After Orientation Positioning

RoadDawgg

Expert Expediter
Ok, quick question. After the early week orientation is done, is there a good place to scuttle off to to wait for a load, or is staying in Lodi your best bet? I've never had to deal with this before, as I always lived close enough to go home and wait for a load. Is Lodi just glutted with straight trucks afterwards (ok, I know it's usually stacked with rucks, but still), or can I expect a load in a reasonable period?

I apologize for the exceptionally newbie type question, but like I said, I always lived close enough that the question never came up before.

Thanks!
Christopher

JimmyB

Seasoned Expediter
If I were you, I would stay in Lodi or head over to Canton. You don't have too many choices without racking up some deadhead miles before getting your first load.
IMO, Lodi / Canton is one of the best express centers in the country.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
The TA in Lodi is your best bet. Canton is fine, but you are closer to Cleveland from Lodi than from Canton.

RoadDawgg

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the replies.

I think (depending on where the truck gets fixed), I'll indeed stay in Lodi. No desire to go into Akron/Canton to wait (used to live in Akron, blech). Or I may hang out at the Walmart in Wadsworth. Better selection of eats and such. And cheaper to restock my supply of off-the-shelf meals.

Thanks!
Christopher

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for the replies.

I think (depending on where the truck gets fixed), I'll indeed stay in Lodi. No desire to go into Akron/Canton to wait (used to live in Akron, blech). Or I may hang out at the Walmart in Wadsworth. Better selection of eats and such. And cheaper to restock my supply of off-the-shelf meals.

Thanks!
Christopher

So many of our drivers were hanging out at the Walmart that they sent a letter to Panther saying that they don't want their parking lot turned into a Panther truckstop so I wouldn't hang out there.

RoadDawgg

Expert Expediter
D'oh!!

Well, nevermind then...lol

So many of our drivers were hanging out at the Walmart that they sent a letter to Panther saying that they don't want their parking lot turned into a Panther truckstop so I wouldn't hang out there.

How are weekend loads outta here? The truck is supposed to be done tomorrow, and I'm nervous about getting out over the weekend.

Thanks!
Christopher

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
There are several truck stops to choose from in the Lodi, Seville area.

I-71 x 204 Pilot
x 204 Loves
x 209 TA
x 209 Pilot

If you drive for a fleet owner it depends on your contract as to what if any deadheading you do. I do agree that just about anywhere in Ohio or near Detroit you will pick up a load fairly quickly.

Picking up a load over the weekend is hit and miss, but in ohio you have a better chance.