Air tabs /eco flaps

fulexp

Seasoned Expediter
We like the flaps and air tabs,fuel mileage has increased .5 to 1 mpg with our straight truck. We have heard that the flaps crack in cold weather ??? Has anyone had the air tabs come off from truck washing or for other reasons? Thx r&j

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have had the AirTabs on the truck for over 4 years and they have been washed many times with no problems. We have not had to replace any of ours.

We have no experience with the mud flaps so cannot help you there.

moose

Veteran Expediter
With alll the respect ...
i really really dought a one Mpg saving ...
it's unheard of , and show a luck of Data collecting ...
or something else happening here .

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
With the combination of both items....I know little of the flaps but airtabs work differently on different trucks...
some get a good increase in mpg while others get no increase in mpg...
the miracle of science:D

andersenb

Seasoned Expediter
Hey everyone!

This is the co-owner and vp of Andersen Flaps to answer the question on whether our eco-flaps crack in the winter.

If they crack in sub zero temperatures, that is a material defect and is covered under our 1 year manufacturer's warranty.

Eco-flaps are made from a high impact, extremely tough nylon - they are tougher than any mud flap on the market. We have customers spending less to replace flaps because ours are so durable (among the other two benefits of spray reduction and fuel savings)!

They have been used in North America and Canada in the winter for over 2 years now.

If any are cracking in the winter, someone better be letting me know! Now this doesn't include you guys backing over them or road hazards which no mud flap can withstand.

So, howdy to you all and keep on truckin with the eco-flaps!!

Rosemary Andersen, Andersen Flaps

moose

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for coming onboard our Li'l forum .

yes, i have 2 questions :

~* why is it so heard to find the angled ones ?
i have an angle kind of mud flaps holder , will need the smaller ones ,and i seen a few trucks that have the Eco flaps on them , but no Truck stop carries them .

~* When can we get them in colors ?

andersenb

Seasoned Expediter
Right now, we don't have an angled flap coming out of the factory; customers are cutting them to fit. And this will not void the warranty. We have cutting instructions on the website.

We manufacture the flaps in black and white, but the truck stops only carry the black.

You would have to get the white flaps from a distributor like FleetPride or from us. Colored flaps such as yellow or red are considered a custom item and the price varies depending on your quantity.

Thanks!!!

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
Just for fun I had to post another advantage of Eco-flaps over the standard mudflaps.

Attachments

• 1004091046.jpg
    1004091046.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 60

DeidraB

Active Expediter
Hey!
To answer your question the Eco-Flaps do not break in cold weather and the flaps come with a warranty provided by the company that makes them.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I put the airtabs and flaps on and took the front visor off. I gained about 1 mpg overall. For me that was going from roughly 8 to roughly 9 mpg. Removing the visor was about half of that. That was roughly a 6% improvement for each. People would comment and now and then call it ugly. I'd ask what they spent on fuel in a year and they'd tell me $30k or more. I'd just say yeah, that would have been an extra $1500 in my pocket without the visor. I credited the flaps and airtabs about equally at 3% each or around $750 profit from each.