please everyone, and as Dreamer mentioned, if we respond and lock/remove a thread, we are censoring too much. If we don't, then some complain. It is a delicate balance that we do our best with.
Additionally, if a new person is referred to the archives, it is because of an assumption that they have not explored that area of the site. If they have, then they can indicate that, and members will respond.
Lets not complicate the simple.

Davekc
owner
23 years
PantherII
EO moderator