About LRT Expedite

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Mike, if you were in business similar to the way John was, with lots of payables every month, and an employee or two made off with cash and equipment, putting you in a huge hole, what would you do? Don't you think that would put you in a situation similar to John?

Maybe you'd do everything you could to right the ship, slashing expenses to the bone and diversifying to try to bring in more cash. And you'd work at that as long as you could, hoping creditors would stay off your back long enough for you to get back on your feet?

That's my understanding of what happened at LRT. It's alleged that an employee made off with computers and another made off with cash. I don't know it to be the case, but I heard about it before he went in the red. But the hole was apparently so deep that he couldn't get back on his feet before the buzzards started circling, and now the villagers are at the castle moat with pitchforks and torches, demanding he be arrested for having employees steal from him--if that's the case--and putting him in so deep of a hole he couldn't get out.

I'm not saying nobody should be ****ed off, or that nobody should demand payment in full, no matter how long it takes, even if he has to work a second job at McDonalds to do it. But how about we all take a breath and stop demanding his arrest or that he be castrated or wishing bone cancer on him?

You know, if you ran a burger stand with a few employees, and came in one morning to find a couple of employees made off with your bank account and your deep fryer, and your employees were standing around wondering if you could make payroll and demanding your arrest, how would you feel about that from the other side?

Stop defending this coward..he was the owner of the business, if these incidents really did happen,where are the Police Reports, where are the arrests?? I call bs..The only person im holding accountable is John Petrus...you sound like him, always blaming someone else

Dont steal, the government hates competition. ~Ron Paul~

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Can't believe I'm going to do this...but...Amonger makes some good points here.

I know....I agreed with Amonger. I'll be busy writing my suicide note now :)

STOP WRITING!!!!

Remember 'even a broken clock is right twice a day' and 'even a blind squirrel finds a nut now & then'?
See, you haven't lost your mind, [good thing, as I agreed with him too - in fact, I said much the same first, right?]

The OP is right to be angry, but wrong in assuming that it was a deliberate scam. And IMO, if it wasn't intentional, his angry comments have blown any chance he had of getting on the list for payment, which ought to make him really mad. :rolleyes:

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
STOP WRITING!!!!

Remember 'even a broken clock is right twice a day' and 'even a blind squirrel finds a nut now & then'?
See, you haven't lost your mind, [good thing, as I agreed with him too - in fact, I said much the same first, right?]

The OP is right to be angry, but wrong in assuming that it was a deliberate scam. And IMO, if it wasn't intentional, his angry comments have blown any chance he had of getting on the list for payment, which ought to make him really mad. :rolleyes:

It became a deliberate scam, when he realized he wasnt a very good business person, and knew he was going to go under, yet he continued to offer loads to drivers, knowing he was going to keep thier money and not pay them...thats criminal in my eyes.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
STOP WRITING!!!!

Yeah....I tried to rationalize it too. You've had some time to think about it now.....need a copy of my note? :D

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
im referring to who ever gave this guy a license to steal.

A license is official permission to do that which is otherwise illegal. Is it your position that people should be licensed for their occupations, with the government reviewing your qualifications before you're allowed to open your business?
"Let's see, Mr. Petrus...your previous experience was operating a tour bus...I'm afraid your application to start an expediting business is declined." That doesn't happen in a free country.

Did you research him before signing on? You did sign on to a company run by a tour bus driver, you know. Maybe the problem is more you than this amorphous "they" that "let" him start a businesses.

I notice you quote a great man in your sig line. People who admire him don't think the way you do.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It became a deliberate scam, when he realized he wasnt a very good business person, and knew he was going to go under, yet he continued to offer loads to drivers, knowing he was going to keep thier money and not pay them...thats criminal in my eyes.

You're presuming some things are fact that may be entirely in your head. "Realized he wasn't a very good business person"? "Knowing he was going to keep their [drivers] money"?
You know no such things, and accusing the man of it on a public forum is not the brightest thing you could do. Because what he did may be criminal in your eyes, but in the eyes of the law, it hasn't been proven so. What you wrote about it, though? That very well could be criminal
, and you could end up owing him money for libel.
Wouldn't that just frost your cupcakes?
:rolleyes:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yeah....I tried to rationalize it too. You've had some time to think about it now.....need a copy of my note? :D

Thanks - but I'm thinkin if you need to plagiarize [or borrow] a suicide note, you're probably not really ready to go, lol. ;)

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
You're presuming some things are fact that may be entirely in your head. "Realized he wasn't a very good business person"? "Knowing he was going to keep their [drivers] money"?
You know no such things, and accusing the man of it on a public forum is not the brightest thing you could do. Because what he did may be criminal in your eyes, but in the eyes of the law, it hasn't been proven so. What you wrote about it, though? That very well could be criminal
, and you could end up owing him money for libel.
Wouldn't that just frost your cupcakes?
:rolleyes:
Stop trying to reverse thing Roadrunner, its because of this open forum this scumbag was finally exposed..

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
A license is official permission to do that which is otherwise illegal. Is it your position that people should be licensed for their occupations, with the government reviewing your qualifications before you're allowed to open your business?
"Let's see, Mr. Petrus...your previous experience was operating a tour bus...I'm afraid your application to start an expediting business is declined." That doesn't happen in a free country.

Did you research him before signing on? You did sign on to a company run by a tour bus driver, you know. Maybe the problem is more you than this amorphous "they" that "let" him start a businesses.

I notice you quote a great man in your sig line. People who admire him don't think the way you do.
They dont think like me? Huh? I like Ron Paul, but everyone has thier flaws, and he obviously didnt raise his spoiled brat kid very well, but thats another story. But you are correct I should have done further research. But thats the past..stop distorting the facts..wich are~this guy owes thousands of dollars to hardworking honest drivers just doing thier job.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
They dont think like me? Huh? I like Ron Paul, but everyone has thier flaws, and he obviously didnt raise his spoiled brat kid very well, but thats another story. But you are correct I should have done further research. But thats the past..stop distorting the facts..wich are~this guy owes thousands of dollars to hardworking honest drivers just doing thier job.

The customers paid him for the work I did..wheres my money? and if certian people wouldnt have started asking hard questions, he would have continued this scam even longer..

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
..stop distorting the facts..wich are~this guy owes thousands of dollars to hardworking honest drivers just doing thier job.

Yes, that's true, but it's a civil matter, not criminal.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
The customers paid him for the work I did..wheres my money? and if certian people wouldnt have started asking hard questions, he would have continued this scam even longer..

Well, you're partially correct. Had the heat not gotten too high, maybe he'd still be in operation, raising the cash to pay off those drivers. Now he's not. Feel better?

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Your right in a "free country" you can legally rob the blind, you can incarcerate more people then any other country in the world.ect ect.. It still dosent make it right..this guy almost ruined my career.

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
Mike, if you were in business similar to the way John was, with lots of payables every month, and an employee or two made off with cash and equipment, putting you in a huge hole, what would you do? Don't you think that would put you in a situation similar to John?

Maybe you'd do everything you could to right the ship, slashing expenses to the bone and diversifying to try to bring in more cash. And you'd work at that as long as you could, hoping creditors would stay off your back long enough for you to get back on your feet?

That's my understanding of what happened at LRT. It's alleged that an employee made off with computers and another made off with cash. I don't know it to be the case, but I heard about it before he went in the red. But the hole was apparently so deep that he couldn't get back on his feet before the buzzards started circling, and now the villagers are at the castle moat with pitchforks and torches, demanding he be arrested for having employees steal from him--if that's the case--and putting him in so deep of a hole he couldn't get out.

I'm not saying nobody should be ****ed off, or that nobody should demand payment in full, no matter how long it takes, even if he has to work a second job at McDonalds to do it. But how about we all take a breath and stop demanding his arrest or that he be castrated or wishing bone cancer on him?

You know, if you ran a burger stand with a few employees, and came in one morning to find a couple of employees made off with your bank account and your deep fryer, and your employees were standing around wondering if you could make payroll and demanding your arrest, how would you feel about that from the other side?

He knew he's going down but he still tryed to offer loads for the drivers and owner operators. This is the reason why I call him criminal. I hope he will stay at least one week in jail...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
He knew he's going down but he still tryed to offer loads for the drivers and owner operators. This is the reason why I call him criminal. I hope he will stay at least one week in jail...

Now IF you could prove at what point he knew he was going down...you'd have a case....

Outsidegirl

Active Expediter
Guys, take it easy. He didn't start up intending to shaft anybody. He was trying to run a reputable company, and somewhere things took a left turn and things got out of hand. I'm not the guy's biggest fan, but I was there when calling in meant he answered the phone at home, even when you'd wake him at 0300. Lots of businesses fail without their owners being crooks.

I mean did you actually work for him???....whether it was inside the office or out...the guy was and is an ***!!!...It takes a certain personality and attitude to work with people and this guy is not one of them!!!!...when you're a bus driver all you have to do is drive and not deal people...only the passenger you are carrying on your bus and if ya want paid then you do what ur told and not question or comment on anything...this guy just screamed and yelled and CONSTANTLY threatened to fire people!!!!...stay behind the wheel where you belong John and keep your comments to yourself!!!

350rocket

Active Expediter
I ran for John back in Dec. and Jan. and he got about 4k behind before I realized there was a problem, due to the 2-3 week lag time on pay that they typically needed. I took payments. I got paid in full. I was disappointed with taking payments,but figured at least they didn't stiff me. I was suprised to see this time around they closed up shop and disconnected phone. I thought John was more responsible than that. Fortunately he didn't owe me any money this time around.I feel sorry for you folks.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I mean did you actually work for him???....whether it was inside the office or out...the guy was and is an ***!!!...It takes a certain personality and attitude to work with people and this guy is not one of them!!!!...when you're a bus driver all you have to do is drive and not deal people...only the passenger you are carrying on your bus and if ya want paid then you do what ur told and not question or comment on anything...this guy just screamed and yelled and CONSTANTLY threatened to fire people!!!!...stay behind the wheel where you belong John and keep your comments to yourself!!!

Every once in a while, he was a (rhymes with trick), but not nearly as much as people make him out to be.
A former owner of mine was becoming a (rhymes with trick), micromanaging and such. I had to cut him some slack, seeing as he had purchased a $120,000 truck, probably putting up his house to do it. I don't know what assets John had or what he had on the line, but it was surely something. You might keep that in mind when criticizing John for being on edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.