About LRT Expedite

Status
Not open for further replies.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
That's just not true. I've been doing this since '98 and I've been paid for every load. Why in the world would it be "part of doing business"? Maybe I'm not clear on what your definition of "lost a payment" is.

Maybe to clarify myself. I'm not talking of recieving just carrier payments. If you have ever brokered or done business from the carrier side for any amount of time you have lost a payment. John has a collections department and so does everyone else with any size to them. Shippers are responsible for payments. Payments are paid to the carrier and down the line, whether they all get paid is another thing. If you've recieved all your payments than your above average and fortunate. I've been trucking for 40+ years, you for 10, I've seen carriers come and go and leave truckers they're families and everyone else sitting on the side of the road w/out so much as a bus ticket home. Count your blessings.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been expediting for almost 14 years and trucking since '76. Not so much blessed, just made decent choices.

Sent from my DROIDX using EO Forums

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Guys, take it easy. He didn't start up intending to shaft anybody.

Just for the sake of discussion, I'm wondering how you know that. I don't know anything to the contrary, but am just curious how you know what's in his heart or head.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Just for the sake of discussion, I'm wondering how you know that. I don't know anything to the contrary, but am just curious how you know what's in his heart or head.

It doesn't fit the circumstances or the timing. And he wouldn't have made payment arrangements with contractors. And most importantly, he wouldn't have spent all those months being awakened every 2 hours around the clock if it was a scam.

He can be a bit of a jerk, but he's not a crook.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
How the heck is a Tour Bus Driver qualified to own an expediting company. I hope this guy ends up in jail.

Dont steal, the government hates competition. ~Ron Paul~

A tour bus driver is qualified to own an expediting business the same way anyone [including you] is: he decided to do it.
Odds are he had the best intentions, but it just went south - it happens. If he has good character, he will try to pay everyone, if not, then you learn from your mistake [buyer beware!] and move on.
I've never been cheated by a carrier, but I've trusted people who didn't deserve it - live and learn, try not to do it again.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Can we assume he doesn't owe A Monger any money ?

Not directly. He owes my former owner several thousand dollars, my cut of which has been paid me by said owner. But even if he did, that wouldn't necessarily make him a criminal. Incompetent, unfortunate, any one of several adjectives that could describe a failed businessman, but not necessarily criminal.

You do know, don't you, that most business startups fail, right? He tried to right the ship and couldn't pull it off. When a business fails, people frequently end up unable to collect what they are owed. It sucks, but it's not necessarily criminal.

marius1979

Active Expediter
Not directly. He owes my former owner several thousand dollars, my cut of which has been paid me by said owner. But even if he did, that wouldn't necessarily make him a criminal. Incompetent, unfortunate, any one of several adjectives that could describe a failed businessman, but not necessarily criminal.

You do know, don't you, that most business startups fail, right? He tried to right the ship and couldn't pull it off. When a business fails, people frequently end up unable to collect what they are owed. It sucks, but it's not necessarily criminal.

than tell him to pay me whenever

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
AMonger, a tip of the hat to your former owner
Honest to a fault. And a little too patient. I advised him to pull the plug on LRT long ago, but he thought John would be able to right the ship and wanted to stick with him.

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
LRT and John PETRUS are a shame for this business . They own us over 5k...SHAME ,SHAME ,SHAME!!! John I hope you will die POOR!

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I mean arent they partly to blame for letting a Tour Bus Driver try to run an Expediting business with no expediting experience?

Dont steal, the government hates competition. ~Ron Paul~

Who are "they," and are you advocating that "they" decide what people do for a living?

Last edited:

marius1979

Active Expediter
AMonger I think you have a problem. If you dont know how is to spend your own money to get the loads in time and everything you should stop defending him. I hate to mention again, but I trusted my friend on this who told me that he got paid all the time before, before not now.And I do have a feeling that this time is a big scam.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
LRT and John PETRUS are a shame for this business . They own us over 5k...SHAME ,SHAME ,SHAME!!! John I hope you will die POOR!

I don't know John Petrus and never done business with them but I think your going somewhat over the top. Everyone gets whats coming to them even you.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
...If you dont know how is to spend your own money to get the loads in time and everything you should stop defending him. ... And I do have a feeling that this time is a big scam.
Please restate this in English so I can address it.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter

Mike, if you were in business similar to the way John was, with lots of payables every month, and an employee or two made off with cash and equipment, putting you in a huge hole, what would you do? Don't you think that would put you in a situation similar to John?

Maybe you'd do everything you could to right the ship, slashing expenses to the bone and diversifying to try to bring in more cash. And you'd work at that as long as you could, hoping creditors would stay off your back long enough for you to get back on your feet?

That's my understanding of what happened at LRT. It's alleged that an employee made off with computers and another made off with cash. I don't know it to be the case, but I heard about it before he went in the red. But the hole was apparently so deep that he couldn't get back on his feet before the buzzards started circling, and now the villagers are at the castle moat with pitchforks and torches, demanding he be arrested for having employees steal from him--if that's the case--and putting him in so deep of a hole he couldn't get out.

I'm not saying nobody should be ****ed off, or that nobody should demand payment in full, no matter how long it takes, even if he has to work a second job at McDonalds to do it. But how about we all take a breath and stop demanding his arrest or that he be castrated or wishing bone cancer on him?

You know, if you ran a burger stand with a few employees, and came in one morning to find a couple of employees made off with your bank account and your deep fryer, and your employees were standing around wondering if you could make payroll and demanding your arrest, how would you feel about that from the other side?

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Can't believe I'm going to do this...but...Amonger makes some good points here.

I know....I agreed with Amonger. I'll be busy writing my suicide note now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.