Am I making a huge mistake?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's not the case they werent.the first group at all. Just hard running with good equipment. This includes both vans and a straight.

No one company is for every person. One can do well while the next not so good. It's the case at every company I've been associated with.

Dallen323

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
Best of luck in your new venture. My wife and I are team straight truck drivers. We work for a fleet owner that pays by the mile takes out taxes files w2 etc. I prefer that to the independent contractor model.we never have a "bad" week. Meaning a week where we end up owing money. No charges for fuel or occupational hazard insurance etc. We get paid for the miles we run . Like a previous poster said don't jump on the first fleet owner that comes along. You are a hot commodity in this business. Check out all your options. Best of luck

Reactions: Turtle

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Yes people who have been there since the beginning of the company those are the ones they look out for and the new comers at V 3 transportation are left out to dry/hang lol if you don't work for them don't put your two pennies in cause I'm trying to help the guy out and prevent him form making a mistake I just left there I should know

The wonderful thing about trucking and so many companies is that what upsets one driver might not upset another driver. Do your homework and research each company. Talk to drivers who are happy and drivers who are not happy and make your own decision.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think he only talked to one driver that was not happy, himself. If he is running solo he needs to find a company that caters to solos.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Expediting is like boot camp, no one has a clue till you get there. So, here is a test. Get in car and drive oh, lets say 12 hours,pull into a truckstop, shower and eat some food. Sleep in your car if you can, then get up and eat breakfast and sit in that car another--4 hours, drive back home....pretend you are at a truckstop again, but you can cheat and sleep at home, now eat breakfast and get back in your car and sit for another 4 hours,,,if your still talking to each other , your good to go...my little litany was just a tip of the iceberg....you weren't hauling any freight or driving in snow and rain.... yes turnover is huge, but it was fun,,,my 2 years anyway...

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Also, when you do this, do not idle while you sleep. It's illegal in a lot of areas; in NY the police will give you a nice warm cell to overnight in.